My thoughts on Abiogenesis.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2012, 05:44 PM
RE: My thoughts on Abiogenesis.
(18-09-2012 05:37 PM)robotworld Wrote:  If I'm not mistaken, the localisation of genetic material and proteins within liposomes to form probionts actually contribute to the formation of the early cell.

This article might help if you can access it Big Grin
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/art...4780900118

You need to buy it to read it Undecided
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-09-2012, 08:44 PM
(18-09-2012 05:44 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  You need to buy it to read it Undecided

I have access to the paper if anyone wants to read it. Just send me your email. I would like to point out that it is 32 years old. I'm sure major advances have been made since then.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-09-2012, 04:11 PM
(18-09-2012 08:44 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(18-09-2012 05:44 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  You need to buy it to read it Undecided

I have access to the paper if anyone wants to read it. Just send me your email. I would like to point out that it is 32 years old. I'm sure major advances have been made since then.

Science making major advances in 40 years? Nawwwwww... that ain't science.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
21-09-2012, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2012 07:30 AM by Superluminal.)
Looking at the transition from chemistry to biological life and trying to decide what is and isn't life is like trying to look at a color spectrum and decide exactly at which point red becomes orange.

First there was more complex biological chemistry, amino acid chains, etc. At some point it began a process of simple self replication, probably relying on vibration and kinetic energy instead of consuming "food." In fact, the process of preferential selection probably began long before anything you would consider a complete cell existed.

It is a false paradigm to look at a modern complex cell and try and think about how that spontaneously came to be from simple chemistry. It didn't work like that.

We are getting close with some really good guesses as to how it began. Here is one:

[+] 1 user Likes Superluminal's post
22-01-2014, 04:12 AM
(21-09-2012 07:25 AM)Superluminal Wrote:  We are getting close with some really good guesses as to how it began. Here is one:

Good guesses ??

that is pseudo scientific fairy tale speculation without any evidence whatsoever to back up the claims.

Abiogenesis is a failed hyptheses. All roads have lead to a dead end, what is a strong evidence for genesis.
22-01-2014, 04:24 AM
(22-01-2014 04:12 AM)Godexists Wrote:  Good guesses ??

that is pseudo scientific fairy tale speculation without any evidence whatsoever to back up the claims.

Abiogenesis is a failed hyptheses. All roads have lead to a dead end, what is a strong evidence for genesis.

[Image: wikipedian_protester.png]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
22-01-2014, 04:24 AM
(22-01-2014 04:12 AM)Godexists Wrote:  
(21-09-2012 07:25 AM)Superluminal Wrote:  We are getting close with some really good guesses as to how it began. Here is one:

Good guesses ??

[Image: 2388925-1176126023-50550.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
22-01-2014, 04:57 AM
Sorry, way over my head, but I would like to take some advantage of a, ah, um, this topic and ask a question.

My husband was dead when I had three children with him, barring scientific intervention. How is this possible? And, what are my CHILDREN!

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
27-01-2014, 12:30 PM

Good guesses ??

that is pseudo scientific
In so far as it is empirically testable through observation and experiment, it cannot be pseudo science.

(22-01-2014 04:12 AM)Godexists Wrote:  fairy tale speculation

Where elements of the hypothesis have not yet been empirically tested or demonstrated to be true, they're mere speculative hypotheses. There's nothing wrong with that, part of science is to formulate hypotheses. That is, to speculate about what is possible and how it could happen. After this, you try to get funding to go test it in a lab.

(22-01-2014 04:12 AM)Godexists Wrote:  without any evidence whatsoever to back up the claims.
And this one is simply directly factually incorrect. Significant portions of the hypothesis have been experimentally confimed by the Szostak lab. Which you would know if you had bothered to check their publication list, instead of just mindlessly propagandizing for doctrine.

(22-01-2014 04:12 AM)Godexists Wrote:  Abiogenesis is a failed hyptheses. All roads have lead to a dead end
This conclusion is premature since none of the "roads" have actually been fully experimentally explored yet. The part of the scientific community directly working on the origin of life is actually a tiny fraction and they have only really been working on it with direct experiments in abiotic chemistry since the 1950's.

(22-01-2014 04:12 AM)Godexists Wrote:  what is a strong evidence for genesis.
Heh. Please enlighten me. Where was instantaneous magical creation by divine will empirically demonstrated to be a concrete physical possibility again?

"When inventing a god, the most important thing is to claim it is invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise, people will become skeptical when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing." - Anonymous
[+] 4 users Like Rumraket's post
27-01-2014, 02:32 PM

Good guesses ??

I agree with the premises you're setting.

It's only the conclusion that is wrong. All of this is obviously strong evidence pointing towards Ancient Aliens.
Mostly because I say so.
And because there's an old book about it. Which, as you certainly know, ascribes it in reality. Since books can't contain fiction. Ever.
The book is by Erich von Däniken. And since he's older than you, you should respect what he says in his book. Because older people automatically tell the truth and are automatically right.

And you can't prove that's not exactly what happened.
[+] 2 users Like GaëlK7's post