My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2014, 10:15 AM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(04-01-2014 09:00 PM)Jayne Wrote:  So the mods thought it over and decided that they are not going to restrict SD members from posting here. But I really don't want to now. As well as the initial reasons the mods gave me, people here have now accused me of lying and I cannot stand the way you talk about the SD staff.

When Suscipe Domine first started there were people who said that I should not be allowed to join it. Kaesekopf insisted that I had a right to post there as long as I followed the rules, just like anyone else. He took some flack for that position but he stood by me. And at that time we had had an unfriendly relationship on another forum so he was not doing me a personal favour. He did this because it was the right thing to do.

All the horrible things you have said about him are completely untrue. Kaesekopf is an honourable man whom I have come to like and respect over the past year. I like and respect all of the moderators on SD. None of them intimidate me. It is actually pretty difficult to intimidate me. I follow their rules because I respect them as people and I respect authority in general. (I have a lawful good alignment. I am a paladin, not like that Jayne with the hat.)

I just don't think I can hang out and be friendly with people who talk the way you do about people I like. I'll keep checking for PMs if anybody has any questions for me or needs my help, but this is not a place where I can be comfortable.

Uh huh. Ok.

That forked tongue of yours is getting so confused you don't know what you said and to whom you said it.

We all saw your post. I quoted it in this topic.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
06-01-2014, 10:21 AM
Damn Catholics just can't be trusted. Dodgy

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
06-01-2014, 10:30 AM
(05-01-2014 02:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-01-2014 09:54 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  If Pope Francis posted on SD the things he has said since election, HE would be banned.

No, that's not right Fullerene. Francis would never even be allowed in there. Tongue Apparently there is some question about the legitimacy of Benedict's resignation. If it was made out of fear it is illegitimate.

At least one thing Girly and some of them over there have in common is that Francis scares the shit outta both of us. Obviously for diametrically opposite reasons. And like Girly they have at least considered the possibility that Francis is the Antichrist. Big Grin

And there's a dude named Greg over there who is just fucking funny as shit. It's worth going there just to read his posts.

Quote:Re: 'Duck Dynasty' Dad Suspended Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Looks like they spelled the name of the show wrong.

Quote: Re: 'Duck Dynasty' Dad Suspended Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 19, 2013, 06:40:04 PM
GQ is however, a symptom of modern young males. Vulgar, turned-inward, and flashy (superficial!).

What is GQ short for anyway?

Giant Queens? Gay Quotient? Gelded Quitters?

Quote: Re: Dr Bombay I was wrong
James: True. The Apocalypse also says one third of mankind will die. If that happens soon, you are looking at over 2 Billion dead.

Greg: On the bright side women won't need to queue for the toilet anymore if over 1 billion women are dead.

Is that a recent thing? As a kid I cannot remember my sisters or mother ever queuing outside a public toilet. Today it is commonplace when we go to the museums in London or any kind of event that my daughter and wife have to queue.

Are there less toilets now or do women take longer in there than they used to?

Quote:Re: Baker Faces Prison for Refusing to Bake Gay "Wedding" Cake

What did they order ?

Fruit Cake or Fairy Cakes?

Big Grin

I get it. Their homophobia is epic. I wonder what the average age is over there ?
85 ? I have a suspicion that "word" was sent out to the troops back a few months, that I was the anti-Christ, (or the devil incarnate).
BTW, my friends and I tell a LOT better gay jokes than those. Weeping
Meh.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
06-01-2014, 10:47 AM
So, just so we're clear, they (over at SD) can treat people rudely and it's ok because they feel justified in doing so. We treat people according to their actions and we're the awful ones?

This is why I left the Catholic church to begin with, I couldn't take the hypocrisy of its followers.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 9 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-01-2014, 10:51 AM
(06-01-2014 10:47 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, just so we're clear, they (over at SD) can treat people rudely and it's ok because they feel justified in doing so. We treat people according to their actions and we're the awful ones?

This is why I left the Catholic church to begin with, I couldn't take the hypocrisy of its followers.

Yes mom, those kids are bad, and I don't want to play with them any more . Don't take me to the park when they are there. Sadcryface

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 4 users Like Slowminded's post
06-01-2014, 11:29 AM
(06-01-2014 10:15 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Uh huh. Ok.

That forked tongue of yours is getting so confused you don't know what you said and to whom you said it.

I looked back and found it and it was the one Grasshopper exhibited too... think maybe we're all getting a little bit over-excited... she was nice over there to you, and nice over here, and on the basis of the one post which... could have been misconstrued... we're all doing the 'you are so evil' routine ? Feckin' hell... Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-01-2014, 01:41 PM
(06-01-2014 10:15 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  That forked tongue of yours is getting so confused you don't know what you said and to whom you said it.

You were supposed to see that post. It was a message to TTA. Not only did I not mean anything bad about TTA when I wrote it, I still can't understand why you think it meant something bad. Could somebody please explain how you get such a terrible insult out of that post that you are now forming a lynch mob?
06-01-2014, 01:53 PM
(06-01-2014 01:41 PM)Jayne Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 10:15 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  That forked tongue of yours is getting so confused you don't know what you said and to whom you said it.

You were supposed to see that post. It was a message to TTA. Not only did I not mean anything bad about TTA when I wrote it, I still can't understand why you think it meant something bad. Could somebody please explain how you get such a terrible insult out of that post that you are now forming a lynch mob?

What it comes down to, I think, is that we're all a bit... sensitive... about any implication that we're basically evil. It's something that a lot of us struggled with when we decided to leave religion behind, either from our own doubts and fears or from our parents and friends throwing such accusations in our faces. You said 'I should never have gone over there'... to a lot of us that sounded like 'they're a cesspit of immorality over there, they're not nice people like I told them, they're just savages waiting to waylay the unsuspecting Christian and corrupt them'...

Like I said, probably more of an over-reaction, but because you *were* so nice over here and because we get theo-trolled a lot... half of us heard the 'you are evil scum' part of the message and the other half heard 'oh great dictator Kaesekopf, please don't ban my ass, I'm truly sorry for my terrible sin'... which pushed *our* rage buttons.

Um... yeah... Undecided

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
06-01-2014, 01:58 PM
(06-01-2014 01:41 PM)Jayne Wrote:  

I think people are a bit put off to be restricted and see others restricted in what they can say and where they can say it.

This is by and large a group of people that are used to questioning things and to disagreeing about things and no one tells us what we can or cannot say.

Yes, we speak a little more harshly (read - honestly) here because there is no one standing over us making sure that we don't stray from strict script. Some of us are interested in other religions and would like to learn and some have done all the searching they are interested in doing and don't want anyone coming here to try to convert them (that does not mean you).

As I understand it, SD is a forum that is privately owned and therefore I guess to play you have follow the rules of the owner.

Though TTA was started by Seth, it's here for the members and he is pretty hands-off in his approach.

We are about open dialogue...it appears that is a scary concept over at SD...one person dictates who can say what and where - it has a very cult-like feel to it.

You are welcome to stay or go but don't expect us to follow the rules that you follow at SD...that's not the way it is here.

How can you want to follow a faith practice that is too weak to withstand questioning. Or better yet, are the followers at SD so weak in their convictions that they have to herded by the head guy? Either way, that's not what you will find here. KC, Rora, Seth, the forum team...no one here tells anyone how to speak or where they can speak.

You seem to have some curiosity and I don't think it is just about seeing if we are talking behind your back. Consider

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
06-01-2014, 03:37 PM
(06-01-2014 01:53 PM)morondog Wrote:  What it comes down to, I think, is that we're all a bit... sensitive... about any implication that we're basically evil. It's something that a lot of us struggled with when we decided to leave religion behind, either from our own doubts and fears or from our parents and friends throwing such accusations in our faces. You said 'I should never have gone over there'... to a lot of us that sounded like 'they're a cesspit of immorality over there, they're not nice people like I told them, they're just savages waiting to waylay the unsuspecting Christian and corrupt them'...

Like I said, probably more of an over-reaction, but because you *were* so nice over here and because we get theo-trolled a lot... half of us heard the 'you are evil scum' part of the message and the other half heard 'oh great dictator Kaesekopf, please don't ban my ass, I'm truly sorry for my terrible sin'... which pushed *our* rage buttons.

Um... yeah... Undecided

Here is what I was thinking when I wrote this post:
Quote:I've said my good-byes at TTA.

I can now see that there are good reasons that I should not post there. I should not have gone there in the first place. I just got so angry at seeing SD being dissed that it clouded my judgment.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:00:14 PM by Jayne »

When I saw the ruling that SD members should not post on TTA, I came over to TTA, wrote a couple of goodbye posts, and then returned to SD and wrote the first sentence.

Then I lurked on this thread and saw posts about how I was being controlled and forced to leave against my will. So I went back to my post to add the rest, so you all could see that I had been convinced by the arguments given to me and was not being forced. These reasons had nothing to do with atheists being evil. It was because, when members of SD post here, we end up unofficially representing that forum. The SD staff was concerned that its members could give a wrong impression of their forum. They were also concerned that this would encourage TTA members to come to SD. I regretted that I had not given more thought to my decision to join here and not recognized these issues sooner.

My compliance had nothing to do with me feeling intimidated by a threat of banning. Now that the ruling has been changed and I can post here without it affecting my status at SD, I still intend to leave. I just want to get this misunderstanding straightened out first.

I did not say anything bad about this forum and did not intend to imply it either. I suppose I can see how over-sensitive people might imagine such an implication, but that does not explain continuing to insist that I meant something I did not mean after I clarified. There are people here accusing me of lying, rather than accept that they misunderstood me. That is going beyond over-sensitive.