My uncle murdered during home burglary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-01-2012, 08:07 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 08:27 PM by ddrew.)
My uncle murdered during home burglary
My Uncle ... His name is James... I called him Uncle Jim in my youth.. and just Jim in my adulthood.

Now just a little bit about my past so it puts into view the value that I held for this man. My father didn't stick around.. leaving my mother to raise me on her own.. There was no father in the house thus ... no father figure. My two uncles played their role in support of their sister, my mother, in filling in as the father figures. While I identified them as my uncles.. they played the fatherly role that I was missing. My two uncles, John, my mother's younger brother, and Jim, mom's older brother, took their turns through out my adolesence being there from time to time when they could visit.. or take me camping and so on... And when I had both of them together.. fuck yeah! That was the best times with my uncles.. two brothers up to their mischief with their nephew.. hahaha.. good times.

I lost my mother to a disease called Lupis the day after I turned 17. I then lost the youngest uncle, John, to a scuba diving accident 8 months later. He got caught in a bed of kelp and somehow he lost the breathing regulator from this mouth.. From then on it was the eldest brother that stepped up as role of "Father" in my life. He played the role well.. and he was the one I rebelled against. I actually got into a few fist fights with him during that time. He kicked my ass.. I took it... but was angry and blamed him.. I mean why not? That's what teenage adolesents do right?

Through the next 19 years my relationship with him healed.. A good healing period was when he suffered a motorcycle accident and lost his left leg. Amputated from the knee down. I was there for him for moral support through that rough time he was going through. A few years later he found himself a wife, some lady from the Philippines with a young 1 year old daughter (9 years ago). He decided to move to the Philippines with his wife and new daughter where he's been living since...

Today I received a letter that read:

Dear Daniel,

Please call me as soon as possible upon receiving this letter. I have some important information regarding your Uncle Jim in the Philippines.

Sincerely,

Ron S.

I called the number he provided and got in touch with him. He said, "Daniel, thanks for getting a'hold of me... I have some bad news about your uncle in the Philippines... Jim was murdered during a burglary in the middle of the night during x-mas eve. They are saying that the intruder hit him in the head with a steel pipe."

I asked how his wife and daugher were doing... He said "The daughter is heartbroken.. she lost her Papa that she's known since she was 1 years old, his wife... well she's the main suspect." I tried to ask Ron more questions but he was travelling back south to L.A. from some legal hearing meeting in San Francisco and was having bad reception on his cell phone. I've arranged to have a more informative talk with him over the phone Saturday morning. Apparently Ron is some attorney that my uncle was friends with.

This is all I know for now.. My Uncle... my father role model... is gone. Me and my son are the only surviving members of this family's generation. I'll know more about what is happening this comming Saturday. To be honest... I've seen enough of my family die through the years that I thought I'd be numb to the pain of loss... The truth is.... it still fucking hurts.. I've wept, my eyes have been swollen with tears while writing this post.. My father figure has been dead for about a week and half and I'm just now finding out about it. I loved him. I wish I could have at least expressed my gratitude to him for filling my father's shoes through the years.

I'm going to drown my sorrows with a bottle of rum... I know it's not the healthy thing to do... but it's what I need to do.. Talk to you all soon.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2012, 08:11 PM
RE: My uncle murdered during home burglary
(05-01-2012 08:07 PM)ddrew Wrote:  My Uncle ... His name is James... I called him Uncle Jim in my youth.. and just Jim in my adulthood.
I'm going to drown my sorrows with a bottle of rum... I know it's not the healthy thing to do... but it's what I need to do.. Talk to you all soon.

I am so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-01-2012, 08:15 PM
(05-01-2012 08:07 PM)ddrew Wrote:  I've wept, my eyes have been swollen with tears while writing this post.

Bob weeps with you, Daniel.

(05-01-2012 08:07 PM)ddrew Wrote:  I'm going to drown my sorrows with a bottle of rum... I know it's not the healthy thing to do... but it's what I need to do.. Talk to you all soon.

Can't think of anything else to do but that.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
05-01-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm very sorry to hear of your awful news, ddrew.

What is wrong with the people of this earth? How can one even contemplate taking anothers' life... I guess some are still more animal than others!

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
05-01-2012, 09:11 PM
Dude I'm sorry. This seems to be a growing issue for the members of our little forum family. I can only tell you that if you need anything just ask.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
05-01-2012, 09:13 PM
That's terrible, I'm so sorry man. That's awful. Sad
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
05-01-2012, 09:31 PM
My condolences.
The world is a horrible place, cruel people shattering families with no regard, but there will always be people like us who will support you throughout these turbulent times.
Please take care.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post
05-01-2012, 10:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 11:41 PM by ddrew.)
Thank you very much for the replies so far....

As I said .. I'll be having a more in depth talk with Ron comming Saturday about the events surrounding my Uncle Jim.

For now I'm drunk as a skunk... I can't feel a thing.... That's what I want.. I felt enough already today... I learned many years ago through the counseling after my mother and younger uncle's death that I need to express what I'm feeling ... write it out.. talk to someone about it... I must express myself... best way to go through the grief process. This is what I'm doing here.... I feel comfortable within this forum.. I am comfortable with the company this forum represents...

Thank you all for the support.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
05-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Found the news article reguarding my Uncle... fucking crap!

http://news.ph.msn.com/regional/article....id=5691378

06-01-2012, 01:11 AM
Ah Ddrew that's rough man. Will be thinking of you.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post