My very first attempts at astrophotography

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
06-09-2014, 01:38 PM
RE: My very first attempts at astrophotography
The Nebula is simply incredible! I have to say though, I love the Moon shot more than anything ... I actually find it comforting... it's like a perfect portrait of an old best friend.

I'ma use it for my desktop. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2014, 02:19 PM
Wow. These are absolutely amazing! My favorite is the Orion Nebula - beautiful.

Thumbsup

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
18-02-2015, 01:25 AM
Horse head and Flame nebula. Very happy with this one. Color calibration is off a bit on some of the stars but overall... I am quite satisfied.
[Image: GsMHvLL.jpg]

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 11 users Like Logisch's post
18-02-2015, 08:57 AM
(18-02-2015 01:25 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Horse head and Flame nebula. Very happy with this one. Color calibration is off a bit on some of the stars but overall... I am quite satisfied.

Have you joined an astronomy group/club yet? Good way to meet like-minded people.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-02-2015, 12:20 PM
These pictures are incredible! I actually just ordered my first telescope yesterday (an Orion XT8 Plus) and I cannot wait for it to arrive!
18-02-2015, 02:10 PM
(18-02-2015 01:25 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Horse head and Flame nebula. Very happy with this one. Color calibration is off a bit on some of the stars but overall... I am quite satisfied.

So... Good..
18-02-2015, 10:25 PM
(18-02-2015 02:10 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  

So... Good..

Thank you! But that's you, that's me, that's us! It's all a big self portrait. It's why I love it.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
18-02-2015, 10:27 PM
Awesome! I just got a Meade StarNavigator. I don't have the camera adaptor yet, would be pumped to take pics. Im trying to calibrate it still to the night sky, it has a remote control. A bit of a learning curve for me. There is a dark night spot close to my house I was thinking of going to, there is a group there and maybe someone has the same one as me and can show me a bit or I can at least learn something from others.

Your photos are looking great!
20-02-2015, 02:16 PM
2nd go at horsehead, much better. 1600 ISO, 180 second pictures.
[Image: QLXboJ9.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like Logisch's post
24-02-2015, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2015 07:43 PM by Shadow Fox.)
I dont see anything, just thumbnails of a file.

Also, what equiptment do you use for that? I always assumed that only telescopes in outerspace could take pictures of things like that. What are you using?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post