My very first attempts at astrophotography

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-05-2014, 03:44 PM
RE: My very first attempts at astrophotography
(02-05-2014 02:55 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 02:14 PM)Logisch Wrote:  So this is the same picture, same data from the Orion picture (M42) I took on christmas eve. I had asked a fellow redditor if PixInsight was worth it. I'd been looking for a reason to sell myself on buying the software for processing... they offered to use PixInsight to process my photo and sent me back with this... i had to share because HOLY SHIT. That said, all credit for processing on this goes to PixInsightFTW from reddit. Just... damn.

[Image: OnziKRE.jpg]

Side by side the original where I attempted to process it.
[Image: DaagpzA.jpg]

Ohmy that is so cool! Moar please!!

The guy said he is going to process my Andromeda pic as well, so that'll be coming soon.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
02-05-2014, 03:54 PM
wow!!!!!

that is simply beautiful!

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
03-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Very nice!
06-05-2014, 05:13 PM
(27-12-2012 10:19 PM)Logisch Wrote:  So I got my wife adapters for our telescope for christmas and we have a VERY clear view of the moon tonight. This is our first attempts at taking pictures of it so they aren't perfect, but it is definitely something else to see it with your own eyes and take your own pictures. Figured I'd share Smile
Amazing images, Logisch, congratulations on your interesting hobby and thanks for sharing the results. My thanks to Chas also, for his photographs of the moon.

The pictures in the opening post seem to be unavailable, though. Any chance they can be resubmitted?

Have a great day, and a productive night!
05-09-2014, 03:37 AM
Moon from 9-4-2014.
[Image: trOvkXJ.jpg]

My finished bit of the Orion Nebula from Christmas Eve last year now that I've got the workflow of pixinsight down.
[Image: TvcjJ3c.jpg]

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 4 users Like Logisch's post
05-09-2014, 04:35 AM
George took pictures of Astro, I saw that on the Jetsons.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-09-2014, 01:08 PM
I don't see any of the pictures. I tried clicking on them but all I see is a small rectangle with the picture logo on it.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
06-09-2014, 01:10 PM
(06-09-2014 01:08 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I don't see any of the pictures. I tried clicking on them but all I see is a small rectangle with the picture logo on it.

Some of the stuff at the beginning of the thread is expired. But the last 4-5 pages still has some stuff. Can you not see post #85?

06-09-2014, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014 01:22 PM by Logisch.)
Here's some of the old stuff that was expired.

M13 globular cluster (no correction or stacking)
[Image: jrgkG6b.jpg]

M51 galaxy, processed in pixinsight. Never figured out what the streak was, likely a satellite or something that got into the photo.
[Image: gCVIzn2.jpg]

M13, stacked and corrected in pixinsight (sorry for the noise)
[Image: 6K1aEWa.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like Logisch's post
06-09-2014, 01:21 PM
Gasp these are so amazing!!!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta