My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2014, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2014 08:55 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(03-01-2014 08:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yabut, she thinks the Inquisition was a good idea. Shocking Sadcryface Weeping

Yeah. Dunno what to make of that but I dunno dick about the Inquisition other than Galileo made the right call. "Let me get this straight. I'm going to be imprisoned and tortured if the Earth revolves around the Sun instead of the Sun and every fucking other thing out there revolves around the Earth. ... Consider ... Fine, the Sun and every fucking other thing out there revolves around the Earth. Can I go home now?"

To the Church's credit, it did eventually admit that Galileo may very well have been right. IN FUCKING 1983!

(03-01-2014 09:56 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 09:55 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Oh and ...
... shove it up yer arse, Prophet!
Tongue
I lol'd. Big Grin
(Trying to stick this 60" screen up my bunghole, yikes! Tongue )

It's kinda like a colonoscopy. You gotta do it an inch at a time.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2014, 09:25 PM
I'll bet they're a handful of pimple-faced geek-type, who have let the 'power' go to their heads. I'm talking about "The 5" of SD.
[+] 1 user Likes TheBear's post
03-01-2014, 09:58 PM
(03-01-2014 09:25 PM)TheBear Wrote:  I'll bet they're a handful of pimple-faced geek-type, who have let the 'power' go to their heads. I'm talking about "The 5" of SD.

You mean the 5 Horseman of the Bropocalypse. Their cumming has long been prophesied.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-01-2014, 10:31 PM
(02-01-2014 05:48 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 09:40 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  It was my understanding that he speaks for your deity, according to your doctrines. Yet I have seen some rather snarky comments over at SD about V2 and -- gee, I wish I could remember it verbatim -- at least one comment that was rather disparaging to popes who have deviated from the hard line that your forum seems to take. Might you address that?

EDIT: Oh, here it is, from "RobertJS":

You are saying Jesus Christ is happy with your personal choice of being an atheist, and therefore you are saved. Of course, that is not true, but unfortunately the false popes and other hierarchical hijackers have been giving the world such a notion since the revolution of the 1960's. It is part of the ecumenical movement.

So, what of that? This poster seems to be passing judgement on the man who is supposedly the head of your church, supposedly from an unbroken line of succession going back to Jesus of Nazareth himself. I would think that the above poster's criticism of Francis would be heresy. Your thoughts?

My thoughts pretty much match yours. I think it's all bullshit anyway, but if you're a believing, practicing Catholic, the Pope is the boss. He is the one who gets to decide who is and who isn't a heretic. It is unbelievably presumptuous for a layman to level that charge at anyone, let alone the Pope himself. They are all like little mini-Popes who think that they know better than the Church what's good for the Church. "RobertJS" is one of the worst. He likes to interrogate everyone on the site about how often they go to Mass, etc. -- like he's the Grand Inquisitor. He's now serving a one-day ban over there for precisely that sort of behavior.

Yeah, all of that.

It was my impression that catholics saw their pope as the mouthpiece of their deity on this earth.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
03-01-2014, 10:36 PM
(02-01-2014 06:01 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(01-01-2014 10:21 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  But catholic dogmas change. They can't be axiomatic.

Well, no -- that's actually one of my beefs with Catholicism. Once a dogma, always a dogma. They absolutely do not change, no matter how silly they may be. The idea that a dogma can change would cause any of those people over at SD to bust a blood vessel...

Hmmm....am I somehow misunderstanding the nuances of the concept of a dogma? If Pope Frankie says that the right wing nazis American bishops need to shut the fuck up with their obsessive campaigns about abortion and gays and focus on stopping the hemorrhaging of its membership, is he not changing church dogma? Was Vatican II not a change of dogma? Perhaps I am misusing the word and there is a better one to describe these reforms...?

03-01-2014, 10:41 PM
(02-01-2014 08:43 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 08:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  She was fun to argue with... but yeah, over on SD seems like the main boyo has her under his thumb alright. Kinda yuck.

Did you read the thread she had linked in her signature (on SD) explaining her name change. It really puts why she acts the way she does into perspective. She is apparently housebound for some reason and uses the internet and forums in particular as her means of socializing. It stands to reason if that is the case a threat to remove her from a community she see's as her main "home" would be an effective threat. Remember kiddies Fascism started as Right Wing Traditional Catholic Politics is it any wonder that threats and exclusion are how they rule themselves?

She needs to find Second Life....

04-01-2014, 12:51 AM
(03-01-2014 10:31 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(02-01-2014 05:48 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  My thoughts pretty much match yours. I think it's all bullshit anyway, but if you're a believing, practicing Catholic, the Pope is the boss. He is the one who gets to decide who is and who isn't a heretic. It is unbelievably presumptuous for a layman to level that charge at anyone, let alone the Pope himself. They are all like little mini-Popes who think that they know better than the Church what's good for the Church. "RobertJS" is one of the worst. He likes to interrogate everyone on the site about how often they go to Mass, etc. -- like he's the Grand Inquisitor. He's now serving a one-day ban over there for precisely that sort of behavior.

Yeah, all of that.

It was my impression that catholics saw their pope as the mouthpiece of their deity on this earth.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Some catholics do, others simply accept the papal authority but don't agree and think some are/were heretics.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-01-2014, 03:16 AM
(03-01-2014 08:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  To the Church's credit, it did eventually admit that Galileo may very well have been right. IN FUCKING 1983!
Though the original issue was a lot less black and white, and more about a paranoid pope rather than the actual science, there are actually a lot of people in those circles who think that admission was an error. Geocentrism is a really common opinion in traditionalist catholicism. Not as common as creationism, but still...

Quite a few geocentrists in this topic.

The writings of Robert Sungenis are quite influential.
04-01-2014, 03:18 AM
(04-01-2014 03:16 AM)Othmar Wrote:  
(03-01-2014 08:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  To the Church's credit, it did eventually admit that Galileo may very well have been right. IN FUCKING 1983!
Though the original issue was a lot less black and white, and more about a paranoid pope rather than the actual science, there are actually a lot of people in those circles who think that admission was an error. Geocentrism is a really common opinion in traditionalist catholicism. Not as common as creationism, but still...

If ever there was an argument for eugenics...

Dodgy

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
04-01-2014, 03:30 AM
(04-01-2014 03:18 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 03:16 AM)Othmar Wrote:  Though the original issue was a lot less black and white, and more about a paranoid pope rather than the actual science, there are actually a lot of people in those circles who think that admission was an error. Geocentrism is a really common opinion in traditionalist catholicism. Not as common as creationism, but still...

If ever there was an argument for eugenics...

Dodgy
In my case, defending Evolution and the Holocaust made me become a persona non grata amongst the membership there. It was established that "evolutionism" was my religion, and that I was indoctrinated by the evil Jews. Eventually I kept getting spammed by troll accounts, and was banned after losing my patience. Ah, such is life.

Though I must admit I haven't had much patience nor sympathy for creationism for a long time before joining that forum.