My story

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2011, 01:35 AM
RE: My story
@Atheist Troll That site was convenient for me because I'm using my phone and it had a mobile site. In any case, just because you don't trust it doesn't mean it has wrong facts. Plenty of online college courses rarely site sources yet most wouldn't call them unreliable. So please don't simply shrug off any source just because it has no citations and ignore the issues presented. Having said that, I'll look for other sources as well. My problem with evolution is that it undermines the validity of the first parts of Genesis. I honestly see the pope as a glorified fool. Also, some form of skepticism is important in forwarding scientific discovery as well as personal intelligence and wisdom. In any case, that same site I sent you has an interesting point on its main page. I think perhaps it could shed some light on the subject of intelligent design for you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2011, 03:09 AM
(18-05-2011 10:13 PM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  @Atheist Troll For now I'll take your word for it. Here's something that's by definition both complex and irreducible. A self-replicating mechanism that also holds the capacity to change during replication without losing its replicating capacity. Without those two things evolution can't happen.
I guess I'll just forget about that Tbc earlier since the only thing left to say there was that I'm willing to tackle any and all of those topics that are mentioned in that link.

OK, so how about this example... Imagine I have a son in the next couple of years, and something happens, some kind of mutation and he is born without one arm. 20 years later he has a wife and is able to have his son normally. So he was changed during replication (mutation) and he is still able to reproduce, and possibly even transfer that same mutation to his offspring. Is this maybe what you were referring to?

And about that site you gave us link to, Atheist Troll has explained why it is bad and can't be taken as evidence, so I won't repeat it unnecessary.

And evolution does not undermine anything from the Bible, it only undermines your interpretation of the Bible. That is a big problem with the Bible, you can interpret it in a million different ways. I have told you couple of times to try and have a conversation with some Catholic priest, let him explain to you how you can believe in God, Jesus and Bible, but still look at evolution as we do. But you obviously don't want to go and see some Catholic priest, and if you can talk to us here, I don't see the problem of going to talk to someone who is much closer to your beliefs that us, atheists. Don't be afraid of other religions, it's all a part of your quest for the truth.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
19-05-2011, 04:57 AM
The whole intelligent design argument cracks me up. OK, so you look at the world and lifeforms and pronounce them too complex to have occurred without a designer, then you propose a designer who is even more complex than any life form and pronounce that he doesn't need a designer. Flawed logic much?

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-05-2011, 05:32 AM
I think it is very hard to talk about life, beginning of life, evolution of life, etc. if you are not a doctor of biology or something similar. Because, we can give a lot of things to read, but we don't understand half of it, and if a person reading it doesn't understand all the facts and he does not believe in legitimacy of the scientists who wrote the article, then what is the point of all the discussion? I think all of this discussions are a waste of time, because you can not simplify those things to the level where everybody will understand it. You need to finish college or university to understand such complex things entirely. This way you can only grasp a concept of things, and if someone does not accept scientist as truthful, then you can't even have that.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
19-05-2011, 09:45 AM

(19-05-2011 01:35 AM)BlackEyedGhost Wrote:  @Atheist Troll That site was convenient for me because I'm using my phone and it had a mobile site. In any case, just because you don't trust it doesn't mean it has wrong facts. Plenty of online college courses rarely site sources yet most wouldn't call them unreliable. So please don't simply shrug off any source just because it has no citations and ignore the issues presented. Having said that, I'll look for other sources as well. My problem with evolution is that it undermines the validity of the first parts of Genesis. I honestly see the pope as a glorified fool. Also, some form of skepticism is important in forwarding scientific discovery as well as personal intelligence and wisdom. In any case, that same site I sent you has an interesting point on its main page. I think perhaps it could shed some light on the subject of intelligent design for you.

The reason I don't trust it is because it admits to being pseudoscience, and as for online collage courses while some are reputable, most of what you see advertised on TV are legal scams.(MIT tech is NOT the real MIT) Real college course material for science is and must be based on real research that is peer reviewed, everything you are taught in a biology course you could link back to real peer reviewed papers, ID can not be as it has failed to hold any grounds when real experts get to probe it for flaws. Every ID argument has been beaten by real scientists yet they spout the same arguments over and over. The flagellum is a good example, its been years since scientists showed it was not irreducibly complex yet people still spout this disinformation and trick people like you into believing it. ID takes the same attitude as YEC, geocentrics and flat eathers, its been disproven time after time yet people just wont accept it and continue to spread disinformation.

At least you see the pope for what he is. Damn that twisted man and his love for human suffering.
Quote this message in a reply