My xmas gift

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2013, 04:11 PM
RE: My xmas gift
Okay, new guy all initiated and stuff, got a bear hug from Girly.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2013, 04:13 PM
(26-12-2013 04:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-12-2013 03:55 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  Didn`t get anything this year and spent christmas alone with a bottle of scotch.

You could've had worse company. Tongue
Come here and give Girly a big old pedo-bear hug. It won't hurt, I promise. Hug

I cought a cold 3-4 days ago, that`s why I stayed alone at home during christmas.

I didn`t want to make anyone sick.

Danke for the pedo hug.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
26-12-2013, 04:16 PM
Don't get a ps4 or xbox one.

There aren't any decent games on the ps4 for new comers (xbox one too).
The only games on the ps4, at the moment and in the near future, are fast paced first person shooters which are not exactly newb friendly.

You might have better luck with a WiiU. It's been out for a year, it has many more games out many of which are aimed at the family market rather than the 13-28 year old male market. It's more beginner friendly and I think you'll have a lot more fun with a WiiU than you will with a ps4.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
26-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Oh dear, you guys are about as sure of all this as I am. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
26-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Oh, and WiiU is cheaper and the games are cheaper too. I assume..., correct me if I'm wrong.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
26-12-2013, 05:08 PM
(26-12-2013 04:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  Oh dear, you guys are about as sure of all this as I am. Tongue

I think the others would agree with me about the WiiU being the best choice (though I don't wanna speak for them). The WiiU tends to get forgotten when surrounded by the hype of the ps4 and xbox one. Doesn't mean it's a bad system.

What it ultimately comes down too is what kind of games you wanna play.
The ps4 and xbox 1's game markets currently and for a near future are pretty limited. They're aimed towards the 13-28 year old male market. They have games mostly consisting of killing shit, blowing stuff up or beating up hookers with rubber dildos found in police headquaters bathrooms. They have some friendly games too, but compared to the Nintendo console it's pretty limited.

The Nintendo focuses more on the "all ages" type games. Zelda, Mario etc..
They're more cartoon, puzzle based type games. Where as ps4 games tend to by hyper realistic (graphics wise), super fast paced, fast reaction time, military shooting games.

Both types of games can be fun. I just think you'll have more fun, as someone who's never played video games before, playing friendly easier to learn games than you will dying over and over and getting frustrated with something like Battlefield, a ps4 game out now.

It's like learning to swim. You can get tossed in the deep end and left to figure out how to swim yourself, and sure you might eventually learn to swim but you're probably just gonna end up sinking to the bottom and hate swimming so much you never go near the water ever again in your entire life. OR you can start in the swallow end, get used to the water, venture into deeper territory as you feel comfortable until you your able to swim. It might take longer, but it'll be a much more pleasant experience and you're far more likely to enjoy swimming all throughout life rather than being put off.

OH, and ps: The WiiU has some fast paced shooting games like the ps4 (or at least the wii did, I assume the wiiu does too), so you're not entirely limited to "all ages" type games.

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
26-12-2013, 05:47 PM
(26-12-2013 05:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(26-12-2013 04:52 PM)Dom Wrote:  Oh dear, you guys are about as sure of all this as I am. Tongue

I think the others would agree with me about the WiiU being the best choice (though I don't wanna speak for them). The WiiU tends to get forgotten when surrounded by the hype of the ps4 and xbox one. Doesn't mean it's a bad system.

The ps4 and xbox 1's game markets currently and for a near future are pretty limited. They're aimed towards the 13-28 year old male market. They have games mostly consisting of killing shit, blowing stuff up or beating up hookers with rubber dildos found in police headquaters bathrooms. They have some friendly games too, but compared to the Nintendo console it's pretty limited.

They're more cartoon, puzzle based type games. Where as ps4 games tend to by hyper realistic (graphics wise), super fast paced, fast reaction time, military shooting games.

Both types of games can be fun. I just think you'll have more fun, as someone who's never played video games before, playing friendly easier to learn games than you will dying over and over and getting frustrated with something like Battlefield, a ps4 game out now.

It's like learning to swim. You can get tossed in the deep end and left to figure out how to swim yourself, and sure you might eventually learn to swim but you're probably just gonna end up sinking to the bottom and hate swimming so much you never go near the water ever again in your entire life. OR you can start in the swallow end, get used to the water, venture into deeper territory as you feel comfortable until you your able to swim. It might take longer, but it'll be a much more pleasant experience and you're far more likely to enjoy swimming all throughout life rather than being put off.

OH, and ps: The WiiU has some fast paced shooting games like the ps4 (or at least the wii did, I assume the wiiu does too), so you're not entirely limited to "all ages" type games.

Learning to swim? Lol. My dad said to my brother: "If you teach her to swim, I'll give you $50." My brother took me to the beach and said: "If you swim, I'll give you $20". I walked into the ocean and swam. When I came out of the water, I said to my bro: "If you don't give me $5 more, I'll tell dad". That's how I learned to swim and made $25 in 10 minutes at age 5. Big Grin

But yeah, I get what you are saying. So why the WIIU and not the Nintendo?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
26-12-2013, 05:59 PM
(26-12-2013 05:47 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(26-12-2013 05:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think the others would agree with me about the WiiU being the best choice (though I don't wanna speak for them). The WiiU tends to get forgotten when surrounded by the hype of the ps4 and xbox one. Doesn't mean it's a bad system.

Learning to swim? Lol. My dad said to my brother: "If you teach her to swim, I'll give you $50." My brother took me to the beach and said: "If you swim, I'll give you $20". I walked into the ocean and swam. When I came out of the water, I said to my bro: "If you don't give me $5 more, I'll tell dad". That's how I learned to swim and made $25 in 10 minutes at age 5. Big Grin

But yeah, I get what you are saying. So why the WIIU and not the Nintendo?

The WiiU is Nintendo and is probably the best choice for you. You will most likely find more games that will appeal to you on that system since it is not as heavily directed at the prime (18-30 year old male) demographic .

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
26-12-2013, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2013 07:55 PM by earmuffs.)
Quote:So why the WIIU and not the Nintendo?

Oh dear lord... *facepalm*

Tongue

Quick lesson: Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony are the big game console developers. Nintendo make the WiiU, Sony make the PS4 and Microsoft make the Xbox One.
Games are than made by 'developers', which are gaming companies that make video games. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo don't make games. Well, Nintendo might I'm not to familiar with them to be honest. Developers are people like Dice. Dice made Battlefield. Than you have 'publishers', these are big shitty companies that nobody likes because they're money hungry wastes of space who don't add anything of value to the gaming community and instead drive the content quality down (ie Call of Duty series) as their demand for money increases. But they advertise, market, distribute etc.. the games. This is companies like EA Games. They also buy and sell rights to game series. Publishers are the scum of the earth, worst then Hitler. Think of it like writing a book. You have the author, the 'developer', and then you have a publisher, the 'publisher'. Same thing.
Some companies are both developer and publisher, ie: Blizzard.
Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft than contract licenses to developers and publishes (who contract out the development to a developer) to allow them to develop games for their console. So this is why you'll get some game series only on certain consoles. ie: You'll only ever play a Mario game on a Nintendo. This is because this is all part of the contract. So when you hear people talking about xbox exclusive or ps4 exclusive etc.. this is what they're talking about. This is a factor people take into account when buying a console.

[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
26-12-2013, 08:09 PM
For a gaming console, the wiiU is a good suggestion. The xbox has the kinect though, which I love.

For a computer, actually the windows surface is really nice.