"My tribe is older than your bullshit, lady."

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2012, 07:16 PM
RE: "My tribe is older than your bullshit, lady."
(08-12-2012 04:26 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Went to the Lincoln Christmas Market today because, frankly it's amazing. It's like York saturday market times 100, but anyway.

Went along with my family who are, sadly, mormons. There was a couple of incidents with their stupidity, but the first and the funniest one was when we came across a group of Native American musicians who were playing flutes and drums and doing dances. After a minute or so of watching them my mother started loudly talking about how they are Lamanites and saying things like "They've come a long way since they were wiping out the original white Americans", and she carried on like this for about 5 minutes until the song ended and the younger of the two elder men went around the parameter of their stage area showing off their CDs and trying to sell to people. When he got around to my family my mother whipped out a fresh new Book of Mormon, still in its plastic cover and stopped the poor man, starting to explain about "the history of the Lamanites" and "if you want to know what your tribe was doing hundreds of years ago this is the book you should read"
The man nodded softly and listened to her, then when she'd finished talking about 'Lamanites' he said very calmly, "The scrawling of a racist redman killer and his fictional history of my 'evil' people doesn't sound like a good read to me. My tribe is older than your bullshit, lady. But, if you'd like to buy my CD..."
She didn't reply to this, she just stormed off down the road, she was then very angry at me because I bought his CD right away and told him it would be a good book to read to know your enemy at least. Now she's not talking to me or my father because he refused to take her side and of course I basically joined in when she got pwnd. xD
It really makes me feel good when people can defend themselves like that, but it perplexes me how someone could be so ignorant that they'd think someone would welcome a religion which lies about their history and claims they are all born evil.

There was another small incident later in the day at a fossil stall which was more embarrassing than funny.
My sister picked up a fossil and asked what is was. It was some sort of shell fish from about 200 million years ago, to which my sister replied in a very condescending tone, "But it's not 200 million years old is it? That's just what you say to sell it to people isn't it?". The man at the stall looked at her for a moment then said, "I have the authenticity certificates from the natural history museum, they come with any of the large fossils. I assure you none of these are reproductions. They're as old as they say they are."
My sister then said very loudly, "How can these be millions of years old when the earth has only been here for 7000 years?"
the man at the stall sighed loudly, shook his head and said, "if you're not going to buy anything would you please move away from the stall."

I apologized to the man for her as she went off to tell my mother, who thought it was brilliant and the fossil seller had "really been shown"

I abhor stupid people, unfortunately atheists can be just as stupid when it comes to cultures or religions that they do not understand. I am sorry you are in a family like that, UGH.

I personally love Native american music, R carlos Nakai is my favorite. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2012, 09:49 PM
I now feel really lucky having grown up with the. family that I have. WOW. just wow

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
09-12-2012, 03:05 AM
@Cetaceaphile Aw, man! I feel for you. And people wonder why atheists feel the need to be outspoken and to fight religion. That kind of sick behavior is not a natural occurrence. Religion is the only thing in the world that manages to turn regular people into retards with high self-esteem and confidence levels.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post
09-12-2012, 05:55 AM
(08-12-2012 04:26 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Went to the Lincoln Christmas Market today because, frankly it's amazing. It's like York saturday market times 100, but anyway.

Went along with my family who are, sadly, mormons. There was a couple of incidents with their stupidity, but the first and the funniest one was when we came across a group of Native American musicians who were playing flutes and drums and doing dances. After a minute or so of watching them my mother started loudly talking about how they are Lamanites and saying things like "They've come a long way since they were wiping out the original white Americans", and she carried on like this for about 5 minutes until the song ended and the younger of the two elder men went around the parameter of their stage area showing off their CDs and trying to sell to people. When he got around to my family my mother whipped out a fresh new Book of Mormon, still in its plastic cover and stopped the poor man, starting to explain about "the history of the Lamanites" and "if you want to know what your tribe was doing hundreds of years ago this is the book you should read"
The man nodded softly and listened to her, then when she'd finished talking about 'Lamanites' he said very calmly, "The scrawling of a racist redman killer and his fictional history of my 'evil' people doesn't sound like a good read to me. My tribe is older than your bullshit, lady. But, if you'd like to buy my CD..."
She didn't reply to this, she just stormed off down the road, she was then very angry at me because I bought his CD right away and told him it would be a good book to read to know your enemy at least. Now she's not talking to me or my father because he refused to take her side and of course I basically joined in when she got pwnd. xD
It really makes me feel good when people can defend themselves like that, but it perplexes me how someone could be so ignorant that they'd think someone would welcome a religion which lies about their history and claims they are all born evil.

There was another small incident later in the day at a fossil stall which was more embarrassing than funny.
My sister picked up a fossil and asked what is was. It was some sort of shell fish from about 200 million years ago, to which my sister replied in a very condescending tone, "But it's not 200 million years old is it? That's just what you say to sell it to people isn't it?". The man at the stall looked at her for a moment then said, "I have the authenticity certificates from the natural history museum, they come with any of the large fossils. I assure you none of these are reproductions. They're as old as they say they are."
My sister then said very loudly, "How can these be millions of years old when the earth has only been here for 7000 years?"
the man at the stall sighed loudly, shook his head and said, "if you're not going to buy anything would you please move away from the stall."

I apologized to the man for her as she went off to tell my mother, who thought it was brilliant and the fossil seller had "really been shown"

They just think they're doing their part to explain the 'truth'......and never realize they look like a horse's ass in the process.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
11-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Simply Awesome Stories - thanks
12-12-2012, 04:12 AM
The brain is strong with the old man.

Not with your relatives though, it seems. No offence.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.