My toaster is toast.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2014, 11:01 AM
RE: My toaster is toast.
I have a very old food processor. The thing could chop up a brick. Way better than the new ones. I think things were just made to better standards back then. Now its more about turnover and profit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
05-09-2014, 11:14 AM
(05-09-2014 11:01 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I have a very old food processor. The thing could chop up a brick. Way better than the new ones. I think things were just made to better standards back then. Now its more about turnover and profit.

Took the words from my mouth. If it seems like the newer stuff doesn't work as good as the old it is because they are made to be broken in little time. Don't get me started on vacuum cleaners. Have one from the 70s that works like a champion, but the new ones are just shit.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
05-09-2014, 03:40 PM
(05-09-2014 11:14 AM)Elskidor Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 11:01 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I have a very old food processor. The thing could chop up a brick. Way better than the new ones. I think things were just made to better standards back then. Now its more about turnover and profit.

Took the words from my mouth. If it seems like the newer stuff doesn't work as good as the old it is because they are made to be broken in little time. Don't get me started on vacuum cleaners. Have one from the 70s that works like a champion, but the new ones are just shit.

Haha. My brother buys the cheapest vacuum cleaner available and when it breaks down he just tosses it and buys another cheap one. That might be ok but if everyone started doing that the landfills would be piled high with vacuum cleaners.

I've gone through a toaster about every two years. Sigh.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-09-2014, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2014 07:51 PM by Chas.)
Every toaster oven I've had was pretty much a waste of space.

They don't toast worth shit.

I'm tempted by those vintage toasters. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2014, 07:27 PM
You need to make a little miracle every morning.
Here's your chance.
[Image: 41kw9-MuQWL._SP160,160,0,T_.jpg]

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post