Mythbusters Misfires Cannon, Rolls Over and Falls Asleep

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2011, 10:06 PM
RE: Mythbusters Misfires Cannon, Rolls Over and Falls Asleep
(12-12-2011 09:29 PM)Saimmaq Wrote:  My question is, how old are the houses that close to a firing range of any kind? My suspicion is that the housing has moved closer to the range and not that the range was built close to housing. That would certainly change the feasibility of using that range in future experiments. I also agree, someone was not doing their math or setting the trajectory correctly. It's a damned good thing no one was hurt but the show's reputation.

In the news footage I saw, the houses didn't look that old to me.

And you have to wonder...did it hurt the show's reputation? Kind of makes me more interested in coming back to the show (I used to watch it "religiously", but just like religion, I grew tired of it). Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2011, 11:08 PM
RE: Mythbusters Misfires Cannon, Rolls Over and Falls Asleep
(12-12-2011 10:06 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(12-12-2011 09:29 PM)Saimmaq Wrote:  My question is, how old are the houses that close to a firing range of any kind? My suspicion is that the housing has moved closer to the range and not that the range was built close to housing. That would certainly change the feasibility of using that range in future experiments. I also agree, someone was not doing their math or setting the trajectory correctly. It's a damned good thing no one was hurt but the show's reputation.

In the news footage I saw, the houses didn't look that old to me.

And you have to wonder...did it hurt the show's reputation? Kind of makes me more interested in coming back to the show (I used to watch it "religiously", but just like religion, I grew tired of it). Big Grin

Same here. I have found more fulfilling pursuits of late. Too many books to read, to many TED talks to parse, and too many posts on The Thinking Atheist to read and digest. Oddly, I do not miss MythBusters that much.

Atheism is a non-prophet organisation. Cool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Saimmaq's post