My uncle murdered during home burglary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2012, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 01:19 AM by kim.)
RE: My uncle murdered during home burglary
Ddrew, I'm so sorry for you and the loss of your father Jim.
Please try to keep well. Drinking kills a lot of feeling, but don't let it stop you from truly expressing your pain.

Looks like the media report and what you were initially advised seem to differ... I hope that will be cleared up when you speak to the lawyer on Saturday. While you're waiting, it might be a good idea to write down things that come to mind -questions you might want to ask, things you might need to say. Getting such long-distance information might cause you to feel very detached, so having some questions or thoughts ready, might help you focus.

Quote:I wish I could have at least expressed my gratitude to him for filling my father's shoes through the years.

I'm sure he felt your love -especially when you helped him recover after the motorcycle accident. Even if it seemed like a short time together, you have been lucky to have had such a wonderful family... when the going got tough, banding together seemed the natural thing. I'm sure both your uncles, and especially Jim taught you to be the father you are to your own boy.

Even if you don't feel like it, try to get some good food in your stomach, and make sure you get a good amount of sleep. Shock & stress can lower your resistance -that's something you don't need at this time.
Heart Please keep healthy -and you always know you can hang with us here if you need to talk.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
06-01-2012, 01:37 AM
Hey Bro, I'm just now seeing this. I'm heart-broken for you, my friend. I would echo what Kim said about the confidence you can have that your uncle was aware of your love and respect. You can't have a relationship with someone that long and that strong without knowing it.

Do a bunch of blubbering, it helps. Drink a little less booze and a lot more water. Know that you have people here and elsewhere who understand your emotion and loss.

{Big man hugs, Brother}.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
06-01-2012, 01:40 AM
I can't imagine your shock and grief right now. Definitely here to listen, or try to help in anyway. My thoughts are with you. Sad
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
06-01-2012, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 03:01 PM by ddrew.)
(06-01-2012 01:15 AM)kim Wrote:  Looks like the media report and what you were initially advised seem to differ... I hope that will be cleared up when you speak to the lawyer on Saturday.

Quote:I wish I could have at least expressed my gratitude to him for filling my father's shoes through the years.

I'm sure he felt your love -especially when you helped him recover after the motorcycle accident. Even if it seemed like a short time together, you have been lucky to have had such a wonderful family... when the going got tough, banding together seemed the natural thing. I'm sure both your uncles, and especially Jim taught you to be the father you are to your own boy.

Yeah ... I found the news report after I posted the OP... typical how the news will get a story that differs from what your told yerself... Reading just that news story people would be lead to believe that he was an amputee due to some war while in service of the U.S. Marines. When the truth is far from it.. that it was a motorcycle accident many many years after he was out of the marines.. He lost his leg 10 years ago.

and yes... I do find similar traits of how I raise my son a mirror of how my Uncle helped raise me...

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post
06-01-2012, 02:09 AM
Very sorry man, my most sincere condolences to you. Do not worry, you have here a lot of people (including me) who are willing to listen/read if you feel the need to talk to someone.

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like MasterRottweiler's post
06-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Hey Ddrew

It’s hard to imagine the world as it was before you heard the news now, I guess.
I know...
I'm poring a drink here too. It’s strong Belgian beer though. I'd say: let's share, but there's about 10000 KM of gap between us.

We both share something anyway...

Can I ask you something?
Is it the powerlessness that hurts you the most as well?
That incredible sadness that overwhelms you with the thought that nothing can be done or said anymore?

we might not believe in a God as atheists,
but if I DO believe something, then it'll be in the power of you as a man to overcome this and to get life going again for you and your son.

Cheers Daniel!
Cheers uncle Jim! Here's to responsibility you took in raising your sisters child! Respect!

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 5 users Like Observer's post
06-01-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Take care and don't hold back grieving and letting your feelings out. My thoughts go out to you.
[+] 1 user Likes scientician's post
06-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Im so sorry to hear about your uncle. You will be in my thoughts friend.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
06-01-2012, 01:56 PM
I am so sorry for your loss ddrew.
Keep the good memories. I am sure you have a lot.
Your uncle Jim did a good job in being your father figure.

I am raising my glass with the observer and ddrew.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Leela's post
06-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Oh man, I am very sorry for your loss. Please take care of yourself.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post