I think about the previous dawn
Good friends laughing and having fun

To the kitchen a breakfast begun
A glass of juice, a toast to the rising sun
A day to myself, to fill as I desire

No gods I worship, no brimstone & fire
My mind at peace, my thoughts all satire
Knock knock - Who's there ? - Orange

So I'm up early this sunday morning and my day is going well. I plan to go buy some lumber and begin a project in my garage.

I sometimes think about the people who get all dressed up in their sunday best to all congregate at their local churches, bowing their heads when it's expected. Standing when someone says stand. Singing praises to an imaginary being, hearing someone tell you every week the same thing over and over again, drilling it into the soft tissues of your brain so that your thoughts are fenced in and invoked with the fear of ever climbing that fence.

I shiver at the thought as I enjoy my breakfast and enjoy my day.

A day of freedom from the shackles

Orange you glad you're not in church.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Rahn127's post
26-05-2013, 06:25 PM
RE: My sunday morning
Yes I am glad. Twice over, actually. Smile

Years ago I gave up Catholicism. My wife is from a Jewish background. With our different backgrounds and adding my atheism into the mix, we decided to attend a Unitarian Universalist church mostly for our kids to be exposed to various ideas. But my wife enjoys attending. Me, not so much. Dodgy Because I go for my kids and my wife and not me, I have always resented the whole thing. Besides, it's almost an hour from where we live and the service is at 11:00 AM so it really kills the whole Sunday morning.

Anyway, last year, I started training to run a marathon. It requires a large time commitment with all the hours I spend stretching, running, core strength training, and sometimes icing spots before they become injuries. So it became a good excuse to bow out of the Sunday church trip - one that my wife and kids could understand. I don't miss it at all. Smile

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
26-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Church is too much like work, you know, without the paycheck and all.
27-05-2013, 01:41 AM
Eh, I like my UU services, but to each their own. And I did go to a "non-denominational" service in my misguided "hear them out in the spirit of fairness" phase, and yeah, I would really hate going to that over and over again. (I swear, a third of the sermon was the importance of tithing the full 10% or more.)

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
27-05-2013, 03:22 AM

I'm not a Christian, but I can say this: Don't blame Jesus. He said the sabbath was made for man and that we would no longer worship God in any special place by in spirit and in truth. So, if you're developing your spirit and pursuing the truth--you don't need church. You don't have to throw out the baby with the bathwater. You don't have to give up God to give up Church.
Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2013, 04:42 AM
(27-05-2013 03:22 AM)Egor Wrote:  I'm not a Christian, but I can say this: Don't blame Jesus. He said the sabbath was made for man and that we would no longer worship God in any special place by in spirit and in truth. So, if you're developing your spirit and pursuing the truth--you don't need church. You don't have to throw out the baby with the bathwater. You don't have to give up God to give up Church.

Yawn, but if you don't read the bible and the bible has no place in your life, why the hell would you care about what jesus had to "supposedly" say.

HuhHuhHuh
[+] 1 user Likes Blasphemous Ben's post
27-05-2013, 04:59 AM
You need to back-date yourself through some of Egor's many phases, Ben. All will become clear eventually.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-05-2013, 07:05 AM
(27-05-2013 04:59 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  You need to back-date yourself through some of Egor's many phases, Ben. All will become clear eventually.

How is it possible that it can ever become clear to anyone other than Egod?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
27-05-2013, 07:29 AM (This post was last modified: 27-05-2013 07:44 AM by Free Thought.)
(27-05-2013 07:05 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-05-2013 04:59 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  You need to back-date yourself through some of Egor's many phases, Ben. All will become clear eventually.

How is it possible that it can ever become clear to anyone other than Egod?

If you start from now, when you get all the way back to that fact that Egor is a circle, then you might get a little bit of revelation from the Almighty, super-consciousness Jewsus which has been reincarnated to most and controls the dreams and always gives really bad arguments to its chosen prophets while it tells you to love atheists and inspires you to despise their guts.

I tried to tie in all of Egor's phases I know about. Did I do well?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-05-2013, 07:41 AM
You forgot...I hate Atheists.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy