My trip to the zoo.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2014, 05:28 PM
RE: My trip to the zoo.
(06-05-2014 01:49 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 01:40 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'd totally try to pet the peacock Tongue

Nah, but I saw one trying to get some sex.

Here's a white peacock trying to get the attention of a couple of peahens. They don't seem to give a shit.

Paleo, is this an albino peacock or just a white one? It's beeeeeaaaautiful.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2014, 05:32 PM
(08-05-2014 05:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 01:49 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Nah, but I saw one trying to get some sex.

Here's a white peacock trying to get the attention of a couple of peahens. They don't seem to give a shit.

They never get a good closeup on it to say for sure but I think it is just white. It did not seem to have red eyes which is one of the identifying features of an albino.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
08-05-2014, 05:32 PM
(08-05-2014 05:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 01:49 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Nah, but I saw one trying to get some sex.

No it is a genetic mutation, like a white tiger.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Sounds like a good time, paleo! I need to get out to our local zoo. There is a section where wallabies just hop out in the open. I wanna pet one, but those buggers don't let you get close enough!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
08-05-2014, 06:02 PM
(08-05-2014 05:59 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Sounds like a good time, paleo! I need to get out to our local zoo. There is a section where wallabies just hop out in the open. I wanna pet one, but those buggers don't let you get close enough!

If you don't live in south jersey or philly you are sol.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-05-2014, 06:04 PM
(08-05-2014 05:32 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 05:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Here's a white peacock trying to get the attention of a couple of peahens. They don't seem to give a shit.

No it is a genetic mutation, like a white tiger.

This is kinda off topic but why is it that so many females of the species ignore the male who's doing their level best to attract the female. I mean that white peacock is stunning but the gals pay no attention to the poor fella. I'm female and have been known to do the same thing as those picky peahens...... And sometimes I don't feel bad about it either.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
08-05-2014, 06:06 PM
(08-05-2014 06:04 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 05:32 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  No it is a genetic mutation, like a white tiger.

This is kinda off topic but why is it that so many females of the species ignore the male who's doing their level best to attract the female. I mean that white peacock is stunning but the gals pay no attention to the poor fella. I'm female and have been known to do the same thing as those picky peahens...... And sometimes I don't feel bad about it either.

Its no different then that guy with the red eyes, it freaks most people out. What we call normal in animals is weird to the animal of that species. Plus peahens always do that.

08-05-2014, 06:56 PM
(08-05-2014 06:04 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 05:32 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  No it is a genetic mutation, like a white tiger.

Interestingly enough, many birds are able to see in ultraviolet, and if I recall the peacock is among them. I image that white peacock of yours would be among the most boring of things to the females, even if he is a novelty to us humans as we don't have the benefit of seeing the normal males, as fabulous as they are to us, in their light.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
10-05-2014, 08:13 AM
(06-05-2014 01:36 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Feeding baby pigs always puts a smile on my face. Thumbsup

Eating baby pigs always puts a smile on my face. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-05-2014, 09:48 AM
(10-05-2014 08:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-05-2014 01:36 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Feeding baby pigs always puts a smile on my face. Thumbsup

Eating baby pigs always puts a smile on my face. Thumbsup

[Image: Made20bacon.png]