My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2014, 08:53 AM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(05-01-2014 06:28 AM)War Horse Wrote:  They also use German officer classifications under their names.

Really a creepy site to go on. How people like this function in the real world is beyond me. Unsure

A little background here: Kaesekopf (the forum owner) is from Wisconsin, and is a Green Bay Packers fan. That should explain the cheesehead thing. He is also fluent in German, and has spent significant time in Germany.

The German officer classifications are taken directly from the Swiss Guards, who are employed by the Vatican. So that's more of a Swiss/Vatican thing than a German thing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2014, 09:03 AM
(05-01-2014 06:32 AM)Dom Wrote:  I generally like Jayne. I don't like that she seemed friendly and happy enough to be here, but then went back and said not so nice things about us. I do understand why she did, but it still isn't right.

I really did not intend to post any more, but I keep seeing all these posts about the not nice things I said on SD about TTA and I want to know what you all are talking about. The only negative thing that I remember posting was my first post in this thread in which I said that, by SD standards (which one might reasonably infer are my own) people on TTA are rude and horrible.
05-01-2014, 09:05 AM
(05-01-2014 09:03 AM)Jayne Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 06:32 AM)Dom Wrote:  I generally like Jayne. I don't like that she seemed friendly and happy enough to be here, but then went back and said not so nice things about us. I do understand why she did, but it still isn't right.

I really did not intend to post any more, but I keep seeing all these posts about the not nice things I said on SD about TTA and I want to know what you all are talking about. The only negative thing that I remember posting was my first post in this thread in which I said that, by SD standards (which one might reasonably infer are my own) people on TTA are rude and horrible.

You judge us all to be rude and horrible based on comments made by some?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
05-01-2014, 09:13 AM
I can only find one post by Jayne on SD that postdates her time here, and that mentions us. Here is what it says:

Quote:I've said my good-byes at TTA.

I can now see that there are good reasons that I should not post there. I should not have gone there in the first place. I just got so angry at seeing SD being dissed that it clouded my judgment.

I don't really see anything terribly offensive there. Where are all the bad things that she is supposedly saying about us?
05-01-2014, 09:18 AM
(05-01-2014 08:42 AM)TheBear Wrote:  
(04-01-2014 09:00 PM)Jayne Wrote:  So the mods thought it over and decided that they are not going to restrict SD members from posting here. ......

Gee. How magnanimous and gracious of them! Thumbsup

I mean, who would of thought they had any say in the matter in the first place??? Shocking That's where most of us here are shaking our heads in shock and disbelief.

In before Vosur:

*would have thought

Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
05-01-2014, 09:22 AM
You're right. I'm not fully awake yet. Please forgive me. Big Grin

Who would have thought they had any say in the matter in the first place??? Shocking
05-01-2014, 09:35 AM
(05-01-2014 09:13 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I can only find one post by Jayne on SD that postdates her time here, and that mentions us. Here is what it says:

Quote:I've said my good-byes at TTA.

I can now see that there are good reasons that I should not post there. I should not have gone there in the first place. I just got so angry at seeing SD being dissed that it clouded my judgment.

I don't really see anything terribly offensive there. Where are all the bad things that she is supposedly saying about us?

She seemed neither angry nor defending anything... she just chatted like everyone else.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
05-01-2014, 09:46 AM
(05-01-2014 09:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 09:13 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I can only find one post by Jayne on SD that postdates her time here, and that mentions us. Here is what it says:

She seemed neither angry nor defending anything... she just chatted like everyone else.

A lot of people here were (and still are) characterizing that entire forum by people like Voxxpopulissuxx. She was bothered by that, and came here to show us that not everyone over there is like that. They actually have a variety of personalities over there. They are all (or mostly all) traditional Catholics, if you want to call that a fault, so their beliefs are necessarily restricted. But other than that, they have some reasonable people and some assholes and a bunch of people between those extremes -- just like we do.

I don't post over there because they don't allow free speech -- which is a major fault. But the amount of personal nastiness is about the same on both forums. They have said a lot of nasty things about TTA (although Jayne herself has not), but we have said a lot of nasty things about SD too. Can't blame the more reasonable people over there for being upset about it. It's probably best not to talk about other forums at all.
05-01-2014, 09:54 AM

Naughty naughty.
(Your) Dear Leader tole you you may not come here.
You are not the problem. Homophobic (gays in denial) like voxxpopuli who were/are allowed to post the CRUDEST and most uncharitable things EVER, are the problem. Your mods are capriciously inconsistent.
If Pope Francis posted on SD the things he has said since election, HE would be banned.
You people make a laughing stock of your faith.
Fortunately for most of us, who have many Catholic friends, (including some wonderful nuns), you people in NO WAY represent Catholicism. You are it's lunatic fringe.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
05-01-2014, 10:03 AM

And we are also kind, caring, intelligent, reasonable, rational people.

You can generalize if you wish, but it doesn't help your credibility.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post