My unfortunate last name.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2017, 09:21 PM
RE: My unfortunate last name.
Quote:So my last name is Barabas.

You could change it to something xtians find less offensive. Like "Hitler."

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
18-04-2017, 10:27 PM
(18-04-2017 09:21 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:So my last name is Barabas.

You could change it to something xtians find less offensive. Like "Hitler."

Most Xtians don't hate it. Their in love with it. Like it confirming some sort of blood line.

It plays out like this.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
18-04-2017, 10:54 PM
Does anyone remember phone books?? I used to entertain myself by looking up funny names and laughing hysterically. Some of the last names I remember. Lipschitz, Christmas and Turnupseed.

I remember there was a politician or some sort of city official down in Los Angeles who was a doctor and his last name was Doctor. Once in awhile the press would interview this guy and on the TV screen the'd have his name listed as Dr. Doctor.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
19-04-2017, 05:59 AM
(18-04-2017 10:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Does anyone remember phone books?? I used to entertain myself by looking up funny names and laughing hysterically. Some of the last names I remember. Lipschitz, Christmas and Turnupseed.

I remember there was a politician or some sort of city official down in Los Angeles who was a doctor and his last name was Doctor. Once in awhile the press would interview this guy and on the TV screen the'd have his name listed as Dr. Doctor.

If I have to suffer the earworm the rest of you do as well!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
19-04-2017, 06:43 AM
For what it's worth, at least none of you are named Rape. When I was in grad school, a Mormon colleague hosted game night. On occasion we had missionaries there, and once we had a kid who in a few weeks was going to be sent out on his mission. I asked if maybe it was pronounced another way, but nope, it was rape. So for about two years, somewhere, there was a kid knocking on old people's doors going, "Hello my name is Elder Rape and I want to talk to you about Jesus."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
19-04-2017, 06:48 AM
(19-04-2017 06:43 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  "Hello my name is Elder Rape... "
. ..and me and my brother, Younger Rape, would like to talk to you about Jesus. Blink

Obligatory:

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
19-04-2017, 07:23 AM
"It's nice in here, indoors..."

"No that's the one Jesus told about the Samaritan helping someone else."

This had me laughing nonstop, thanks!

Also laughed at the Younger Rape thing. It weirds me out, tbh, that the Mormons call their missionaries "Elder". It's like, "no, you're 19 years old. You're not elder anything." But only the men, the women are "Sister". Tongue

--

Also towards the OP, my first name is spelled with either one L or two Ls; I spell it with one. This has not stopped even some relatives from mis-spelling my name for 30 years now. Yes

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-04-2017, 07:41 AM
(19-04-2017 06:43 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  For what it's worth, at least none of you are named Rape. When I was in grad school, a Mormon colleague hosted game night. On occasion we had missionaries there, and once we had a kid who in a few weeks was going to be sent out on his mission. I asked if maybe it was pronounced another way, but nope, it was rape. So for about two years, somewhere, there was a kid knocking on old people's doors going, "Hello my name is Elder Rape and I want to talk to you about Jesus."

If he was catholic he would have been Father Rape. Tongue

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
19-04-2017, 07:43 AM
I just remembered. My father was a elementary school principal and his school secretary was named Mary Butts. The kids sure had fun with that name.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
19-04-2017, 07:51 AM
(18-04-2017 06:35 PM)Ro3bert Wrote:  My last name is Wichmann. Shouldn't be able to fuck that up Right? Wrong.

Since this seems to be of German origin, it comes pretty close to one German term for "Wanker". Only an "s" between "Wich" and "Mann" is needed to go there. So yes, I'm pretty sure you can fuck that name up.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]