Myanmar / Rohingya

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2017, 08:09 PM
RE: The shameful silence of Aung San Suu Kyi
Yeah, it's a far cry from the Kyi of ten years ago.

Remember, y'all -- all giants have feet of clay. All of 'em.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2017, 08:11 PM
I read a pretty lot about this today actually trying to find a reason to blame Islam. I don't hate Muslims at all, but Islam (like other religions) really is a serious nuisance. I'm not justifying Myanmar's behavior but I will concede that the more they let Bangladeshi culture spill into their country the more likely they are to have to deal with terrorism. And it's immoral to do what has to be done to stop it. It's a tough situation because it's undeniable that terrorism follows Islam. It's no win for Myanmar. Bangladesh with a porous border is not an enviable situation.
[+] 3 users Like I'mFred's post
06-09-2017, 09:03 PM
(06-09-2017 08:11 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I read a pretty lot about this today actually trying to find a reason to blame Islam. I don't hate Muslims at all, but Islam (like other religions) really is a serious nuisance. I'm not justifying Myanmar's behavior but I will concede that the more they let Bangladeshi culture spill into their country the more likely they are to have to deal with terrorism. And it's immoral to do what has to be done to stop it. It's a tough situation because it's undeniable that terrorism follows Islam. It's no win for Myanmar. Bangladesh with a porous border is not an enviable situation.

There is a Buddhist legend where a bunch of pacifist pussy Buddhist monks who had been trained in basically how to not give a shit and how to show you not to try and make them give a shit in a variety of ways that will ensure you don't try again - sumo, aikido, whatnot. There came a time when the entire village which sat below the monastery on the mount of "Don't you make me give a shit." was threatened by hordes of well, hordes. The monks felt compelled to defend not only themselves but also the village below to convince the horde that they best not make them give a shit. When it became apparent karma was gonna get fucked, one astute Onward Christian Soldier asked, "How do I reconcile 'First, do no harm', with killing this human?" The dude making the call responded something like, "They do not understand the damage they are about to do to not only thousands of innocent people but more importantly, to their own soul. You not only understand the damage it is going to do to their soul, but also the damage it is going to do to your soul to prevent them from doing it. You are better equipped to take the karmic hit than them." .... Something like that. ghostexorcist or Banjo would know the reference. Smile

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
07-09-2017, 09:50 AM
RE: Villiages slaughtered in Myanmar.
(04-09-2017 07:31 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Yeah but they're not real Buddhists. They're radicalized.

Ah, yes, "no true Buddhist ..." Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2017, 12:00 PM
(01-09-2017 12:08 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Yeah, the Western world has an idealized notion that Buddhists are peaceful and passive, all the while forgetting that they too are 175-lb mammals capable of inflicting harm or death upon others.

It's easy to forget that Cambodia, where they killed almost all the educated people and almost anyone who showed signs of literacy in the 70s, is 95% Buddhist.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
[+] 3 users Like tomilay's post
07-09-2017, 12:25 PM
Remember when Aung San Suu Kyi was the poor victim of persecution in our narrative? Turns out victims can turn into monsters once they're in power. It's not the first time that Myanmar makes headlines like this since she is in power.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
07-09-2017, 04:19 PM
RE: Myanmar / Rohingya
(07-09-2017 09:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-09-2017 07:31 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Yeah but they're not real Buddhists. They're radicalized.

Ah, yes, "no true Buddhist ..." Drinking Beverage

You ever study the Sengoku Jidai in any great detail? Buddhists will fuck you right up lol

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
07-09-2017, 04:24 PM
(07-09-2017 12:00 PM)tomilay Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 12:08 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Yeah, the Western world has an idealized notion that Buddhists are peaceful and passive, all the while forgetting that they too are 175-lb mammals capable of inflicting harm or death upon others.

It's easy to forget that Cambodia, where they killed almost all the educated people and almost anyone who showed signs of literacy in the 70s, is 95% Buddhist.

It was officially an atheist regime but that's still an interesting point.
07-09-2017, 07:29 PM
(07-09-2017 04:19 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(07-09-2017 09:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  Ah, yes, "no true Buddhist ..." Drinking Beverage

You ever study the Sengoku Jidai in any great detail? Buddhists will fuck you right up lol

And they'll meditate and be present while Fing you right up. MIDDLE PATH MURDER.
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
11-09-2017, 09:50 PM
(06-09-2017 08:11 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I read a pretty lot about this today actually trying to find a reason to blame Islam. I don't hate Muslims at all, but Islam (like other religions) really is a serious nuisance. I'm not justifying Myanmar's behavior but I will concede that the more they let Bangladeshi culture spill into their country the more likely they are to have to deal with terrorism. And it's immoral to do what has to be done to stop it. It's a tough situation because it's undeniable that terrorism follows Islam. It's no win for Myanmar. Bangladesh with a porous border is not an enviable situation.

I'm from Bangladesh, and I'll explain the whole situation later on today. I'm watching this whole thing with my very own eyes since this is affecting the area I once lived in, the city of chittagong