My wife went to a cooking party tonight.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2013, 10:40 AM
RE: My wife went to a cooking party tonight.
(17-01-2013 12:29 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  happy cricket - I don't understand open relationships. My wife and I are swingers but we do not have encounters with other people when we are apart. It doesn't matter how the group is arranged (FFM, MFM, FF, MFMF, MFMFMFMFM, you get the point), we enjoy sex with others for the same reasons other people use sex toys... to enhance our sex. With open relationships, there is a much higher tendency for one of the couple to form an emotional bond outside the relationship which, clearly, does little to enhance the relationship and often ends it. Of course, that's not the rule but again, it's more common in open relationships than among "same room" swingers and even polyamorous triads where there is a same room type rule. In any event, it seems to me as though there's something not right when people arrange open relationships but since I'm not in one and haven't been in one, I always like to hear others' reasons for the arrangement. Do you mind answering?
It just sort of happened. When we got married, it wasnt a thing for us, but then we moved to another state to go to college and met some people that were into swinging. And to be honest with you, to me anyway, swinging and an open relationship are kind of the same thing. Anyway, we have had threesomes and the occasional foursome, and except for a couple times, only had one-on-one sex with people we knew that were friends. We have been together a long time, fifteen years, and as we get older, we've just both grown to have pretty open ideas about sex in general.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2013, 11:40 AM
(17-01-2013 10:23 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Well obviously rationality
By the way this is my new favorite thing to say ever.
[+] 1 user Likes happy cricket's post
19-01-2013, 11:43 AM
"And to be honest with you, to me anyway, swinging and an open relationship are kind of the same thing"

Swinging is often a component of open relationships and some swinger couples have open relationships but, there is a significant difference. Swinging is something people do together and open relationships imply that either person is free to date and have sex without the other partner being involved.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Right on.