My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2014, 09:00 PM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
So the mods thought it over and decided that they are not going to restrict SD members from posting here. But I really don't want to now. As well as the initial reasons the mods gave me, people here have now accused me of lying and I cannot stand the way you talk about the SD staff.

When Suscipe Domine first started there were people who said that I should not be allowed to join it. Kaesekopf insisted that I had a right to post there as long as I followed the rules, just like anyone else. He took some flack for that position but he stood by me. And at that time we had had an unfriendly relationship on another forum so he was not doing me a personal favour. He did this because it was the right thing to do.

All the horrible things you have said about him are completely untrue. Kaesekopf is an honourable man whom I have come to like and respect over the past year. I like and respect all of the moderators on SD. None of them intimidate me. It is actually pretty difficult to intimidate me. I follow their rules because I respect them as people and I respect authority in general. (I have a lawful good alignment. I am a paladin, not like that Jayne with the hat.)

I just don't think I can hang out and be friendly with people who talk the way you do about people I like. I'll keep checking for PMs if anybody has any questions for me or needs my help, but this is not a place where I can be comfortable.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 09:04 PM
(04-01-2014 09:54 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  I got this.

"Sorry guest,you are banned from using this forum!
Take a hike ya atheist troll"

too bad i changed proxies,tho

This is mine!!

Suscipe Domine » The Church Door » General Information
An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
Vulgar and needless descriptions of sexual acts.
This ban is not set to expire.

Hehe. My vulgar statement was to say the word vagina

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
04-01-2014, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2014 09:11 PM by Cathym112.)
Booo hoo, Jayne.

We saw you tell everyone over there that you were glad to be away from us.

You talk outta both sides of your mouth!

We were nice to you, treated you with respect on our turf. Then you go back to you home court and try to rally everyone like you were vilified here? Please. We don't agree on religion. So what? We aren't the baby eaters you practically told everyone over there we were.

So piss off, will you?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 3 users Like Cathym112's post
04-01-2014, 09:09 PM
(04-01-2014 09:06 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Booo hoo, Jayne.

So piss off, will you?

Well, to be fair, she also told us that she is glad to be away from us (in the post directly above). She just stated it a bit more tactfully here.
04-01-2014, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2014 09:25 PM by Cathym112.)
(04-01-2014 09:09 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 09:06 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Booo hoo, Jayne.

So piss off, will you?

Well, to be fair, she also told us that she is glad to be away from us (in the post directly above). She just stated it a bit more tactfully here.

The order of events is important.

She comes over here
We chat - respectfully
She gets told to leave by SD
She goes back to SD and feigns relief that she's away from us
We see this and get mad (especially since we were kind and welcoming and she is only doing it to curry flavor). Now we call her a liar and disingenuous.
Then she posts here about how being called a liar is why she isn't comfortable here.

It's like poking a cat and then saying its a bad animal for hissing.

[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post
04-01-2014, 09:24 PM
(04-01-2014 09:00 PM)Jayne Wrote:  So the mods thought it over and decided that they are not going to restrict SD members from posting here.

You do realize how that diminishes and ultimately dismisses the rest of your point right?

(04-01-2014 09:00 PM)Jayne Wrote:  As well as the initial reasons the mods gave me, people here have now accused me of lying ...

Girly ain't got no problem with you. I like you. Big Grin

(04-01-2014 09:00 PM)Jayne Wrote:  Kaesekopf is an honourable man whom I have come to like and respect over the past year.

He's welcome to come here and prove it to Girly, right now Girly's got a Jim Jones read of him.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-01-2014, 09:27 PM
Girly needs to tell Cathy who Jim jones is?

04-01-2014, 09:30 PM
It could also be seen this way: You make some new friends. But your old friends and the new friends don't like each other, and at some point, you are forced to choose. It is natural to choose the old friends -- you have a deeper and longer-standing relationship with them. It is also natural to "make nice with them", even it means saying bad things about the short-lived new friends.

Meanwhile, people over here are saying really bad things about someone who we see as a tyrant, but who she sees as a friend. So she comes back to defend him.

I don't claim that all of this is perfectly admirable behavior, but it is perfectly understandable. I know I have done similar things, and I'm not going to condemn her for it. She has also been a friend of mine for several years, and stood up for me on other forums (not SD) when people were giving me a hard time. So I will stand up for her here. She's not perfect (who is?), but she is a good person. It took a lot of courage for her to come over here in the first place, and it took a lot of humility for her to stop posting here out of respect for her friend (whatever we may think of him). Those are good qualities. I wish I had more of them.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
04-01-2014, 09:35 PM
(04-01-2014 09:27 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Girly needs to tell Cathy who Jim jones is?

Just another asshole selling KoolAid.

[Image: jimjones.jpg]

[Image: jonestown.jpg]

I'm playing around with URLs around images, click the photos Cathy.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
04-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Music RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine

[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post