Mystery Science Theater 3000 is probably going to get a reboot

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2015, 09:23 AM
RE: Mystery Science Theater 3000 is probably going to get a reboot
(12-12-2015 10:24 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I don't know if I'm watching, right now, what it is you're talking about in ^that^ post, but it's a terrible movie called Mole People on KMBC ME-TV, hosted by this guy calling himself svengoogle! I swear I know his voice as one of the robots from MST3K! Unsure

But it's not a running commentary! He's only crapping on it during the commercial breaks, so I don't know if I can keep going on the actual movie w/o at least one of the guys talkin shit, constantly!!!! Hobo Laugh out load

Rifftrax is a thing with Mike Nelson and two guys who voiced Crow and Tom at certain points (Kevin Murphey and Bill Corbet, whose name I'm most definitely getting wrong), where they record the MST3K-esque jokes for new movies, and you buy them as a sound file and sync them to your movie.

Here's the About page on their website.

It's pretty much the same as MST3K, except there are no silhouettes at the bottom of the screen, and you need to sync it yourself (though they just released an app that supposedly helps with that. I haven't tried it yet).

Here's some samples, with M. Knight ShamaLamaDingDong films! Tongue

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2016, 10:48 AM
The Rifftrax take on Santa Meets the Ice Cream Bunny is now an annual holiday staple at my place. Nightmare-fuel costumes, a plot that makes Inception look straightforward, and the sweatiest Santa ever put on film, all to promote an amusement park to children. Yeesh.

[Image: MegahentaiSignature_zps7c4b73b2.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
01-01-2016, 10:59 AM
I saw one episode where they reviewed a Godzilla movie, and Godzilla leaned back kneeling as if to sit on a toilet, and one of the characters made farting noises......... Great stuff.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user