Mystical Marriage?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2015, 08:41 AM
RE: Mystical Marriage?
(05-11-2015 08:35 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 10:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  But I came across a person who claims to be married to god -- that said marriage is consummated. The individual further asserts the catholic church investigated this and found it true.

[Image: 1371958486502996037.jpg]

Jesus tap-dancing Christ.

Robby, I just realized your avatar is of David Silverman being amazed at something incredibly stupid isn't it?

Probably the Bill O Reilly "tide comes in" comment.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2015, 08:53 AM
(05-11-2015 08:41 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Robby, I just realized your avatar is of David Silverman being amazed at something incredibly stupid isn't it?

Probably the Bill O Reilly "tide comes in" comment.

Yes, it is. I picked that picture for a reason. I figured I'd be doing a lot of that when discussing theism.

[Image: david-silverman-seriously.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like RobbyPants's post
05-11-2015, 09:35 AM
(04-11-2015 10:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm not often surprised by thngs and yet on occassion it happens.

But I came across a person who claims to be married to god -- that said marriage is consummated. The individual further asserts the catholic church investigated this and found it true.

Seriously, can someone explain this to me?

Bucky?

Goodwithoutgod?

Anyone?

If it happened to Marry it can happen to anyone, right? What will REALLY be interesting is when she ends up preggers. And what shall we call his name assuming it's a boy? Emmanuel? Might as well...they tried that name once and screwed it up so maybe the second time is a charm.

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
05-11-2015, 09:45 AM
I admit I was eavesdropping on the conversation, at first I nearly started to giggle. But as I heard more, I didn't know what to think.

What's really funny is that god told me that she was just another lonely person.

Because when I left with mil, the next song randomly played on my iPod was Eleanor Rigby Tongue

Anyway, the candle was lit, the prayers said, so I won't need to go back until after mil has the hip surgery.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-11-2015, 11:38 AM

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post