My wife is a christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2013, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013 01:46 AM by GirlyMan.)
RE: My wife is a christian
(08-04-2013 12:01 AM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 02:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  Yeah, but different strokes for different folks.

Not every man has a ManlyGirl to keep him happy.

What does some twenty seven mean? BB and the Green Eyed Butterfly just had our twenty seventh on April the fourth.

That's me and my bitch or, Dottie and her asshole husband, btw.... but I wanted to talk about us in the third person so Girlyman would get it. Big Grin

27 years yeah, that's how long we been married, but 30 years now that's how long we been fucking and ManlyGirls' 45 yo. ... and the statute of limitations has long since expired. Don't judge me. ... Tongue

"The reality of external objects does not admit of strict proof. On the contrary, however, the reality of the object of our internal sense (of myself and state) is clear immediately through consciousness." - Kant
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2013, 12:39 PM
I'm getting a bit more worried about my wife's behaviour now. She has been attending events run by the Bethel church, and from what I read they are considered dangerous even by other christians and charasmatics. She was at an event where some guy was lying on the floor apparently overcome by the spirit!! Is this normal? Also her mother has got involved now too. Currently reading the God Delusion by Richard Dawkins which seems a good read.
12-04-2013, 12:43 PM
(12-04-2013 12:39 PM)jimbob Wrote:  I'm getting a bit more worried about my wife's behaviour now. She has been attending events run by the Bethel church, and from what I read they are considered dangerous even by other christians and charasmatics. She was at an event where some guy was lying on the floor apparently overcome by the spirit!! Is this normal? Also her mother has got involved now too. Currently reading the God Delusion by Richard Dawkins which seems a good read.

We're going to discuss the God Delusion here in June for our brand new TTA book club. May will be God is not Great by Hitchens.

As for the first part of your post...no, that is not normal. Except on religion. Myth kids...not even once.

On a more serious note, it sounds a bit more worrisome to be honest. But that also depends on how she is taking in the new material and how close her relationship with her mother is. And what kind of relationship it is. If it is one of positive feedback loops where they feed off of one another and amplify one another, then that is also not good.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
12-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Her and her mother very much feed off each other and they confirm each others beliefs. There is also talking in tongues too! Just started the book, but I feel liberated since admitting to myself that I'm an atheist.
12-04-2013, 12:56 PM
(12-04-2013 12:48 PM)jimbob Wrote:  Her and her mother very much feed off each other and they confirm each others beliefs. There is also talking in tongues too! Just started the book, but I feel liberated since admitting to myself that I'm an atheist.

That is the first book I read after admitting to myself I did not believe. It was exactly what I needed to show me (in evolutionary terms) why and how people come to beliefs.

As for your situation, the talking in tongues thing is fucking nuts. My mother-in-law buys into that shit and so do some of her kids. Luckily, my wife never bought into it and although she is still religious enough to sometimes use the term 'Christian' in reference to her beliefs, she recognizes that those beliefs are bug nutty.

Not sure there is really much you can do for your wife though. This sounds like a road she is committed to going down. If you don't agree with your kids being led down it, then you should make that clear. If she is only interested in sending herself down that road, then maybe some day she will abandon them as quickly as she adopted them.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
12-04-2013, 01:10 PM
The talking in tongues thing is Fucking insane. It is total delusion. These charasmatics brainwash the vulnerable. I let the kids go to Sunday school last week, but I could be forced to speak out big time if things take a turn for the worse. At the moment my wife seems very happy which is good, but she is not the woman I married.