My weight loss journey so far

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-03-2016, 03:44 PM
My weight loss journey so far
This is what I look like (right) after losing 83 pounds. I'm only 17 pounds away from my 100 pound goal. I can't believe it.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3257]

Couple years ago I was pushing 250 pounds, I was a fat fuck. Drinking countless sodas, cookies, you name it. One day I was shopping for new pants because my old ones were too tight..I needed size 42. My blood pressure pills were going up and up every 6 months. I couldn't take it anymore.

I started out slow by doing walking 15-20 minutes on the treadmill 3-4 days a week and cutting back on the foods I eat. Did that for a while then increase by pace on the treadmill every month and what not. The first couple months was brutal and almost gave up a few times...but I just told my self over and over that I have to do it.

Now as of today I am jogging/running 10-12 miles a week. I can do about 3 miles in 30 minutes on the treadmill and that is a HUGE accomplishment for me. I never thought I could do it.

I also started lifting weights, squats..planks...whatever I can do in my home without spending a ton of money on equipment. I've been finding heavy things around my house to lift with. I'm stronger than I ever have been.

I completely did a 180 on the way I eat now. I have smaller portions and eat more natural and organic foods and of course more nutritional foods as well. After losing 80 pounds, I don't get heartburn anymore (yay! I can now assume delicious spicy foods!). I sleep better, I can do all sorts of activities outside without running out of breath. Next time I go to the doctors I'll officially be off my high blood pressure pills.

I'm excited to go hiking this summer, I've always loved to go hiking when I was kid but got too fat and too out of shape. I'm going to conquer the mountains in my tiny ass state this year. Banana_zorro

Phew.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 20 users Like nerwin's post
16-03-2016, 03:50 PM
RE: My weight loss journey so far
Congrats bro...

Make it everyday.

Keeping the weight off is just as hard as getting it off --- and that gets exponentially harder as you age.

Now that you got the weight off -- find something physical you really like to do --- and do the fuck out of it...................

You'll be glad you did...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
16-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Congratulations on all your hard work! You look amazing!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
16-03-2016, 05:39 PM
Grats!! Way to go! Thanks for the inspiration Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
16-03-2016, 05:43 PM
Well done mate! Thumbsup

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
17-03-2016, 06:52 AM
Great job! ThumbsupThumbsupThumbsup

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
17-03-2016, 11:48 PM
Awesome Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
21-04-2016, 03:37 AM
Good going Thumbsup

Perseverance is the golden rule!

I lost about 60 pounds due to illness unrelated to my weight. At the time I knew I was overweight, but it didn't bother me too much as I was "fairly" active and felt ok/healthy.
Isn't it funny though how much better you feel after loosing some weight!

Keep on moving forward Big Grin

Spoon feeding in the long run, teaches nothing but the shape of the spoon! E.M. Forster
[+] 1 user Likes stcomza's post
21-04-2016, 06:05 AM
Congrats. I'm currently in the process of losing some weight (200 now, heading to 180 where I feel best). I hope it helps with my heartburn, but I'm pretty sure that's just work stress..

You can probably save some money by dropping the organic thing.. not the nutritionally superior choice that most would have you believe, and they're covered with pesticides just the same.
21-04-2016, 03:25 PM
Congrats man, looking great! I was just told essentially to lose weight or be on HBP and Diabetes meds the rest of my life. Good to see a reminder people can do it!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user