My tracker-checker-weightloss-success-thread

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-10-2016, 06:47 PM
RE: My tracker-checker-weightloss-success-thread
(17-10-2016 06:39 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I feel so fat and unmotivated. I hate it when others lose weight because it makes me look fatter around them. Sad

Hug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-10-2016, 04:26 PM
(17-10-2016 06:39 PM)KUSA Wrote:  I feel so fat and unmotivated. I hate it when others lose weight because it makes me look fatter around them. Sad
I am fat enough lol. Don't you worry, it will be a long time before the weightloss is visible. So you are still in very good company Tongue

Anyway what I wanted to show today is an example for lunches I have at work.
Over the course of a day I do for sure get my 5 a day. For people outside Ireland and UK, there is a campaign here motivating people to eat 5 portions of fruit/vegetable a day. So I do get those. I always struggle with getting enough protein because I just don't like most sources of protein. So I am making a point of picking some form of protein on my plate no matter if I like it or not.
On the plate below: Lasagne, potatoe, salad with joghurt dressing, walknut cake, strawberries.
For breakfast I always pick the same thing. egg, bread roll, some cream cheese or cottage cheese, olives. And for snacks I have some fruit. At home I usually have a big salad. But today it was omelette instead. And then later I had a lollipop because that was my sweetfix for the evening.

Still did my cycling to and from work which felt good but I need to remember using my asthma inhaler before riding my bike.

[Image: 20qxc9x.jpg]

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
18-10-2016, 07:15 PM
My tracker-checker-weightloss-success-thread
That doesn't look bad at all.
19-10-2016, 11:46 AM
(18-10-2016 04:26 PM)Leela Wrote:  
I am fat enough lol. Don't you worry, it will be a long time before the weightloss is visible. So you are still in very good company Tongue

Anyway what I wanted to show today is an example for lunches I have at work.
Over the course of a day I do for sure get my 5 a day. For people outside Ireland and UK, there is a campaign here motivating people to eat 5 portions of fruit/vegetable a day. So I do get those. I always struggle with getting enough protein because I just don't like most sources of protein. So I am making a point of picking some form of protein on my plate no matter if I like it or not.
On the plate below: Lasagne, potatoe, salad with joghurt dressing, walknut cake, strawberries.
For breakfast I always pick the same thing. egg, bread roll, some cream cheese or cottage cheese, olives. And for snacks I have some fruit. At home I usually have a big salad. But today it was omelette instead. And then later I had a lollipop because that was my sweetfix for the evening.

Still did my cycling to and from work which felt good but I need to remember using my asthma inhaler before riding my bike.

[Image: 20qxc9x.jpg]

There would be three day's worth of carbs for me on that one plate, Leela! But I can eat almost any protein happily.

Otherwise it's fruit and veg.

My main weight loss early in the year was by cutting carbs by about two thirds and going for high quality protein.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
19-10-2016, 05:52 PM
(19-10-2016 11:46 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  There would be three day's worth of carbs for me on that one plate, Leela! But I can eat almost any protein happily.

Otherwise it's fruit and veg.

My main weight loss early in the year was by cutting carbs by about two thirds and going for high quality protein.
You may not believe this but I have cut my caloric intake by about a third during the past two weeks. I am not gonna go crazy on cutting more carbs etc. First I need to start feeling comfortable with the changes I already made.

Also low carb high protein diets don't work for me. Actually I have issues in my blood works when I eat more protein than my body asks me for (which is very little). So I'd rather keep listening to my body when it comes to protein.

So currently I approach food with a mindset of kinda this:
Ok I am hungry, what do I pick. Ok I will pick this and this and this. Not too much you idiot, you are losing weight *leaves out seconds, pushes away greedy food thougts*

Oh btw. I am starting to feel it a little bit in one of my jeans. It is not visible yet sadly but of course.

- Wotsefack?! -
23-10-2016, 04:38 PM
Alrighty...

So I start feeling but not seeing a change. I feel it in my shirts which usually don't move on my body but stretch a lot. Recently two of my shirts started moving a little or rather not stick to my body as much. Does that make any sense?

Foodwise I am still doing ok. I became obsessed with chewing gum.
I figure that a lot of my over eating had to do with my anxiety issues. So I switched over to sugar free chewing gum and although it helps, I am a bit worried it might be bad for my teeth on the long run.

My urge to have sweets has mostly gone away. Only here and there I want to have a thing. Recently there were these lollipops at work that had a powder dip thing. And I took one home to have it in the evening on most days. It is my one guilty pleasure I guess. But since I am paying attention to what I eat and also exercize a bit now (cycling twice a day), I think I can afford that one lollipop a day Big Grin

- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
25-10-2016, 03:59 PM
Today was such a fucked up shit day at work. I was surprised that I didn't turn to chocolate or other sweets because it used to be the thing that helped me through too high stress.
I was frantically chewing my chewing gum though. All day long! No minute of not chewing a meal or chewing gum.
For dinner I did have a chocolate thing but after that I walked home for an hour instead of riding my bike. So I am pretty damn sure that I walked that chocolate off as well. Therefore no harm done.

One more day to work and I have some time off. I really need it and during that time, I will have even less food because I don't eat much when I am alone and especially not when I am at home. Usually two meals and a fruit or so. Just not getting hungry when I am not at work.

Still haven't been to the doctor with my legs but I want to call tomorrow and make an appointment. So then I can get my legs checked and hopefully also some blood works done. I'd like to get my thyroids and my sugar checked as I am at risk for both and I haven't checked either for years... So yea there is that.

- Wotsefack?! -
01-11-2016, 12:15 PM
I haven't done an update in a while so here is an update:
on Fri - Sun I was not very good with my food choices. I have not gone over the recommended calories but the choice of food was bad.
So today I have gone back on track.
Had salmon with salad and gnoccis and a bit pumpkin cake (i really have a ton of pumpkin still)

Also I mentioned earlier in this thread that I have water in my legs. So today I finally went to the doctor.
And he touched my legs where the water is and suddenly became very urgent.
So I am getting a ton of tests done.
He said it can be kidneys, lungs, intestines, the heard, or nothing at all. So before he starts any treatment he wants me to get many tests done.
So this Thursday morning I have to go to get blood drawn and a urine test.
Then I have to go for another urine collection, a echo-heart scan, abdominal and pelvid ct scan, chest x-ray, ecg, 24 hours holter monitor (no clue what that is), and something else that he wrote on the list by hand and I cannot decipher it.
Now luckily one of these tests (ct scan) is covered by my health insurance. Two of the tests are done privately and I will have to pay for them. And the rest is public so I won't have to pay for them.
But wow, all that for a bit of water in my legs...

- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
03-11-2016, 07:35 AM
Sooooo I had to fast from 6:30pm last night until 6:30am this morning because the doctor wanted to take my blood. All of it. I have no more blood.

Wasn't too bad actually. I wasn't hungry because I don't usually eat after 7pm (ish) anyway since I started my weight loss.
Didn't know if I would be allowed sugar free chewing gum or not (I mean there are some chemicals in there so and they probably do end up in the blood stream) and forgot to ask. So I didn't chew any, stuck to water, but the lack of chewing gum was very hard on me.
I mentioned before that it helps me with my anxiety. Well without that support I was pretty much fucked. Once I went to bed, I laid there awake for at least an hour if not more. Circular thoughts, heart pounding, the whole thing.
I am happy I get to chew again. As long as chewing gum is enough, I don't want to ask for medication.
Just for those who wonder why chewing helps. If you chew, your brain thinks you're eating (kinda). Your stone-age-part of your brain then considers the situation to be safe because otherwise you would not be eating.
It doesn't get rid of anxiety but for me it brings it down to a managable level.

Anyway I had half a (enormous) plate of lunch and keeping the other half for dinner. Had a chocolate croissant after the doctor took all my blood in the morning.

Love how the doctor expected me to be squeemish about the needle. Many people are afraid of needles, I know that. But I used to donate blood regularly. I am really not afraid. I want to look actually because it is interesting to me. Doctor wanted me to look away and while putting the needle in requested me to cough. (If I had balls, I could make a stupid joke now)

Went to the hospital for ECG and X-Ray after the blood letting *oh the drama* and also received a piss-bottle there. Yep! They want me to piss in a bottle, they want a lot of my urine...
TMI? Your welcome!

cheers Tongue

- Wotsefack?! -
14-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Past two weeks were a bit crazy.

So I went to the hospital a few times for all the tests. Only one is missing now. My heart is fine but I have high cholesterol. I have been told this two years ago and changed my eating happens but for some reason I still have it... So not sure what to do. My Mr. Leela said that there are foods that help get rid of it, so I will see which these are. So far I have taken care of what meats I eat and for a long time I took very good care of the nr of eggs per week. Also I eat almost no fast food or processed food (apart from once a week) and I don't have greasy food etc. Not much cheese, almost no milk or cream... Really not sure why it is still high. Not life threatening high but I'd like to get a grip on it before it is too late. My grandfather had two strokes because of it and he did not listen to doctors...

Other weight loss related things. Well I have been good most of the time with the food. Worked a weekend, and when I work weekend, I do like me a sweet thing that is not fruit.
Most of the time I am either below or just at my caloric needs.

Theoretically I should not be gaining weight but I cannot check because I have no scale. I just know I am fat. So now I simply checked how fat I am at my fattest place at the belly. I found that I am really fucking fat and honestly the more I try losing, the fatter I feel. I don't know why that is... Anyway, I have this measuring tape. And I wanna make a thing to give me a visual of my weight loss. I hope it works. I wanna measure all around my fattest spot at the belly and draw that length on a thing. And once a month I wanna measure again.
143.5cm / aprox 56in atm... meh. Well here we go all shamefully fat but sometimes a shock therapy helps I guess.

Weird thing is that there are parts of my body that just don't get fatter. And even weirder, most of my fat is at my belly. Everything else on me looks just normal. Maybe because I didn't used to be big and only became this colossus in the past few years.

Anyway, I kept the exercize up. I cycle to work and walk home. Lately I have a bit of more issues with my lungs again so I can only take the stairs when my lungs feel fit for it which is not often right now. Always hoping that the lungs will get better when I lose weight too. Though it didn't get worse when I got fat. Only got worse after a very intense course of antibiotics. hm hm

- Wotsefack?! -