My suspension and the need for an anti-flaming rule

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2014, 04:32 PM
My suspension and the need for an anti-flaming rule
1. I am starting this thread because I have addressed my concerns to the people who run this forum in private both via email and pm and have gotten no response whatsoever.

2. I have no problem with my temp ban/suspension. I flamed Momsurroundedbyboys just as EK flamed me. In my opinion anytime one poster flames another they should be warned/sanctioned.

3. I suggest the TTA implement an anti flaming rule. The rule used as AtheistForums.org makes a good blueprint in my opinion. I'll provide it below for your examination:

Quote:Flaming is where a person makes a post that is either entirely or mostly made up of insulting language towards another member, and does not form part of a discussion between those members. Generally speaking, the occasional insult thrown at a person will not result in a violation of this rule, as discussions based around certain subjects tend to get heated for those involved and the use of insults is forgivable (and sometimes expected) in these situations. Additionally, staff will take into consideration the context surrounding the insult when making a decision. This rule is intended to prevent people from using the forum just to attack other members, or to bully opponents into submission. Members that have previously demonstrated that they are here to participate in civil conversation may be shown leniency if they run afoul of this rule. Punishments for violating this rule are verbal warnings, regular warnings, and varying lengths of bans, depending on the severity of the flaming and whether the member has violated the rule before.

4. I would like to set the record straight about my suspension. KC is spreading misinformation when he claims, "He admitted to intentionally trying to cause forum disruption and discord." I don't know if KC's action of spreading misinformation is deliberate or incompetence, but I feel I need to set the record straight. The following is direct quotations of what I admitted too.

(06-03-2014 12:39 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(06-03-2014 12:19 PM)BnW Wrote:  I though I&I was banned because he went out of his way to be a dick.

I've been testing that theory and so far it appears this forum allows you to be a total dick without any repercussions.

The following was the exchange that followed between me and KC.

(07-03-2014 09:59 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(07-03-2014 09:49 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  By the way, my personal piece of advice for you is to stop pushing the envelope. You can heed it or discard it. Just letting you know.

I gave my test a time frame of 1 week....so it is now concluded.
Mom was selected randomly(first person to respond to my necro'ed thread).
I decided the negative consequences(more rep hit or being banned) were tolerable.

As you can clearly see from that exchange, never was an admission made that I had intended to cause a forum disruption or discord. My intention was to test if the moderators would interpret the "rules" consistently. KC should modify his ban log and stop pretending he is capable of reading minds.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2014, 04:49 PM
RE: My suspension and the need for an anti-flaming rule
You acted up.

You got your peepee slapped.

[Image: Jake_move_on.gif]

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
17-03-2014, 05:29 PM
While you were gone, Girly bought you a blow job. Let me know if you decide to cash in Big Grin

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
17-03-2014, 05:29 PM
I would suggest that if you prefer the rules at AF, go there instead of here.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
17-03-2014, 05:33 PM
(17-03-2014 04:49 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  You acted up.

Again...I got no problem with the sanction. Do you think TTA needs an anti-flaming rule?
17-03-2014, 05:39 PM
(17-03-2014 05:33 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 04:49 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  You acted up.

Again...I got no problem with the sanction. Do you think TTA needs an anti-flaming rule?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-03-2014, 05:47 PM
Or you could just use the ignore feature. Angel

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

17-03-2014, 05:54 PM
(17-03-2014 05:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Or you could just use the ignore feature. Angel

Why didn't you use the ignore feature yourself?

If I was a mod, I could just split em off into the vipers pit(which is a stupid way of dealing with a problem in my opinion). Delete the post. Warn the person for flaming. If he continues ban the Motherfucker....but above all be consistent.
17-03-2014, 06:24 PM
(17-03-2014 05:54 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 05:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Or you could just use the ignore feature. Angel

If I was a mod, I could just split em off into the vipers pit(which is a stupid way of dealing with a problem in my opinion). Delete the post. Warn the person for flaming. If he continues ban the Motherfucker....but above all be consistent.

If a frog had wings....

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
17-03-2014, 06:27 PM
(17-03-2014 05:54 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

Then you would be stiped of moderator power and booted off the team just like every other mod who has attempted to go commando like that.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post