My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2014, 06:30 PM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(06-01-2014 04:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 03:37 PM)Jayne Wrote:  Here is what I was thinking when I wrote this post:
When I saw the ruling that SD members should not post on TTA, I came over to TTA, wrote a couple of goodbye posts, and then returned to SD and wrote the first sentence.

Then I lurked on this thread and saw posts about how I was being controlled and forced to leave against my will. So I went back to my post to add the rest, so you all could see that I had been convinced by the arguments given to me and was not being forced. These reasons had nothing to do with atheists being evil. It was because, when members of SD post here, we end up unofficially representing that forum. The SD staff was concerned that its members could give a wrong impression of their forum. They were also concerned that this would encourage TTA members to come to SD. I regretted that I had not given more thought to my decision to join here and not recognized these issues sooner.

My compliance had nothing to do with me feeling intimidated by a threat of banning. Now that the ruling has been changed and I can post here without it affecting my status at SD, I still intend to leave. I just want to get this misunderstanding straightened out first.

I did not say anything bad about this forum and did not intend to imply it either. I suppose I can see how over-sensitive people might imagine such an implication, but that does not explain continuing to insist that I meant something I did not mean after I clarified. There are people here accusing me of lying, rather than accept that they misunderstood me. That is going beyond over-sensitive.

I'm sorry, but you said in your 'edited' post on SD, that you only came here because you felt sd was being dissed. You were not upfront about that from the start. Ironically it's nearly the same thing KC was wrongfully accused of on your forum.

I don't care what your reasons are or why you came here. I initially thought you were nice. Then I began lurking a bit on your forum. I saw there enough to make me physically ill. Not only does your lot bully atheists and other Christians, but you bully each other until someone just cries "uncle". I've seen enough examples of antisemitism and downright racisism toward other religions/cultures that is appalling. Its fine that you see them in "error" but in the 'blessed salt' thread alone..wow...just wow. You might be one of the better ones over there but that also has me scratching my head. But then again you did write, "I can now see that there are good reasons that I should not post there."

I know we are all judged by the company we keep, but if I learned a family member was sprinkling salt and holy water to stave off demons I might bring into their home...I'd be insulted and wouldn't bother staying -- really the people on your forum are obviously the spitting image of what Christ preached (sarcasm intended). I read more than once by many there, yourself included about not inviting satan/demons/or whatever temptation by associating with people outside your religion -- or who hold your exact set of beliefs, which could include other Catholics who don't sprinkle salt or holy water and believe in finding that miscarried baby or maybe just the largest blood clot, to baptize it. There's something inherently twisted up about that. Miscarriage is traumatizing enough for a desperately wanted child but to go to those lengths. Again, wow.

Now ironically, my husband recently has been toying with the idea of returning to our Catholic roots. We even went to Mass this Sunday. I directed him to your little forum. I guess I should thank you because you and those there did more for me and atheism because he's again closed the door. And he (like myself) was raised that way -- it was just a little reminder of why we left.

You might not have said anything bad about us there, but you certainly agreed readily enough that you shouldn't have come here. It's the double speak I find so repugnant.

As someone who has not only had a stillborn at 8 months, but a early miscarriage, I find that I take back every benefit of a doubt I gave Jayne.

Unless she completely renounced such practices. (I mean, really? Fucking REALLY?!?!?) I hope she stays away as she is sick in the fucking head for not only associating but CRAVING their approval.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption."
Guy de Maupassant

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2014, 06:42 PM
I would like to leave here at peace with people. There is enough bad feeling between our forums and I do not want to add to it.
06-01-2014, 06:44 PM
(06-01-2014 06:30 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 04:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm sorry, but you said in your 'edited' post on SD, that you only came here because you felt sd was being dissed. You were not upfront about that from the start. Ironically it's nearly the same thing KC was wrongfully accused of on your forum.

I don't care what your reasons are or why you came here. I initially thought you were nice. Then I began lurking a bit on your forum. I saw there enough to make me physically ill. Not only does your lot bully atheists and other Christians, but you bully each other until someone just cries "uncle". I've seen enough examples of antisemitism and downright racisism toward other religions/cultures that is appalling. Its fine that you see them in "error" but in the 'blessed salt' thread alone..wow...just wow. You might be one of the better ones over there but that also has me scratching my head. But then again you did write, "I can now see that there are good reasons that I should not post there."

I know we are all judged by the company we keep, but if I learned a family member was sprinkling salt and holy water to stave off demons I might bring into their home...I'd be insulted and wouldn't bother staying -- really the people on your forum are obviously the spitting image of what Christ preached (sarcasm intended). I read more than once by many there, yourself included about not inviting satan/demons/or whatever temptation by associating with people outside your religion -- or who hold your exact set of beliefs, which could include other Catholics who don't sprinkle salt or holy water and believe in finding that miscarried baby or maybe just the largest blood clot, to baptize it. There's something inherently twisted up about that. Miscarriage is traumatizing enough for a desperately wanted child but to go to those lengths. Again, wow.

Now ironically, my husband recently has been toying with the idea of returning to our Catholic roots. We even went to Mass this Sunday. I directed him to your little forum. I guess I should thank you because you and those there did more for me and atheism because he's again closed the door. And he (like myself) was raised that way -- it was just a little reminder of why we left.

You might not have said anything bad about us there, but you certainly agreed readily enough that you shouldn't have come here. It's the double speak I find so repugnant.

As someone who has not only had a stillborn at 8 months, but a early miscarriage, I find that I take back every benefit of a doubt I gave Jayne.

Unless she completely renounced such practices. (I mean, really? Fucking REALLY?!?!?) I hope she stays away as she is sick in the fucking head for not only associating but CRAVING their approval.

"A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption."
Guy de Maupassant

Yes, and it's not like I pulled it out of context either. It's a stickied thread!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

06-01-2014, 06:55 PM
(06-01-2014 04:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm sorry, but you said in your 'edited' post on SD, that you only came here because you felt sd was being dissed. You were not upfront about that from the start. Ironically it's nearly the same thing KC was wrongfully accused of on your forum.

My first post in this thread was about SD being dissed on TTA. I did not explicitly state that it was my reason for being here, but I think that one could infer that I came here in order to post what I was posting.

(06-01-2014 04:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  You might not have said anything bad about us there, but you certainly agreed readily enough that you shouldn't have come here. It's the double speak I find so repugnant.

It should be obvious to just about everyone by now that I do not belong on this forum. There is no reason to take this as a negative comment on TTA.
06-01-2014, 06:57 PM
(06-01-2014 06:42 PM)Jayne Wrote:  I would like to leave here at peace with people.

Why?

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
06-01-2014, 06:59 PM
(06-01-2014 06:30 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  As someone who has not only had a stillborn at 8 months, but a early miscarriage, I find that I take back every benefit of a doubt I gave Jayne.

I am sorry for your losses. I renounce nothing. I am a Catholic and I believe what the Catholic Church teaches.
06-01-2014, 07:04 PM
(06-01-2014 06:57 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 06:42 PM)Jayne Wrote:  I would like to leave here at peace with people.

Why?
Because the Bible tells me so.

Rom 12:18
"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."
06-01-2014, 07:06 PM
(06-01-2014 07:04 PM)Jayne Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 06:57 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Why?

So, if you weren't told to behave in a certain way, you wouldn't?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
06-01-2014, 07:18 PM
(06-01-2014 04:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I know we are all judged by the company we keep, but if I learned a family member was sprinkling salt and holy water to stave off demons I might bring into their home...I'd be insulted and wouldn't bother staying -- really the people on your forum are obviously the spitting image of what Christ preached (sarcasm intended). I read more than once by many there, yourself included about not inviting satan/demons/or whatever temptation by associating with people outside your religion -- or who hold your exact set of beliefs, which could include other Catholics who don't sprinkle salt or holy water and believe in finding that miscarried baby or maybe just the largest blood clot, to baptize it. There's something inherently twisted up about that. Miscarriage is traumatizing enough for a desperately wanted child but to go to those lengths. Again, wow.

Got a linkie to that thread?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
06-01-2014, 07:18 PM
(06-01-2014 07:04 PM)Jayne Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 06:57 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Why?

I find your response quite saddening.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's