My very belated review of the food Hughsie sent me

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2014, 01:39 PM
My very belated review of the food Hughsie sent me
Pardon the delay. Here's a list of the foods and candies (mostly candies) Hughsie has mailed to me, and my personal opinions of them. Items highlighted in green are by far my favorites.

Angel

Minstrels: Pretty fucking awesome, I enjoyed them.

Wispa: Straight up chocolate, nothing else. How Hughsie's fat ass eats these constantly, I have no idea. When we would play Borderlands together, he'd constantly be eating these, and after trying one myself, I don't see how he could do it. Too much chocolate in one little bar for me.

Maltesers: These are just like whoppers.

Fabulous Fingers: They were quite fabulous. I see why they call them fabulous over the originals.

Fingers: They were okay. I see why they're not called fabulous though.

Wagon Wheels: Wasn't a big fan. They're like the really dumb cousin of Moon pies.

Cadbury Creme egg: We have these around Easter, but any other time of the year you can't really find them. They were nice, a bit too sweet and creme filled for my taste though.

Maoam (Stripes/Mini's/Pinballs/Joystix/Giants): Holy mother of earth Jesus big butt shit I can't even. These are the best things I have ever had in my life. Of the three packages Hughsie has sent me (the third being mainly of things I wanted more of from the first two boxes) these are the best god damn things of them all. They're perfect and addicting and I am pretty depressed they're not in America due to the wrappings being "too sexual." I still have a lot left, because Hughsie sent me so much. I'm probably going to die of depression when I finally eat the very last one.

Haribo Starmix: These were quite nice. We have Haribo here, but I don't think there's a wide variety or many places that have them here, and I don't think we have the starmix specifically.

Walkers Cheese & Onion Crisps: Holy mother of awesomeness, I loved these so much. I got two little bags in two separate packages, and the second one I got had a hole in it? But did I care? A little, honestly, but I still ate them because they're good as hell.

Super Noodles (BBQ Beef, Chicken, Beef & Onion, Sizzling King Prawn): More like not-so-super compared to amazing, unhealthy American noodles, but they were still pretty nice. I enjoyed the variety of flavors.

Aero (Mint, Orange, Chocolate): These were pretty awesome too, I really enjoyed them. Of the three Hughsie sent me, I'd have to say the mint flavor was my favorite. The texture of the filling is what got me. It's all bubbly and perfect.

Werther's original butter candies: I only recently noticed that we have these here (locally, because I live in bumfuck Egypt) but they were pretty bad ass. They remind me of the little wrapped up candies you find in old peoples' home, but still pretty nice.

Polo's (Spearmint, Original): Just mints really. I liked the spearmint over the original. I left one of the packs half unwrapped on my end tables and one of my mom's dumb chihuahua's took it upon themselves to eat what they could before I noticed and got really angry and defensive of mints.

Chocolate Orange: What is it with chocolate and oranges? Around here, that isn't a thing, but god damn I wish it was. This thing was pretty awesome. I couldn't pull a Hughsie an eat all of it in one sitting though. Way too much chocolate for my capacity.

Jaffa Cakes: Fucking serious? More chocolate and oranges? I loved these little shits. I had to get Hughsie to send me more because they were just that good. Very interesting and different and I hate that America is dumb and doesn't have them here.

Bueno: Second best to Maoam, I absolutely loved these things. In the wise words of Hughsie, they're basically an "orgasm in a chocolate bar."

Ripple: Very weird texture, just how the candy bar itself was made was really weird. It was okay, really rich too.

Twirl: Again, the texture was very odd. I really enjoyed it. Super rich though, and too much at once would make me want to die of a chocolate heart attack.

Mars: We have them here, but different kinds. Pretty badass chocolate bar overall.

Vimto: I couldn't eat it because it was raspberry flavored and I'm allergic to raspberries. Fuck you, Hughsie.

Galaxy Chocolate & Caramel: Really rich, extremely nice, I couldn't eat them all by myself so I shared with my mom and sister.

Cadbury Chocolate & Caramel: Not as rich as Galaxy, but still extremely nice. I shared them with my sister. Like the Creme eggs, we have Cadbury here, but they're not abundant. Maybe it's just where I live.

Lindt Excellence: Pretty excellent, but at this point (if you couldn't already assume) I was dying of chocolate asphyxiation. I shared them with my mom. Recently found a store that has them, though they're also not abundant.

Eclairs: God damn these things are awesome. I'd have to say they're on the top favs with Jaffacakes and Maoam. Hughsie sent me two whole bags of them in my third package and I prayed to them every night until I had devoured them all.

After Eight: Pretty great. They remind me of York Peppermint patties.

Ferrero Rocher: I think we have these here also. They taste just like Nutella in my opinion. Extremely nice. They were destroyed in an entire night, if I remember correctly.

Crunchie: Ehhhhhhhh, I wasn't a big fan. The taste wasn't bad, it was just really odd. I think the main thing that caught me off guard was the texture of the honeycomb center.

Flake: Reminds me a lot of the Ripple and the Twirl. Very nice, but also extremely chocolatey. Too much at once would kill my stomach.

And that is my review of how I've been chocolatey wasted over the past couple of months.

Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Ferdinand's post
05-05-2014, 01:51 PM
RE: My very belated review of the food Hughsie sent me
Finally! Dodgy

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
05-05-2014, 01:52 PM
(05-05-2014 01:51 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Finally! Dodgy

You're a bitch.
05-05-2014, 03:51 PM
I love wispa bars. They were discontinued for several years and brought back by popular demand. I remember coming across a vending machine that after having conned me out of money in past was selling them for 10 pence each. So I emptied the entire machine of about 40 bars.

Jaffa cakes are also awesome. There used to be a type of Jaffa cake made by another company that was very similar but with white chocolate. Pims I think they were called. They were gorgeous. Unfortunately they must have been discontinued because I haven't seen them in like a decade. I once took several packs of Jaffa cakes up a mountain once for a wild camping trip. Unfortunately all the chocolate got knocked off and they ended up rather dry. Then my husband's knee gave out and he had to hobble back for miles and even though I was really hungry I got fed up of Jaffa cakes because that's all I had.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
05-05-2014, 03:58 PM
I think I need Aero in all three flavors and Jaffa cakes. Drooling

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Eclairs are my all time favourites. Addictive.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
05-05-2014, 04:32 PM
(05-05-2014 03:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I think I need Aero in all three flavors and Jaffa cakes. Drooling

OMG! They sell them on Amazon...I so have to get some.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-05-2014, 04:34 PM
(05-05-2014 04:27 PM)Marozz Wrote:  Eclairs are my all time favourites. Addictive.

I destroyed two bags in a matter of days. Good times, man, good times...

(05-05-2014 04:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-05-2014 03:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I think I need Aero in all three flavors and Jaffa cakes. Drooling

OMG! They sell them on Amazon...I so have to get some.

Reasons why Anj is my fav. Shy
05-05-2014, 04:37 PM

You can probably get Pim's in the grocery. We have them here. They come in different flavors.

[Image: 41ecejXZnkL.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2014, 04:39 PM
I love the flavor combination of orange and chocolate. My grandmother used to get orange jelly sticks that were covered in dark chocolate...I think that's where my love of those flavors together started.