My suspension and the need for an anti-flaming rule

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2014, 07:45 AM
RE: My suspension and the need for an anti-flaming rule
(18-03-2014 07:39 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, I didn't keep count, but BJ flamed several people in this thread - so lets create the rule, ban him, and strike the rule from the books. Everyone is happy. Tongue

Go for it.
Sorry but I just cannot take this cretin seriously. So if you can invent a method that makes him go away DO it Do it! When someone makes Chippy look like a real PAL something's desperately wrong.

This minor league-er insults ANYone who doesn't agree with him.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2014, 08:03 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2014 08:11 AM by Full Circle.)
(17-03-2014 09:06 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 09:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You started it....did not, did to, uh uh...I'm tellin' mom.

No, you aren't a whiner.

If I whine its because the assholes and cunts here troll me into whining.

That's funny...really.

You know HJ, you and I have gone at it a few times in the past and even so as I'm reading this thread and I'm thinking; "this guy, he is articulate, sometimes unknowingly funny...so close to being someone who could contribute positively to this forum...so close".

I think that if you showed even the smallest amount of self-depracation, the tiniest shadow of not taking yourself so seriously and showed an ounce or two of empathy for anyone here I, for one, would welcome it. You can always present your side of the argument in a way that doesn't evoke a gut reaction that includes whacking your pee-pee.

Seriously, if you're going to be here anyway why not show a little humility and humor?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
18-03-2014, 08:18 AM
(18-03-2014 07:39 AM)Dom Wrote:  Well, I didn't keep count, but BJ flamed several people in this thread - so lets create the rule, ban him, and strike the rule from the books. Everyone is happy. Tongue

I mulled over proposing a self exile in exchange for the rule but then concluded the idea was silly. The problem really lies with the mods and management a self exile wouldn't change that.
18-03-2014, 08:21 AM
(18-03-2014 07:45 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  

Go for it.
Sorry but I just cannot take this cretin seriously. So if you can invent a method that makes him go away DO it Do it! When someone makes Chippy look like a real PAL something's desperately wrong.

This minor league-er insults ANYone who doesn't agree with him.

Sabrina, I disagree with you on a great many things....have I ever insulted you? I don't insult people who don't insult me first.
18-03-2014, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2014 08:36 AM by Full Circle.)
(18-03-2014 08:18 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

I mulled over proposing a self exile in exchange for the rule but then concluded the idea was silly. The problem really lies with the mods and management a self exile wouldn't change that.

Exile...ummm...where's the sexy banter thread again?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
18-03-2014, 08:24 AM
RE: Chas is an ASS!
(17-03-2014 10:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  The title says it all. Drinking Beverage

Your right...it does.
18-03-2014, 08:28 AM
(18-03-2014 08:24 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 10:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  The title says it all. Drinking Beverage

Your right...it does.

*you're*

18-03-2014, 08:33 AM
(18-03-2014 08:18 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

Mods are like cops in uniform - they don't make laws, they enforce them, or more often, record infractions and present them to admin.

Admin acts according to Seth's wishes. This is Seth's forum. He doesn't micromanage, but he sets the tone.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-03-2014, 08:36 AM
(18-03-2014 08:28 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 08:24 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Your right...it does.

*you're*

I don't know why I keep messing that up....Same with their, there, and they're.
18-03-2014, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2014 09:16 AM by Full Circle.)
(18-03-2014 08:36 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 08:28 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  *you're*

I don't know why I keep messing that up....Same with their, there, and they're.

When not sure remove the contraction and ask yourself if it still makes sense.

i.e. You're right = You are right Thumbsup

Your right = No (possessive)

Thus endeth the grammar nazi lesson