My son was attacked.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2016, 11:02 PM
RE: My son was attacked.
(02-06-2016 09:42 PM)f stop Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 04:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  That is dreadful. Do the police have any leads on the perps?
The police have no leads that they are telling us about. They say this is the latest in a series of attacks that have been going on for some time. None of the victims have been able to give a description of the perps other than it's four white male Caucasians.

The motive seems to be right out of A Clockwork Orange. They had better catch these guys quickly before they kill someone.

I wish a full and quick recovery for your son. How's he doing? We hope the better ... let us know.

As for the criminals, let us hope they see the results of their own amorality ... close up, and from behind ...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
03-06-2016, 05:19 AM
(02-06-2016 09:42 PM)f stop Wrote:  The police have no leads that they are telling us about. They say this is the latest in a series of attacks that have been going on for some time. None of the victims have been able to give a description of the perps other than it's four white male Caucasians.

The motive seems to be right out of A Clockwork Orange. They had better catch these guys quickly before they kill someone.

Random attacks are harder to solve, but I guess it's better than if someone hates him personally. Very glad to hear he is going to make a full recovery!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
03-06-2016, 05:22 AM
(01-06-2016 08:27 PM)f stop Wrote:  My 42 year old son was attacked early this morning. I don't have the full story yet but apparently he was walking to his house when several men in a car pulled up, got out, beat him up, then drove away. Hospital diagnosed him as having "closed head trauma." Police have not caught the perpetrators. Angry

Damn, any guess as to why?

I really hate my species ability to be cruel. There is absolutely no reason for humans to gang up on other humans in a civil society. I hope those fuckers are caught eventually.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2016, 08:16 AM
I'm so sorry. I hope he is recovering well.
06-06-2016, 08:36 AM
(02-06-2016 09:42 PM)f stop Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 04:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  That is dreadful. Do the police have any leads on the perps?
The police have no leads that they are telling us about. They say this is the latest in a series of attacks that have been going on for some time. None of the victims have been able to give a description of the perps other than it's four white male Caucasians.

If they keep it up, they will eventually pick on someone who is armed. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
06-06-2016, 10:15 AM
(06-06-2016 08:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 09:42 PM)f stop Wrote:  The police have no leads that they are telling us about. They say this is the latest in a series of attacks that have been going on for some time. None of the victims have been able to give a description of the perps other than it's four white male Caucasians.

If they keep it up, they will eventually pick on someone who is armed. Drinking Beverage

One can only hope. Thumbsup

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
06-06-2016, 01:53 PM
I just got back from the police station. The officer in charge of the case is off today. I talked to a clerk.

The attack is a misdemeanor because the attackers were not armed. Facepalm

They are uncertain whether the attack is an isolated instance or one of a series. No

(06-06-2016 08:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  If they keep it up, they will eventually pick on someone who is armed. Drinking Beverage
If they had attacked my grandson (27 years old) they would have had their hands full. He studies Karate and is rather good at it. They may still have beaten him up but I guarantee that they would not have left unwounded.

Sapere aude
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
06-06-2016, 02:36 PM
(06-06-2016 01:53 PM)f stop Wrote:  I just got back from the police station. The officer in charge of the case is off today. I talked to a clerk.

They are uncertain whether the attack is an isolated instance or one of a series. No

(06-06-2016 08:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  If they keep it up, they will eventually pick on someone who is armed. Drinking Beverage
If they had attacked my grandson (27 years old) they would have had their hands full. He studies Karate and is rather good at it. They may still have beaten him up but I guarantee that they would not have left unwounded.

That's interesting. Where I live in southern California, an attack by a group is considered a felony, IIRC. I'll ask my police detective friend if I see him tomorrow (Tuesday). Whereabouts are you?
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
06-06-2016, 03:05 PM
(06-06-2016 02:36 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 01:53 PM)f stop Wrote:  I just got back from the police station. The officer in charge of the case is off today. I talked to a clerk.

That's interesting. Where I live in southern California, an attack by a group is considered a felony, IIRC. I'll ask my police detective friend if I see him tomorrow (Tuesday). Whereabouts are you?

The District Attorney is the one who actually files the charges; all the police can do is turn the case over to the DA's office with a recommendation for charges after the suspect is identified.

It is also elevated from a misdemeanor to a felony in most states if accompanied by clear intent to do harm, and actual damage done. Since he was so badly injured, I'd suspect an upgrade to felony charges would be warranted. Talking with the "Victim's Advocate" at the DA's office may be of some assistance in getting charges properly filed, even if the local cops want to recommend only misdemeanor charges.

Edit to Add: You are doing well to stay on top of things by keeping pressure on the police. If they know the case won't simply "go away", they are more likely to pay attention to it.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
06-06-2016, 04:42 PM
(06-06-2016 02:36 PM)Fireball Wrote:  That's interesting. Where I live in southern California, an attack by a group is considered a felony, IIRC. I'll ask my police detective friend if I see him tomorrow (Tuesday). Whereabouts are you?
Newark, Ohio

Sapere aude