My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2014, 07:32 PM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(06-01-2014 06:55 PM)Jayne Wrote:  It should be obvious to just about everyone by now that I do not belong on this forum. There is no reason to take this as a negative comment on TTA.

This forum isn't for everyone, we all know that. You keep saying you don't belong here, yet you keep returning.

(06-01-2014 07:04 PM)Jayne Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 06:57 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Why?
Because the Bible tells me so.

Rom 12:18
"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."

Please, don't pretend to care what the bible teaches when on your own forum you go after other "true believers" of your particular brand of belief. I say *your particular brand* because not all Catholics agree.

So many of your sacred beliefs were started by men..not even men of god, yet you blindly follow because? You outrightly dismiss revisions in your own chruch doctrine (Vatican 2) because they don't fit what you profess to be the "truth".

I've seen far too much racism endorsed by your admin you so adore snd the moderation team there...yet you come here because you don't want ill feelings because the bible tells you so?

Shoo fly!
(first one of 2014)

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-01-2014, 07:33 PM
(06-01-2014 07:18 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 04:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I know we are all judged by the company we keep, but if I learned a family member was sprinkling salt and holy water to stave off demons I might bring into their home...I'd be insulted and wouldn't bother staying -- really the people on your forum are obviously the spitting image of what Christ preached (sarcasm intended). I read more than once by many there, yourself included about not inviting satan/demons/or whatever temptation by associating with people outside your religion -- or who hold your exact set of beliefs, which could include other Catholics who don't sprinkle salt or holy water and believe in finding that miscarried baby or maybe just the largest blood clot, to baptize it. There's something inherently twisted up about that. Miscarriage is traumatizing enough for a desperately wanted child but to go to those lengths. Again, wow.

Got a linkie to that thread?

http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index...pic=2181.0

06-01-2014, 07:34 PM
The Catholics I know are nothing like the ones on that forum. I can't even begin to describe the [fill in blank] on that forum.

Is this the salt thread being referred to?

http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index...pic=4894.0

Such intolerant, ignorant bigots.
06-01-2014, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2014 05:37 PM by GirlyMan.)
(06-01-2014 06:42 PM)Jayne Wrote:  I would like to leave here at peace with people. There is enough bad feeling between our forums and I do not want to add to it.

Girly got no problem with you or your beliefs. Hell Girly accepted myself as my own personal Jesus, my own personal Lord and Savior, going on some four decades ago now when I first realized that any promise of a postmortem preservation of identity was utter and complete untenable unimaginable bullshit. Who else is gonna save me? The Word is save yourself and you save the world. I still regularly read the Red Letters for inspiration. But that's all I read. I couldn't give less of a shit about commentary from the peanut gallery.

I tease KingsChosen about being a nihilist dressed up in a Calvinist clown suit. When I read threads over on your forum I see clowns dressed up as Catholics.

As far as ill will. Girly ain't got none, Girly won't feel none. Ain't the Christian thing to do. Tongue

Oh ... And Gwynnies!
[Image: gwynnies.jpg]

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-01-2014, 07:40 PM
(06-01-2014 07:34 PM)slydog Wrote:  The Catholics I know are nothing like the ones on that forum. I can't even begin to describe the [fill in blank] on that forum.

Is this the salt thread being referred to?

http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index...pic=4894.0

Such intolerant, ignorant bigots.

Yes

Yes and again wow.

06-01-2014, 07:56 PM
(06-01-2014 06:55 PM)Jayne Wrote:  It should be obvious to just about everyone by now that I do not belong on this forum.

Not obvious to me. But your call. As it is and should be.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
06-01-2014, 07:59 PM
GM...dontcha think it's time to change your avatar??

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-01-2014, 08:01 PM
There was Gwynnies! And it wasn't me! Banana_zorro

Oh, where were we... Blush

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
06-01-2014, 08:09 PM
(06-01-2014 07:35 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 06:42 PM)Jayne Wrote:  I would like to leave here at peace with people. There is enough bad feeling between our forums and I do not want to add to it.

Girly got no problem with you or your beliefs. Hell Girly accepted myself as my own personal Jesus, my own personal Lord and Savior, going on some four decades ago now when I first realized that any promise of a postmortem preservation of identity was utter and complete untenable unimaginable bullshit. Who else is gonna save me? The Word is save yourself and you save the world. I still regularly read the Red Letters for inspiration. But that's all I read. I couldn't give less of a shit about commentary from the peanut gallery.

I tease KingsChosen about being a nihilist dressed up in a Calvinist clown suit. When I read threads over on your forum I see clowns dressed up as Catholics.

As far as ill will. Girly ain't got none, Girly won't feel none. Ain't Christian. Tongue

Oh ... And Gwynnies!
[Image: gwynnies.jpg]

Interestingly, I see fascists and their sheep wearing crosses. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-01-2014, 08:21 PM

Fine. We're at peace. Now get the hell outta here!

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson