My transgender daughters car window was shot with a BB gun

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2016, 02:39 PM
My transgender daughters car window was shot with a BB gun
We just looked at my transgender daughters car this morning and found the back window was shot with a B B gun.

The evening of the election many of the neighbors set off fireworks celebrating trump winning. This could potentially be a hate crime, we don't know. It might just be some stupid neighborhood kids. I hope so. I don't think any of the neighbors know she's transgender because she looks female and most of the neighbors are new to the area but there are a couple neighbors that may know she's transgender. I don't know whether to report this as a hate crime or not.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2016, 02:45 PM
RE: My transgender daughters car window was shot with a BB gun
(19-11-2016 02:39 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  We just looked at my transgender daughters car this morning and found the back window was shot with a B B gun.

The evening of the election many of the neighbors set off fireworks celebrating trump winning. This could potentially be a hate crime, we don't know. It might just be some stupid neighborhood kids. I hope so. I don't think any of the neighbors know she's transgender because she looks female and most of the neighbors are new to the area but there are a couple neighbors that may know she's transgender. I don't know whether to report this as a hate crime or not.

Just report it and let the police decide what it is?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
19-11-2016, 02:48 PM
I don't know what to say. I'd photograph it, report it to the police, but not as a hate crime. If it escalates, then if you do obtain proof, it can hopefully be investigated. In the meantime...

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

19-11-2016, 02:49 PM
(19-11-2016 02:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(19-11-2016 02:39 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  We just looked at my transgender daughters car this morning and found the back window was shot with a B B gun.

I don't know if I'd mention the transgender part, it might bring unwanted attention.

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-11-2016, 02:53 PM
(19-11-2016 02:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  

I just don't think any of our neighbors know about her. There might be one neighbor who is aware of her transition but it's hard to tell. I've only had a couple of conversations with them. We are in a pocket of redneck types who like to fix their cars on their front lawns. It gives the neighborhood such a great look.

Anyway, we're not sure if it's a hate crime or just some dumb teenager being stupid with a b b gun.

19-11-2016, 02:57 PM
Hopefully it's just a stupid property crime. Hug
19-11-2016, 02:58 PM
(19-11-2016 02:53 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(19-11-2016 02:45 PM)Dom Wrote:  Just report it and let the police decide what it is?

I just don't think any of our neighbors know about her. There might be one neighbor who is aware of her transition but it's hard to tell. I've only had a couple of conversations with them. We are in a pocket of redneck types who like to fix their cars on their front lawns. It gives the neighborhood such a great look.

Anyway, we're not sure if it's a hate crime or just some dumb teenager being stupid with a b b gun.

My concern is if you do report it, mentioning your daughter is transgender, the police might investigate it, talking to your neighbors. If they aren't aware your daughter is transgender they will be made aware of it.

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-11-2016, 03:02 PM
(19-11-2016 02:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-11-2016 02:53 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I just don't think any of our neighbors know about her. There might be one neighbor who is aware of her transition but it's hard to tell. I've only had a couple of conversations with them. We are in a pocket of redneck types who like to fix their cars on their front lawns. It gives the neighborhood such a great look.

My concern is if you do report it, mentioning your daughter is transgender, the police might investigate it, talking to your neighbors. If they aren't aware your daughter is transgender they will be made aware of it.

Yes, we're going to keep that information under wraps. I think it was just idiot teenagers........I hope it was anyway.

[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
19-11-2016, 03:02 PM
(19-11-2016 02:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-11-2016 02:53 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I just don't think any of our neighbors know about her. There might be one neighbor who is aware of her transition but it's hard to tell. I've only had a couple of conversations with them. We are in a pocket of redneck types who like to fix their cars on their front lawns. It gives the neighborhood such a great look.

^^This.

Just report it as a simple vandalism and let the cops find out what they can. No need to bring up gender at this time.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
19-11-2016, 03:04 PM
Report it as a regular crime. If the cause really is your daughter, and if an arrest is made, the perps will probably say so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes jabeady's post