My uncle died today...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2016, 05:44 PM
My uncle died today...
My uncle died suddenly of a heart attack this morning. My grandmother walked in on him face down in a pool of his own vomit. He didn't take good care of himself so it shouldn't be a great shock, but it still is. This is the third immediate family member of mine to die suddenly in the last 8 years and I'm 24. My grandfather at 16, my dad at 21, and now my uncle. My uncle was really more of a father to me than my own dad was. He did things with me, he helped me when I needed it, he came to all of my big events. This is just making me feel completely number. I'm trying to be strong for my grandmother because the woman is 75 years old and does not need more stress. Now I'm scared the stress of the situation will get to her. It's all just insane to me. It feels like I've crawled out of my skin and I'm watching all of it from outside my body.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2016, 05:51 PM
RE: My uncle died today...
My condolences, so sorry for your loss. Comfort her and yourself any way that works. Hope the rest of your family helps out. Hug

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
02-03-2016, 09:53 PM
Very sorry to hear. Hang in there.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
02-03-2016, 09:55 PM
Hug

So sorry, that sucks. Be strong.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-03-2016, 10:13 PM
Sorry Undecided That's horrible Sad

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
02-03-2016, 10:29 PM
Much condolences.

Hug