My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2014, 09:43 PM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(04-01-2014 09:30 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  It could also be seen this way: You make some new friends. But your old friends and the new friends don't like each other, and at some point, you are forced to choose. It is natural to choose the old friends -- you have a deeper and longer-standing relationship with them. It is also natural to "make nice with them", even it means saying bad things about the short-lived new friends.

Meanwhile, people over here are saying really bad things about someone who we see as a tyrant, but who she sees as a friend. So she comes back to defend him.

I don't claim that all of this is perfectly admirable behavior, but it is perfectly understandable. I know I have done similar things, and I'm not going to condemn her for it. She has also been a friend of mine for several years, and stood up for me on other forums (not SD) when people were giving me a hard time. So I will stand up for her here. She's not perfect (who is?), but she is a good person. It took a lot of courage for her to come over here in the first place, and it took a lot of humility for her to stop posting here out of respect for her friend (whatever we may think of him). Those are good qualities. I wish I had more of them.

I can't say I think much of what she did but then again I have some idea why she did it, so I cast no stones. If she wants to stick around and defend Der Fuhrer that's her business. My opinion of SD and Cheesehead has been pretty constant and has just been reinforced by everything I have seen.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2014, 09:46 PM
(04-01-2014 09:30 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  It could also be seen this way: You make some new friends. But your old friends and the new friends don't like each other, and at some point, you are forced to choose. It is natural to choose the old friends -- you have a deeper and longer-standing relationship with them. It is also natural to "make nice with them", even it means saying bad things about the short-lived new friends.

Meanwhile, people over here are saying really bad things about someone who we see as a tyrant, but who she sees as a friend. So she comes back to defend him.

I don't claim that all of this is perfectly admirable behavior, but it is perfectly understandable. I know I have done similar things, and I'm not going to condemn her for it. She has also been a friend of mine for several years, and stood up for me on other forums (not SD) when people were giving me a hard time. So I will stand up for her here. She's not perfect (who is?), but she is a good person. It took a lot of courage for her to come over here in the first place, and it took a lot of humility for her to stop posting here out of respect for her friend (whatever we may think of him). Those are good qualities. I wish I had more of them.

That might have been understandable....in middle school. We are fucking adults here.

Everyone has a pet peeve. Mine is a two faced manipulator.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 2 users Like Cathym112's post
04-01-2014, 09:48 PM
(04-01-2014 09:30 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Meanwhile, people over here are saying really bad things about someone who we see as a tyrant, but who she sees as a friend. So she comes back to defend him.

But only after she received permission. Still feels tyrannical to Girly. Drinking Beverage

(04-01-2014 09:30 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I don't claim that all of this is perfectly admirable behavior, but it is perfectly understandable. I know I have done similar things, and I'm not going to condemn her for it. She has also been a friend of mine for several years, and stood up for me on other forums (not SD) when people were giving me a hard time. So I will stand up for her here. She's not perfect (who is?), but she is a good person. It took a lot of courage for her to come over here in the first place, and it took a lot of humility for her to stop posting here out of respect for her friend (whatever we may think of him). Those are good qualities. I wish I had more of them.

Jayne is good people. Thumbsup

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-01-2014, 09:48 PM
(04-01-2014 09:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 09:27 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Girly needs to tell Cathy who Jim jones is?

Just another asshole selling KoolAid.

[Image: jimjones.jpg]

[Image: jonestown.jpg]

I'm playing around with URLs around images, click the photos Cathy.

Are those dead bodies?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
04-01-2014, 09:51 PM
(04-01-2014 09:48 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 09:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Just another asshole selling KoolAid.

[Image: jimjones.jpg]

[Image: jonestown.jpg]

I'm playing around with URLs around images, click the photos Cathy.

Are those dead bodies?

Yessirree bob. Jim Jones convinced/coerced/forced a whole bunch of people to drink poisoned Kool-Aid so they could "get raptured" with him. And they did it.
04-01-2014, 09:54 PM
(04-01-2014 09:51 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 09:48 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Are those dead bodies?

Yessirree bob. Jim Jones convinced/coerced/forced a whole bunch of people to drink poisoned Kool-Aid so they could "get raptured" with him. And they did it.

Did jones drink it and is dead also?

04-01-2014, 10:02 PM
(04-01-2014 09:00 PM)Jayne Wrote:  So the mods thought it over and decided that they are not going to restrict SD members from posting here. But I really don't want to now. As well as the initial reasons the mods gave me, people here have now accused me of lying and I cannot stand the way you talk about the SD staff.

When Suscipe Domine first started there were people who said that I should not be allowed to join it. Kaesekopf insisted that I had a right to post there as long as I followed the rules, just like anyone else. He took some flack for that position but he stood by me. And at that time we had had an unfriendly relationship on another forum so he was not doing me a personal favour. He did this because it was the right thing to do.

All the horrible things you have said about him are completely untrue. Kaesekopf is an honourable man whom I have come to like and respect over the past year. I like and respect all of the moderators on SD. None of them intimidate me. It is actually pretty difficult to intimidate me. I follow their rules because I respect them as people and I respect authority in general. (I have a lawful good alignment. I am a paladin, not like that Jayne with the hat.)

I just don't think I can hang out and be friendly with people who talk the way you do about people I like. I'll keep checking for PMs if anybody has any questions for me or needs my help, but this is not a place where I can be comfortable.

Here's my take, for what it's worth.
Seems from this that Jayne was having a problem being accepted at SD, somewhere she wanted to be. Kaesekopf stood up for her and allowed her to join. In order to stay there she follows the rules. For whatever reason she needs to be a part of SD and is therefore willing to follow Kaesekopf's rules no matter what they are. I feel a little sorry for her. She is apparently not willing to risk being cast out of that group. Cult-ish feel to that...yeah.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
04-01-2014, 10:02 PM
(04-01-2014 09:00 PM)Jayne Wrote:  So the mods thought it over and decided that they are not going to restrict SD members from posting here. But I really don't want to now. As well as the initial reasons the mods gave me, people here have now accused me of lying and I cannot stand the way you talk about the SD staff.

Well, credit to you for posting this. I like you. I don't like the rest of 'em. For the reason that they seem to hold an unreasonable level of control over you *and* to use it. That is not friendship. You will have seen that not everyone bought the idea that you were lying, or at least there was some guessing as to your reasons for acting the way you did. I will not apologize for insulting Kaesekopf et al. because IMO they damn well deserve it, and any apology would be a lie. The only regret I have is that doing so seems to have contributed to driving you away too.

Go well. Regards - Dog.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
04-01-2014, 10:16 PM
(04-01-2014 09:54 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 09:51 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Yessirree bob. Jim Jones convinced/coerced/forced a whole bunch of people to drink poisoned Kool-Aid so they could "get raptured" with him. And they did it.

Did jones drink it and is dead also?

Yes he did. You can probably get the whole story from Girly's links (by clicking on his photos), but if I remember right, the authorities were closing in on him, so he decided to take the coward's way out, and convinced his "flock" to join him. Those who weren't convinced were forced.
04-01-2014, 10:43 PM
(04-01-2014 10:16 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 09:54 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Did jones drink it and is dead also?

Yes he did. You can probably get the whole story from Girly's links (by clicking on his photos), but if I remember right, the authorities were closing in on him, so he decided to take the coward's way out, and convinced his "flock" to join him. Those who weren't convinced were forced.

For some of us, its one of those current events that you don't forget……kinda like the Branch Davidians Raid in Waco, TX, or those ones that killed themselves with the capes over their faces when the Hale-Bopp ? comet came around. Cults are creepy.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post