My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2014, 07:37 AM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(07-01-2014 07:33 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Wikipedia suggests[1] that fetuses won't be externally sexually differentiated until about 7 weeks gestation.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_differentiation

Technically, all fetuses start out as female.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2014, 07:49 AM
(06-01-2014 11:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(06-01-2014 07:04 PM)Jayne Wrote:  Because the Bible tells me so.

Rom 12:18
"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone."

Why is it never just enough to be a decent human being for the fucking sake of being a decent human being? Weeping
Because you can't be self-righteous about that good without God?
[+] 5 users Like Othmar's post
07-01-2014, 10:24 AM
(07-01-2014 07:37 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 07:33 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Wikipedia suggests[1] that fetuses won't be externally sexually differentiated until about 7 weeks gestation.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_differentiation

Technically, all fetuses start out as female.

Technically, fetuses that are not successfully triggered to become male develop to be female[2]. I don't know that you can really call a pre-7-week fetus either male or female from external examination alone, but wikipedia [1(above)] says that a internal examination can determine the difference somewhere between the 6 and 8 week mark.

Sorry - a bit pedantic and off topic. I'll shut up now.

[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complete_an...y_syndrome

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
07-01-2014, 11:14 AM
(07-01-2014 10:24 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 07:37 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  Technically, all fetuses start out as female.

Technically, fetuses that are not successfully triggered to become male develop to be female[2]. I don't know that you can really call a pre-7-week fetus either male or female from external examination alone, but wikipedia [1(above)] says that a internal examination can determine the difference somewhere between the 6 and 8 week mark.

Sorry - a bit pedantic and off topic. I'll shut up now.

[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complete_an...y_syndrome

I agree. Regardless. I find the practices on SD to baptize a miscarriage, or to insinuate somehow that someone can "deliver" a 5-6 old zygote that can be "held" and baptized is disgusting and deplorable.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
07-01-2014, 11:40 AM
I don't hold anyone responsible for what someone says. That's not my disgust with Janye. Where my disgust lies is with her tacit approval of such things by her continued association with the group in which said them. By not using every word that flows through her fingers against something that the SD advocates, she is thereby giving her endorsement thereof. Direct or indirect endorsement is immaterial and completely irrevant.

I love you guys, but if anyone of you were to seriously and genuinely advocate or endorse rape, or child abuse or anything of that nature, not only would I be outspoken against it, but if it were to be prevalent, I would disassociate myself from the group.

Although this is an extreme comparison,
That makes Jayne no different from the imams who do not directly renounce and disapprove of the death order put on the Danish cartoonist.

07-01-2014, 11:45 AM
(06-01-2014 06:59 PM)Jayne Wrote:  I am sorry for your losses. I renounce nothing. I am a Catholic and I believe what the Catholic Church teaches.

So until Jayne renounces some of the beliefs and practices of the people of SD, I will continue to find her to be a deplorable human being.

07-01-2014, 01:50 PM
I've never heard of that website until this thread. Since then, I've been perusing their forums frequently. I've never seen such a gathering of batshit crazy ideas and beliefs. Also, bigotry, hyper-sensitivity, authoritarianism, divisiveness and genuine disdain for those who don't believe, seems to plague most of the members there.

It makes for a good psychology study. The eye-opening part is - these people live among us. Shocking
[+] 3 users Like TheBear's post
07-01-2014, 02:02 PM
(07-01-2014 01:50 PM)TheBear Wrote:  I've never heard of that website until this thread. Since then, I've been perusing their forums frequently. I've never seen such a gathering of batshit crazy ideas and beliefs. Also, bigotry, hyper-sensitivity, authoritarianism, divisiveness and genuine disdain for those who don't believe, seems to plague most of the members there.

It makes for a good psychology study. The eye-opening part is - these people live among us. Shocking

I say again -- if you think they're bad, check out the cathinfo forum. Cathinfo makes SD look like just normal folks. People who thought Fisheaters was too liberal went to SD; people who think SD is too liberal go to cathinfo.
07-01-2014, 02:13 PM
(07-01-2014 02:02 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I say again -- if you think they're bad, check out the cathinfo forum. Cathinfo makes SD look like just normal folks. People who thought Fisheaters was too liberal went to SD; people who think SD is too liberal go to cathinfo.

Where the Lowells talk only to Cabots,
And the Cabots talk only to God.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Quote:THIS! We have to remember that there are a lot of very intense hormonal changes immediately after giving birth, and it is not an appropriate time to make such a huge decision. Most women suffer some level of post-partum depression, how can they decide to give up their babies in that state?

I honestly don't care about "fairness" to adoptive parents. They should stop acting like they have the right to someone else's child just because they think she is "unfit".

Or is it more for the fit, less for the unfit, OCLF?

Quote:Obviously the foster care process needs to be changed. I think everyone can agree on that.

I disagree with your belief that material wealth is important in determining whether one would be a good mother. There are plenty of married couples with "no money, and no prospects"-- should they give up their babies to "better" families too?

I understand that you are upset because you feel like these women don't deserve children, and you do deserve a child (because you have been oh so good), but in the words of Clint Eastwood-- deserves got nothin' to do with it.

Because of these remarks, the member was banned for one day.