My sister just defended Scientology

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2014, 03:41 PM
RE: My sister just defended Scientology
(28-04-2014 02:30 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I hate trying to have a reasonable conversation with religious people, somehow their belief in their fairy-tale somehow manages to poison everything.

I was talking to my sister about some of the insane shit Scientology has done and she straight up told me she doesn't believe any of it because she saw two scientologists on TV who said all the negative things said about Scientology were untrue, thereby proving it is all made up. She then told me that she can't take anything I say about religion seriously (not that I in any way accept Scientology is a religion) because of all the untrue things I've said about her religion in the past (Christianity). When I pressed her on what "untrue" things I've said she said that I've said that Christianity causes more harm than good. Which I stand by. I'm not gonna label it as a fact as you can't really measure these things but in my opinion yeah, religion (and Christianity itself) has done a fuck ton load more bad than good. She thinks it's fact that Christianity does more good than bad and I'm straight up spreading untruths by saying otherwise.

The retardation is strong in my house today. Dodgy

Time to get a new sister.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-04-2014, 03:50 PM
(28-04-2014 03:25 PM)morondog Wrote:  but she had to make that decision on her own
I think yours is a very good piece of advice.
28-04-2014, 03:51 PM
(28-04-2014 03:41 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Time to get a new sister.
I think you'll have to talk to Hughsie's parents for that Tongue
28-04-2014, 05:30 PM
Crazies have to stick together. If Christians don't believe Scientologists when they say that whatever you were talking about isn't true, how can they expect Scientologists to believe them when they say that there are no contradictions in the Bible, or that God protects them, or that Noah's Ark was real?

You believe my bullcrap, I believe your bullcrap.
28-04-2014, 06:48 PM
(28-04-2014 02:41 PM)John Wrote:  If you're talking about her you might want to reintroduce her to the forum for a discussion... And btw, is there anything defensible about scientology?! Shocking

It's a good way to make money, if you're near the top.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
29-04-2014, 04:08 AM
The more hard-headed theists will probably defend anything to try and discredit atheists and score points for themselves.
29-04-2014, 05:18 AM
She should listen to L Ron Hubbard himself. Tommy Davis doesn't seem to be aware of LRH's writings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7EEOMbBIO8

(South Park lends a hand, too).

Two books I would recommend are

Inside Scientology: The Story of America's Most Secretive Religion by Janet Reitman

Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief by Lawrence Wright
29-04-2014, 07:28 AM
Imma call the po-po. Angel

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-04-2014, 04:31 AM
(28-04-2014 02:30 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  She thinks it's fact that Christianity does more good than bad and I'm straight up spreading untruths by saying otherwise.

The retardation is strong in my house today. Dodgy

Show her she is in the minority in the UK

[Image: tumblr_ldjbuhuAZk1qa0uujo1_1280.jpg]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
30-04-2014, 06:17 AM
(28-04-2014 02:30 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  The retardation is strong in my house today. Dodgy

It is daily strong worldwide thanks to theism.