My transgender daughter.....

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-07-2013, 01:26 PM
RE: My transgender daughter.....
You're right! Fuck em! None of my friends have gone through that -- that I know of. But I certainly wouldn't stop being their friend because of it (unless they came down hard and were completely unaccepting of it -- then I would have issues).

Big huge hugs to you and yours.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-07-2013, 01:33 PM
Sounds like a gem of a family you have there. Warms my heart!
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
15-07-2013, 01:37 PM
I hope you are journaling this experience...it could be of great help to others. At the very least a wonderful testament to your love to hand down to your child.

You are a good mom.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-07-2013, 01:41 PM
I had a friend, male when we met and for years to come, then turn around and tell me he was really female and he went through the transformation.

I had no issues understanding and being supportive, what I had issues with is thinking and speaking she instead of he, and calling her by her new name.

For some time I had to watch my tongue carefully around her so old habits didn't crop up and have me use the wrong gender or name. Especially since such slips of the tongue were hurtful to her.

Maybe it's just me, but getting the name and terminology correct was the hardest part. A creature of habit, the wrong thing kept wanting to slip out for some time (not anymore, it's natural now).

And yes, it is a bit like someone died and was replaced - but not really - an odd feeling.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-07-2013, 01:52 PM
(15-07-2013 12:58 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  The suicide rate among transgender people is around 40% so the choice for a mom is bringing flowers to the grave site of a son or giving flowers to a living daughter for her birthday. I choose the birthdays.

This literally sent shivers up my spine. It's so true, but it's so real and frightening. You're an amazing mother and parent, and your story is really inspirational. If only other parents of gay and transgendered children were as open to acceptance and understanding as you and your husband. Surely it's hard, but you'd think any parent that loved their child would allow themselves to adjust to anything, instead of kicking their child to the curb. Unfortunately, we don't have that many people with big hearts like you do. This was literally one of the most beautiful, awesome stories I've heard.

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
15-07-2013, 02:34 PM
(15-07-2013 01:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I hope you are journaling this experience...it could be of great help to others. At the very least a wonderful testament to your love to hand down to your child.

You are a good mom.

Thank you for the compliment but what other choice did I have? I could have killed my son with rejection or accepted her with life. As for a journal I haven't really recorded anything. It's only been recently that I've been able to tell several people about our daughter. It is very fresh in my mind though and I may start writing things down. Most of my very close friends are fine with it but some of the more distant friends that are rather snide and cold. Those particular friends are the ones that, as Monty Python said " I fart in your general direction". So there!

Shakespeare Insult 13 – Henry IV Part 1
“That trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?”
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
15-07-2013, 02:48 PM
There are, sadly, people who don't/didn't make the choice you did.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
15-07-2013, 02:59 PM
(15-07-2013 02:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There are, sadly, people who don't/didn't make the choice you did.

That is sooo true and very sad.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

15-07-2013, 05:24 PM
Thread Split

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
15-07-2013, 05:26 PM