My suspension and the need for an anti-flaming rule

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2014, 08:14 PM
RE: My suspension and the need for an anti-flaming rule
Heywood, you act a dick a lot. We tolerated it. You went too far. You had to sit in the bad boy chair. Now you are whining. How old are you again?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
17-03-2014, 08:15 PM
(17-03-2014 08:10 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 08:08 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  A suspension is a temp ban.

You and Revs are engaging in word salad to save face.

welcome to the world of law, where rules are made up and everything is a word salad.

Right now you are losing by a potato of points Thumbsup

Well they sure aren't doing a good job. When I was under "suspension" if I logged on it would say I was "banned".

Also it would say I was "banned" as my undertitle when I was under "suspension".

I'm pretty sure I was temp-banned.

But if the Forum management wants to play word games to save face on the fact that they are incompetent at following their own rules.....I am powerless to stop them.

I can call them out for it though.

Insults From Thinkingatheists forgiven 151
17-03-2014, 08:16 PM
(17-03-2014 04:32 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  1. I am starting this thread because I have addressed my concerns to the people who run this forum in private both via email and pm and have gotten no response whatsoever.

2. I have no problem with my temp ban/suspension. I flamed Momsurroundedbyboys just as EK flamed me. In my opinion anytime one poster flames another they should be warned/sanctioned.

3. I suggest the TTA implement an anti flaming rule. The rule used as AtheistForums.org makes a good blueprint in my opinion. I'll provide it below for your examination:

Quote:Flaming is where a person makes a post that is either entirely or mostly made up of insulting language towards another member, and does not form part of a discussion between those members. Generally speaking, the occasional insult thrown at a person will not result in a violation of this rule, as discussions based around certain subjects tend to get heated for those involved and the use of insults is forgivable (and sometimes expected) in these situations. Additionally, staff will take into consideration the context surrounding the insult when making a decision. This rule is intended to prevent people from using the forum just to attack other members, or to bully opponents into submission. Members that have previously demonstrated that they are here to participate in civil conversation may be shown leniency if they run afoul of this rule. Punishments for violating this rule are verbal warnings, regular warnings, and varying lengths of bans, depending on the severity of the flaming and whether the member has violated the rule before.

4. I would like to set the record straight about my suspension. KC is spreading misinformation when he claims, "He admitted to intentionally trying to cause forum disruption and discord." I don't know if KC's action of spreading misinformation is deliberate or incompetence, but I feel I need to set the record straight. The following is direct quotations of what I admitted too.

(06-03-2014 12:39 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I've been testing that theory and so far it appears this forum allows you to be a total dick without any repercussions.

The following was the exchange that followed between me and KC.

(07-03-2014 09:59 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I gave my test a time frame of 1 week....so it is now concluded.
Mom was selected randomly(first person to respond to my necro'ed thread).
I decided the negative consequences(more rep hit or being banned) were tolerable.

As you can clearly see from that exchange, never was an admission made that I had intended to cause a forum disruption or discord. My intention was to test if the moderators would interpret the "rules" consistently. KC should modify his ban log and stop pretending he is capable of reading minds.

When an IF we need any advice from the likes of you, Mr. Whiney -25, we'll be sure and ask. Meanwhile, go fuck yourself.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
17-03-2014, 08:17 PM
(17-03-2014 08:14 PM)Dom Wrote:  Heywood, you act a dick a lot. We tolerated it. You went too far. You had to sit in the bad boy chair. Now you are whining. How old are you again?

Dom

read post 1 of this thread please.

I stated I am okay with the ban. I agreed I should have been banned. What language do they speak in your country cause you sure have a problem understanding English.

17-03-2014, 08:17 PM
(17-03-2014 08:15 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 08:10 PM)nach_in Wrote:  welcome to the world of law, where rules are made up and everything is a word salad.

Right now you are losing by a potato of points Thumbsup

Well they sure aren't doing a good job. When I was under "suspension" if I logged on it would say I was "banned".

Also it would say I was "banned" as my undertitle when I was under "suspension".

I'm pretty sure I was temp-banned.

But if the Forum management wants to play word games to save face on the fact that they are incompetent at following their own rules.....I am powerless to stop them.

I can call them out for it though.

If a tree falls in the forest, but nobody likes it, does it matter if it makes a sound? Consider

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 6 users Like nach_in's post
17-03-2014, 08:18 PM
(17-03-2014 08:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 04:32 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  1. I am starting this thread because I have addressed my concerns to the people who run this forum in private both via email and pm and have gotten no response whatsoever.

2. I have no problem with my temp ban/suspension. I flamed Momsurroundedbyboys just as EK flamed me. In my opinion anytime one poster flames another they should be warned/sanctioned.

3. I suggest the TTA implement an anti flaming rule. The rule used as AtheistForums.org makes a good blueprint in my opinion. I'll provide it below for your examination:

4. I would like to set the record straight about my suspension. KC is spreading misinformation when he claims, "He admitted to intentionally trying to cause forum disruption and discord." I don't know if KC's action of spreading misinformation is deliberate or incompetence, but I feel I need to set the record straight. The following is direct quotations of what I admitted too.

The following was the exchange that followed between me and KC.

As you can clearly see from that exchange, never was an admission made that I had intended to cause a forum disruption or discord. My intention was to test if the moderators would interpret the "rules" consistently. KC should modify his ban log and stop pretending he is capable of reading minds.

When an IF we need any advice from the likes of you, Mr. Whiney -25, we'll be sure and ask. Meanwhile, go fuck yourself.

Bucky....In the EK thread....the forum team said they were okay with receiving criticism.

Do you think they are lying about that too?

17-03-2014, 08:21 PM
(17-03-2014 08:17 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 08:14 PM)Dom Wrote:  Heywood, you act a dick a lot. We tolerated it. You went too far. You had to sit in the bad boy chair. Now you are whining. How old are you again?

Dom

read post 1 of this thread please.

I stated I am okay with the ban. I agreed I should have been banned. What language do they speak in your country cause you sure have a problem understanding English.

Tsk, tsk, with the insults again. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
17-03-2014, 08:23 PM
I am okay with the ban but it's not really a ban, but maybe it is a ban because it was a suspension but I kept checking and they didn't make a special category for being suspended temporarily so I am going to whine and bitch and generally continue to be a pain in the ass and try to make the forum look like the bad guys cause I want them to admit that I was really banned...really and truly banned and it hurt my little feelings and I can't make anyone see it my way and why or why are the people here so mean to me when I have only been a dick some of the time and even tested out being a bigger dick and told everyone about it and why, why, why....Weeping Love and kisses to the forum I love you all so much that I just want to be a part of things here...Heart Blowme.

Rainbow Vomit

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
17-03-2014, 08:26 PM
(17-03-2014 08:18 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(17-03-2014 08:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  When an IF we need any advice from the likes of you, Mr. Whiney -25, we'll be sure and ask. Meanwhile, go fuck yourself.

Bucky....In the EK thread....the forum team said they were okay with receiving criticism.

Do you think they are lying about that too?

You live in a deluded little world if you actually think anyone here gives a shit about advice from you. (BTW, no one here for a minute actually believes your LIE about "randomly" targeting moms. You PICKED her because she told you to "shoo".)

Get lost. Troll.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-03-2014, 08:31 PM
I think this must be his natural habitat:
http://www.4chan.org/