My tracker-checker-weightloss-success-thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
08-10-2016, 04:20 PM
RE: My tracker-checker-weightloss-success-thread
So today I walked so much that I was surprised my back didn't hurt. I think I found that my back only hurts from walking when I am carrying stuff. So my back actually only started hurting when I returned from IKEA (because who doesn't leave IKEA with a bunch of stuff).
I got myself a better app to get an accurate step count. So today I did 9980 steps plus minus a few because it has a delay of 20 seconds when you start walking.

At IKEA I had a normal sized lunch which I wasn't able to finish because I listened to my body telling me to stop. Usually I'd eat it all because I paid for it but I didn't want to feel heavy and sick so I just stopped eating. And for some people this sounds like a no-brainer. For me it is something I am learning because I grew up with "you finish what's on your plate". I grew up poor so what was on my plate was never much and there was no room to be stupid about it, I had to eat it all to make sure I was fed.
I think that it might also be why gaining weight wasn't a big deal in my head until now when I don't have good mobility anymore. Gaining weight was this sign that now I was able to afford all the food I needed and wanted.
So yea, being able to leave food on the plate, even throw food sometimes, is a big thing for me. I don't want to waste things, especially food. But I guess I also have to learn to listen to my body more as well.

At IKEA I won a dougnut. I took two bites and that was it because it was so greasy. My husband wanted the rest of the doughnut so yay no waste.

Dinner we went to Abrakebabra, which is an Irish fast food chain. They have doner, burgers, and such things. I had a small portion of Taco fries and that was the end of it. Before I went there once a week and took the big portion. But I thought it is greasy and unhealthy enough when it is a small portion. I am still full from it btw although I ate that 4 hours ago.

Wouldn't have thought how fast the body adjusts to this new regime with smaller portions and all. Though usually I always had a snack just because I wanted to taste something nice. Now I feed this urge with chewing gum. I hope all that chewing gum doesn't fuck up my teeth actually. But I really need something to control my anxiety and chewing gum, believe it or not, really helps me there.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Leerob's post
09-10-2016, 09:33 AM
Hug

Thumbsup
09-10-2016, 09:52 AM
Thumbsup

[Irish fast food! Donner and burgers!!! What, no murphies and fresh barbequed leprechauns?]

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 1 user Likes Gloucester's post
11-10-2016, 12:44 PM
I fell today but I had a reason, no silly excuse.
My husband has finally received his final offer and contract for a job. He has been looking for one for the past 4 years so we had to celebrate that.
We shared a pizza and had some garlic mushrooms. I had two chocolates and three cookies.
Though although this dinner was not healthy or good for me at all, it tasted nice and also I had a very small lunch today so it shouldn't be tooo bad.
Other than today, I have been doing fine with my eating habits. I pay more attention to the food I choose and the portion size in general now. And I do walk a lot although I must look ridiculous when I do so. I feel so big and it feels so hard to walk sometimes. But might just be me feeling unfit. Nothing that can't be fixed.

Apart from food I have something else, a good thing.
Today my Bike To Work scheme was approved. This is a scheme in Ireland that makes buying a good bicycle to cycle to work easier affordable. Basically the employer gives you a voucher for the amount of the quote you brought them from your bike dealer (max 1000 euro) and then you pay them back over a certain amount of time. So you buy for however much you got the quote. and then you pay back to your employer before tax. So effectively you can save a lot of money that way.
The good thing is that this also includes bike equipment like mud guards, reflective clothing, lights, etc. So I will be fully equipped.
I called the shop and my bike will be ready on Friday. Though I might not be able to make it there on Friday so I can go on Saturday and pick it up. This is so great. The bike I chose is the best bike I have ever owned. And I love that shop too, I always like to go there because they are fair, have good prices, and they know their shit. They won't fix your bike so you have to come back a week later, they do it properly right away. That is why I like them.
So yay from Monday I can finally cycle to work again. I missed that so much.
While I hate walking a lot in the morning, I do enjoy to cycle A LOT. In the morning it gets me going and in the evening it just feels good after a day in the office.

[+] 3 users Like Leerob's post
11-10-2016, 12:51 PM
Well done, Leela. Thumbsup

The occasional one ofs like that are not going to serious damage I doubt.

Just occasional, mind! Dodgy

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
15-10-2016, 04:43 PM
Ok soooo I finally have my new bike. Let the cycling begin!
[Image: xpn2hz.jpg]

Apart from that, I want to go to the doctor soon because of the water in my legs. It is really feeling strange and maybe the doctor can help with that.
Currently I feel fatter every day although I am really trying to lose weight. Things are just so difficult right now and I know I should be patient and that results will show soon enough but it is frustrating that I let it come to this... I just dug out a photo from four years ago. And I was over weight then too but I still had a normal body whereas now I have a huge belly that grew so fast that I have those tiger stripes that usually women have after a pregnancy. I hate myself for that... I will work so hard to lose that belly... I am sure some of my other health issues will go away too then.

Ah well...
Today we went to an all you can eat but that was also the only meal I had today plus I walked for like 4 hours. So I think it's not a big deal in that context. Especially not because I chose things for my plate that aren't too bad.
The walking wasn't too bad either. I only feel it negatively when we walk very fast. Simply because walking has become harder due to my weight. But we were walking at a normal speed so it was fine.
I had some fruit and a snackbar for "dinner" because there is nothing in the house really (apart from some smoked meat but I don't eat meat on its own.)

Well bla

[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
15-10-2016, 05:15 PM
(15-10-2016 04:43 PM)Leela Wrote:  Apart from that, I want to go to the doctor soon because of the water in my legs.

Edema in your legs is a very good reason to go to the doctor directly.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
15-10-2016, 07:24 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2016 07:31 PM by jennybee.)
You sound like you are doing amazing! I think the treat of cookies and chocolate is good. I think it's important to let yourself have them every once in awhile. I know it always helps me stay on track. And don't feel fat or beat yourself up at the weight you are now--this whole thing is a journey and you are going to look even more ah-mazing after each passing day. You are doing everything you should be doing and you should be very proud of yourself. It takes a lot to do that and you're doing it. Thumbsup

I know it's hard sometimes but try and feel good at each weight you are at. Don't let society tell you otherwise. Beauty comes in many shapes and sizes. Do what you are doing for your health and the rest will fall into place.

As for the tiger marks, a few of my friends who have had babies had them removed by laser. There are also creams available to help minimize appearance and cover up make-ups as well (if you don't go the laser route).
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
17-10-2016, 05:15 PM
So yay, today I went to work and home by bike. I love this thing. I swear I feel like I am sitting on a cloud, that is how smooth it goes. The gears are so smooth, no sounds, nothing. Getting used to the breaks though because they are disc brakes and they behave a little bit different from what I am used to.

The only thing that bothers me is the asthma. I took one pump of my inhaler before I left in the morning because I knew my asthma would kick in otherwise. I forgot to do that when I left work so it did kick in. I hope that the asthma will stop doing that shit once I get used to cycling again.

Food-wise I was doing very good today.
Had my egg and bread and fruit breakfast like every morning.
Lunch was bean burgers, fish, beans, and a slice of bread. Dessert was a slice of walnut cake and grapes.
Dinner was just a pretzl with butter.
I am currently fucking starving but I am going to bed in a few minutes so I see no use in eating right now.

[+] 3 users Like Leerob's post
17-10-2016, 06:39 PM
My tracker-checker-weightloss-success-thread
I feel so fat and unmotivated. I hate it when others lose weight because it makes me look fatter around them. Sad
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post