Swoon...Blush

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-03-2014, 10:10 PM
RE: My suspension and the need for an anti-flaming rule
(17-03-2014 09:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Swoon...Blush

So begins the lovestory of Buckjele.....
17-03-2014, 10:18 PM
(17-03-2014 10:10 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

ugh, go away you creep Confused

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
17-03-2014, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2014 11:11 PM by rampant.a.i..)
My suspension and the need for an anti-flaming rule
(17-03-2014 10:10 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

Quiet, you're being repressed.

[Image: tumblr_mj88inc4aw1rnzcl1o1_500.gif]

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 3 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
17-03-2014, 10:34 PM
1) what is your hatred for the proper usage of the words your and you're?? That seriously drives me crazy!

Ok now that I got that off my chest, I would like say something else. I know you think of me as it irrelevant and you think my offers of sexual favors are just a pike at your name. The truth is, (besides from shamelessly seeking slut points everywhere I go) when people have sex they're just genuinely nicer and happier people. I can't have real sex with you but I have some nice pictures that I can send you on kik. Or I could start by giving you a massage in the sexy banter thread. Yes, it's easier for everyone to band together and gang up on the outsider. But look at SlimJim once she chilled out and became nicer (after some hot action in the sexy banter thread), she is now liked by other members.

Even if you don't like sex or whatever that's fine, but why can't you just be nice?
Why would you think you could be mean and cruel to some of our sweetest forum member like momsie and Anjele?

What do you want to gain here? What did you think you would gain by posting this thread? I thought you were religious?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
17-03-2014, 10:34 PM
BJ's suspension and the need for an anti-whining rule
The title says it all. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
17-03-2014, 10:41 PM
[Image: h0860B2DD]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 6 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
18-03-2014, 01:44 AM
Rolleyes

Blowme, your OP suggests a no flaming rule.

Your method to prove the need was to act like a dick, admit that you did it deliberately to see what happened, and get yourself a temp ban.

Sorry, I'm not seeing any need for the rule. I like telling assholes where to get off, and your repeated use of words like cunt, dipshit etc in this very thread show that you yourself have no problem being a rude jerk.

Also wording of the rule you quoted in OP is dodgy IMO. Leaves determination of what's 'flaming' and what's not entirely to admin subjectivity. We already have provision for admin subjectivity in our rules, one of our guidelines is not to be too rigid. But the wording of the rule... IMO it would lead to much more work for admin, much more involvement for admin in stupid BS he said, she said arguments, and at the same time open admin to yet more accusations of taking sides.

TL; DR we don't need another vaguely worded rule about stuff which isn't a problem anyway.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-03-2014, 02:55 AM
(17-03-2014 04:32 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  1. I am starting this thread because I have addressed my concerns to the people who run this forum in private both via email and pm and have gotten no response whatsoever.

2. I have no problem with my temp ban/suspension. I flamed Momsurroundedbyboys just as EK flamed me. In my opinion anytime one poster flames another they should be warned/sanctioned.

3. I suggest the TTA implement an anti flaming rule. The rule used as AtheistForums.org makes a good blueprint in my opinion. I'll provide it below for your examination:

Quote:Flaming is where a person makes a post that is either entirely or mostly made up of insulting language towards another member, and does not form part of a discussion between those members. Generally speaking, the occasional insult thrown at a person will not result in a violation of this rule, as discussions based around certain subjects tend to get heated for those involved and the use of insults is forgivable (and sometimes expected) in these situations. Additionally, staff will take into consideration the context surrounding the insult when making a decision. This rule is intended to prevent people from using the forum just to attack other members, or to bully opponents into submission. Members that have previously demonstrated that they are here to participate in civil conversation may be shown leniency if they run afoul of this rule. Punishments for violating this rule are verbal warnings, regular warnings, and varying lengths of bans, depending on the severity of the flaming and whether the member has violated the rule before.

4. I would like to set the record straight about my suspension. KC is spreading misinformation when he claims, "He admitted to intentionally trying to cause forum disruption and discord." I don't know if KC's action of spreading misinformation is deliberate or incompetence, but I feel I need to set the record straight. The following is direct quotations of what I admitted too.

(06-03-2014 12:39 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I've been testing that theory and so far it appears this forum allows you to be a total dick without any repercussions.

The following was the exchange that followed between me and KC.

(07-03-2014 09:59 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I gave my test a time frame of 1 week....so it is now concluded.
Mom was selected randomly(first person to respond to my necro'ed thread).
I decided the negative consequences(more rep hit or being banned) were tolerable.

As you can clearly see from that exchange, never was an admission made that I had intended to cause a forum disruption or discord. My intention was to test if the moderators would interpret the "rules" consistently. KC should modify his ban log and stop pretending he is capable of reading minds.

Man walks into a restaurant/bar. Goes from table to table making a mess, knocking over dishes and throwing stuff in the floor. If he's not making a mess he's antagonizing the customers; mostly just insulting them one after the other. Finally the owner gets fed-up and throws him out.
Couple days later man comes through the door.......walks over to the owner who's behind the bar, pulls himself up on a stool and says:
"Let me tell you how you should run this place..."

that's you

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 12 users Like WitchSabrina's post
18-03-2014, 07:39 AM
Well, I didn't keep count, but BJ flamed several people in this thread - so lets create the rule, ban him, and strike the rule from the books. Everyone is happy. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post