My short time on Suscipe Domine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-01-2014, 05:34 PM
RE: My short time on Suscipe Domine
(07-01-2014 02:49 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
Quote:THIS! We have to remember that there are a lot of very intense hormonal changes immediately after giving birth, and it is not an appropriate time to make such a huge decision. Most women suffer some level of post-partum depression, how can they decide to give up their babies in that state?

I honestly don't care about "fairness" to adoptive parents. They should stop acting like they have the right to someone else's child just because they think she is "unfit".

Or is it more for the fit, less for the unfit, OCLF?

Quote:Obviously the foster care process needs to be changed. I think everyone can agree on that.

I disagree with your belief that material wealth is important in determining whether one would be a good mother. There are plenty of married couples with "no money, and no prospects"-- should they give up their babies to "better" families too?

I understand that you are upset because you feel like these women don't deserve children, and you do deserve a child (because you have been oh so good), but in the words of Clint Eastwood-- deserves got nothin' to do with it.

Because of these remarks, the member was banned for one day.

Which one? Tongue

(07-01-2014 07:37 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 07:33 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  Wikipedia suggests[1] that fetuses won't be externally sexually differentiated until about 7 weeks gestation.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_differentiation

Technically, all fetuses start out as female.

And, for many men, we end up as one too. Weeping ... where's my fucking Androgel.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2014, 05:39 PM
(07-01-2014 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Which one? Tongue

http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index...4#msg21644
07-01-2014, 05:40 PM
(07-01-2014 02:02 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I say again -- if you think they're bad, check out the cathinfo forum. Cathinfo makes SD look like just normal folks. People who thought Fisheaters was too liberal went to SD; people who think SD is too liberal go to cathinfo.

(07-01-2014 05:39 PM)TheBear Wrote:  
(07-01-2014 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Which one? Tongue

http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index...4#msg21644

Goddamit, guessed wrong again.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
07-01-2014, 05:57 PM
Having grown up in the Catholic church, going to Catholic school, and being in a mainly Catholic town I thought I had heard all the crazy. Turns out that the Catholics I grew up around only dabbled in crazy. SD has some of the scariest, jaw-dropping stuff I have ever seen. If that is the face of Catholicism that was presented to the people in SC that thought they needed to save my soul, I now understand why they thought so.

There is a lady (my parents' age) that I keep in touch with that is quite involved with The Church but she is so not what the people on SD present as the proper Catholic.

Some of the things on that site are as far out there as any Scientologist, Mormon, or snake-handling tongue-speaking Pentecostal could ever present as a part of their belief system. Geez Louise...it's unnerving.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
08-01-2014, 12:31 PM
Seems that "lack of charity" is a very serious offense on SD.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
08-01-2014, 12:34 PM
And
Quote:voxxpopulisuxx has been banned for one day for arguing with the forum staff.
LaughatLaughat

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
08-01-2014, 01:03 PM
(08-01-2014 12:34 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  And
Quote:voxxpopulisuxx has been banned for one day for arguing with the forum staff.
LaughatLaughat

I was thinking maybe he'll come around to being an atheist..... but, I really dont want him on our side. Cool
08-01-2014, 01:03 PM
(08-01-2014 12:34 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  And
LaughatLaughat

Hey, how come we don't have a rule like that? Angry

The fuckin' staff here is just lazy and incompetent. They should really do something about people who criticize them. But do they? Nooooooooo. No cojones. Dodgy
It's a disgrace what they let people get away with. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
08-01-2014, 01:06 PM
(08-01-2014 01:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-01-2014 12:34 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  And LaughatLaughat

The fuckin' staff here is just lazy and incompetent. They should really do something about people who criticize them. But do they? Nooooooooo. No cojones. Dodgy

If we gave Chas a 1 day ban for every time he has argued with the Forum Team retroactively I wonder what year he would be able to post again...

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
08-01-2014, 01:08 PM
(08-01-2014 01:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-01-2014 12:34 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  And LaughatLaughat

This forum has staff? Consider

[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post