My son is reading the bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-01-2016, 11:11 PM
RE: My son is reading the bible
(04-01-2016 07:15 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Be sure to have fun at Matthew's and Jesus' expense when he reads Matthew 21: 4-10 where Jesus tells his disciples to steal an ass and a colt and rode them both into Jerusalem. Laugh out load

What's your problem. You never been to the circus ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-01-2016, 01:45 AM
Get your son A Really Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson and The Magic of Reality: How We Know What's Really True by Richard Dawkins.

Better yet, read them to him.

What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
05-01-2016, 02:14 AM
(04-01-2016 05:06 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  First off, no, Atothetheist is not my kid, this is pure coincidence.

So he had mentioned reading it a while ago and so last night my wife started to do it with him. Beginning at Matthew of course. The goal is 1 chapter each day. The interesting part is that it is when I tuck them into bed so I was threre. The rather disturbing part is that when he got through the geneology, I mentioned that he should compare it to what Luke says is the geneology. She of course didn't like that bit of fact checking but I hope the point was made. It will be difficult to have him do the gospels in parallel with her there to see if he spots the differences but I think it is important to not do it the way my wife was indoctrinated to do it.

Bedtime just got way more interesting.........

Hey OC, things could be worse. He could be reading...oh...wait a minute...yeah...it's seriousFacepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
05-01-2016, 02:18 AM
(04-01-2016 05:06 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  First off, no, Atothetheist is not my kid, this is pure coincidence.

So he had mentioned reading it a while ago and so last night my wife started to do it with him. Beginning at Matthew of course. The goal is 1 chapter each day. The interesting part is that it is when I tuck them into bed so I was threre. The rather disturbing part is that when he got through the geneology, I mentioned that he should compare it to what Luke says is the geneology. She of course didn't like that bit of fact checking but I hope the point was made. It will be difficult to have him do the gospels in parallel with her there to see if he spots the differences but I think it is important to not do it the way my wife was indoctrinated to do it.

Bedtime just got way more interesting.........

PS. I just thought how it could be worse...a catholic priest could be reading your kids a goodnight story.
[+] 2 users Like Mark Fulton's post
05-01-2016, 02:24 AM
Has he read Harry Potter yet?

If so, ask him who he thinks does the better magic tricks ... Potter or Jesus?

Consider

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
05-01-2016, 02:34 AM
(04-01-2016 11:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(04-01-2016 07:15 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Be sure to have fun at Matthew's and Jesus' expense when he reads Matthew 21: 4-10 where Jesus tells his disciples to steal an ass and a colt and rode them both into Jerusalem. Laugh out load

Dat's funnyBowing
05-01-2016, 02:41 AM
(04-01-2016 05:32 PM)DerFish Wrote:  
(04-01-2016 05:18 PM)cmr211 Wrote:  If you want to start reading the bible, shouldn't you start at Genesis, the most important (and incorrect) book of the bible?Smile

As he points out the geology of Jesus is fun too. No one can look at the two of them and say that they are both correct. The cop out is that one is of Mary's family, though they both say thay they are the male descendants.

Laugh out load You need rocks in yer head for that stuff Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
05-01-2016, 03:12 AM
(04-01-2016 11:11 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Apparently the ass got a bit weak in the legs...

[attachment=3169]
05-01-2016, 06:26 AM
(04-01-2016 10:56 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  See, stuff like that stays with you for ever.....so be careful with that bible reading or also read something else.....like Edgar Allen Poe!

Poe is less macabre and gory than parts of the OT

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
05-01-2016, 06:46 AM
Once he gets through one of the gospels, why not try a book of Egyptian legends? (With special attention to Horus)
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post