My thoughts on this debate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2014, 03:01 PM
RE: My thoughts on this debate
As far as I can tell, I only have one FB friend who watched the debate, and here is his response:

"What's at stake, Mr. Nye, is your eternal life and the salvation of this wicked generation. Look around you, indeed, and see the impact of man's sin and our desperate need for a Savior who died on a cross for you and me. Praying he will come to know how the Lord loves him so."

Yes, the Lord who loves him so much he created Hell just in case Bill Nye doesn't love him back...

Apparently the science stuff didn't even register. Sad

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 03:38 PM
(05-02-2014 03:01 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  As far as I can tell, I only have one FB friend who watched the debate, and here is his response:

"What's at stake, Mr. Nye, is your eternal life and the salvation of this wicked generation. Look around you, indeed, and see the impact of man's sin and our desperate need for a Savior who died on a cross for you and me. Praying he will come to know how the Lord loves him so."

Yes, the Lord who loves him so much he created Hell just in case Bill Nye doesn't love him back...

Apparently the science stuff didn't even register. Sad

Thats all they got is hell. We can refute hams points, but they can't refute ours. Thats why religions like islam and christianity made hell, so that they can scare people into becoming slaves of the church or masque

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] ♪僕は恐怖の一定した状態に住んで、不幸、逃すもう?僕は、それはもう痛いときも気づかないと
05-02-2014, 05:30 PM
(05-02-2014 10:34 AM)kellyrm Wrote:  This is supposedly what a few creationists at the debate had to say...number 15 (and the repeated use of the word THEIR vs THEY'RE or THERE) makes me want to shake the shit out of these people!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/messages-...n-evolutio

... and the counter...
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/messages-...in-evoluti

05-02-2014, 05:44 PM
(05-02-2014 05:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 10:34 AM)kellyrm Wrote:  This is supposedly what a few creationists at the debate had to say...number 15 (and the repeated use of the word THEIR vs THEY'RE or THERE) makes me want to shake the shit out of these people!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/messages-...n-evolutio

... and the counter...
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/messages-...in-evoluti

I like number 21, "Read more than one book".

05-02-2014, 05:52 PM
I couldn't make it through Ham's intro without wanting to strangle someone!
I will try and watch it again later when I feel a little less homicidal!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
05-02-2014, 06:11 PM
[Image: facebook_2005461528_zpswch9fgje.jpg]

[Image: facebook_208457481_zps4axmsqxe.jpg]

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
05-02-2014, 08:11 PM
(05-02-2014 09:20 AM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 09:03 AM)DLJ Wrote:  [Image: 25631391566578.jpg]

haha that's exactly what it was like! Nothing but the bible..and did I hear Ken Ham say it depends how we define the word LITERAL?!?! And then he changed the word literal to mean natural...so yeah, there's that. He's got nothing, which is what I expected. But what makes me sad (especially for the US) is that there are a lot of people who will watch this and agree with every damn word he said!

--And how he tried to re-define BOTH "science" AND "evolution" -- something he kept referring to over and over! Nye really should have hammered him for trying to equivocate, every time he said "historical/observational science". It would have destroyed his entire shell game.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
05-02-2014, 09:23 PM
(05-02-2014 10:43 AM)kellyrm Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 10:40 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Just the looks on most of their faces makes me want to plant the back end of a shovel to them. Should be called "messages from idoits". And #15, science is not testable? WTFF?!?!?!

That's going around on FB right now...and these brainwashed fools are commenting "amen" and all this other bullshit to it...sometimes it's hard to know for sure if I'm the crazy one or if there's really that many stupid people out there! Hand me a shover too, please!

Ah yeah, I posted those saying "dear friends, if you also have these questions, please ask me! There are a couple that I can't answer off the top of my head, but please please please ask!"

Subtext being, don't be willfully ignorant!!

(05-02-2014 06:11 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  [Image: facebook_2005461528_zpswch9fgje.jpg]

[Image: facebook_208457481_zps4axmsqxe.jpg]

That tree quote is the best one, but I'm discussing the debate with a theist at the moment and her rosponse is, God created them that old! Ever think of that?!
05-02-2014, 09:37 PM
(05-02-2014 09:23 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  That tree quote is the best one, but I'm discussing the debate with a theist at the moment and her rosponse is, God created them that old! Ever think of that?!

[Image: facebook_637780652_zps1zirbcrg.jpg]

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
05-02-2014, 09:49 PM
(05-02-2014 09:23 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  That tree quote is the best one, but I'm discussing the debate with a pathological liar at the moment and her rosponse is, God created them that old! Ever think of that?!

[Image: fixed.gif]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop