My son

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2017, 01:08 PM
RE: My son
Best of luck to your family. I think you are doing pretty well.

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jeanne's post
20-09-2017, 02:25 AM
We have a date for the breast removal surgery, I have booked time off work to go down to London with him, the bank loan is in place to pay for the surgery, just trying to find somewhere to stay now and work out the logistics.

I don't think I'll be in here much after today (for a while at least)

Get your own bleeding hymn book
[+] 2 users Like Thedemonbarber's post
20-09-2017, 04:19 AM
I thought in the UK you can get it financed by health insurance?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
20-09-2017, 05:21 AM
(20-09-2017 04:19 AM)Leerob Wrote:  I thought in the UK you can get it financed by health insurance?

Depends on circumstances.

If you have insurance, as the National Health service is free, then I imagine you could do, although may depend on the T&C's etc.

For the NHS to cover it, you have to prove it effects your health/well-being, which it clearly does, but involves seeing various people and getting reffered. There have been tales of people getting boob jobs on the NHS because they were "depressed" so I imagine this procedure is covered.

The only reason to outright pay for this is if you want it done sooner rather tahn later, so you could pay for a "private" surgery to do it. On the NHS you will be subject to waiting times of 6 months+, where as if you go private it can be ALOT sooner and tends to be a bit nicer in terms of your room and stuff like that.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
20-09-2017, 07:05 PM
All the best to you and the family, DB.

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
21-09-2017, 02:18 AM
(20-09-2017 04:19 AM)Leerob Wrote:  I thought in the UK you can get it financed by health insurance?

We had a choice to make, either to join the NHS waiting list or to go private.
Not wanting to prolong the agony for him we chose the latter option, as I said we now have a date for surgery (2nd November)
It just means that we will have to tighten our belts financially until the loan is paid off, I've also spoken with my boss about possibly getting extra shifts, and we have as a family looked at ways of saving.
I'm sure that we are making the right choice, the benefits of getting this done sooner rather than later far outweigh any negative financial implications.

Get your own bleeding hymn book
21-09-2017, 11:30 AM
(21-09-2017 02:18 AM)Thedemonbarber Wrote:  

We had a choice to make, either to join the NHS waiting list or to go private.
Not wanting to prolong the agony for him we chose the latter option, as I said we now have a date for surgery (2nd November)

Good luck. But I have to wonder, is surgical breast removal really necessary? Granted if you got a couple of double D's your options may be limited, but it seems to me that testosterone alone coupled with an anti-aromatase like Arimidex should be sufficient to reduce breast size of all but the biggest boobies to flat-chested. I base this primarily on my observation of female bodybuilders as well as young boys who get gyno and big saggy boobies when they hit puberty which then go away when their body learns to use the T properly. Don't mean no offense, just curious.

[Image: BPT1ime.jpg]
[Image: jdV7fJK.jpg]

#sigh
21-09-2017, 01:02 PM
I see what you are saying, GirlyMan but consider this. You can't really force somebody to become a body builder in order to have such a low body fat and so much muscle that it looks like the pictures. Also what you are explaining about puberty, there is still a difference between teenage moobs and female breasts. teenage moobs are just fat for a lack of T. Female breast has breast tissue other than fat.
The double masectomy takes not only the fat but also the actual breast tissue off, it removes the skin and skin folds and usually it also reshapes the nipples and puts everything in place.
I follow a lot of FtM youtubers and only one of them did not yet have a double masectomy (aka top surgery) and his main reason is that he spent the money he had saved up for that on an emergency. And also he is working out a lot and has very small breasts so that if he wears a tight top it is almost not noticable. But that is one out of many many.
The fear that if you gain weight, the chesticles come back, is horrendous. Not the fear of moobs. Moobs have a bit of different shape and feel different. But actual boobs are a problem and a big source of dysphoria.

Also little side note.
The first girl you posted, at time of the picture was about 14 or 15. She is a known, young, record holder for weight lifting. So she is not only very trained, she is also not fully developed either.
The second girl you posted appears in a google search always with the mention of taking steroids. So yea. Steroids no good.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
21-09-2017, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2017 01:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-09-2017 01:02 PM)Leerob Wrote:  The fear that if you gain weight, the chesticles come back, is horrendous. Not the fear of moobs. Moobs have a bit of different shape and feel different. But actual boobs are a problem and a big source of dysphoria.

I see. Thanks. Yes, my guess is that fat has more of a propensity to go towards the boobies in women than men so if you don't maintain low bodyfat the boobs would likely come back. Thanks again. I actually understand. Smile

(21-09-2017 01:02 PM)Leerob Wrote:  The second girl you posted appears in a google search always with the mention of taking steroids. So yea. Steroids no good.

Make no mistake, testosterone is most definitely an anabolic steroid. I take it myself. This is precisely why I thought steroids themselves would be sufficient, but I was not considering carrying normal amounts of bodyfat.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-09-2017, 09:08 PM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2017 09:13 PM by Tomasia.)
Since this doesn't seem to be the place to ask questions, I've decided to delete my post.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."