Mythical creatures/characters of which you wanted that they exist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Mythical creatures/characters of which you wanted that they exist
For me it's the Grim Reaper.
First of all i really like the concept of the character itself: A skeleton with a scythe which is a symbol for the harvest.
I also liked the load of stories that were made up about him. He was a character you could actually reason with in some cases, in a certain tale he actually became someone's godfather (pretty famous story, but I forgot the name).
As a child I always found it a relief that he would be there to guide me if i would die.

Even though my view on the world has changed a lot through all those years. I'd still think it would be cool if he existed.

So are there any mythical creatures/character of which you wished that they existed?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2011, 06:30 PM
RE: Mythical creatures/characters of which you wanted that they exist
I always liked the idea of the other version of Death.

The kind old man who comes to you and offers to take your spirit to wherever you believed you would go after dying.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
01-05-2011, 09:12 PM

The Pegasus.
I was a groom for Selkie (cart) racehorses for a time and I love horses generally. So to have a horse that could fly, would be awesome. And just imagine how fun it would be to look to the skies and besides just the typical birds in your region flying around, a horse or horses too!
Of course, it would stand to make bitching about bird droppings being timely right after you wash your car, secondary to the new poo fall but still....Confused

Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2011, 09:15 PM
I don't want to say anything that's very likely to kill me, and that sadly removes most of my choices. Confused

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
01-05-2011, 09:27 PM

(01-05-2011 05:26 PM)Tim_Kiebooms Wrote:  For me it's the Grim Reaper.
First of all i really like the concept of the character itself: A skeleton with a scythe which is a symbol for the harvest.
I also liked the load of stories that were made up about him. He was a character you could actually reason with in some cases, in a certain tale he actually became someone's godfather (pretty famous story, but I forgot the name).
As a child I always found it a relief that he would be there to guide me if i would die.

You might enjoy the book, "The Book of Azrael" By Leilah Wendell.

The authoress is founder of the publishing house featuring her work, Westgate Press.

Check your local library for the title, if you're interested. It's allegedly her interview with the Angel of death, with whom she has a very intimate relationship.
I found it years ago by chance and it was so intriguing I read it in a day and a half.
It's very well written in my opinion and while one can decide whether or not Ms. Wendell is legitimate in her claims, the insight into death and the guardian through the gate, Azrael, changes from what is traditionally portrayed as that grim reaper.

I read this and then not long after "Meet Joe Black" with Brad Pitt came out. So it was great entertainment all the way around.
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2011, 07:20 AM
Leprechauns. They have awesome accents and pots of gold.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
02-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Venus, godess of female beauty and erotics Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
[+] 1 user Likes Observer's post
02-05-2011, 01:21 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2011 02:32 PM by Tim_Kiebooms.)
(02-05-2011 12:09 PM)The_observer Wrote:  Venus, godess of female beauty and erotics Smile
We have a winner Tongue

EDIT:
(01-05-2011 09:27 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  
(01-05-2011 05:26 PM)Tim_Kiebooms Wrote:  For me it's the Grim Reaper.

You might enjoy the book, "The Book of Azrael" By Leilah Wendell.

The authoress is founder of the publishing house featuring her work, Westgate Press.

Check your local library for the title, if you're interested. It's allegedly her interview with the Angel of death, with whom she has a very intimate relationship.
I found it years ago by chance and it was so intriguing I read it in a day and a half.
It's very well written in my opinion and while one can decide whether or not Ms. Wendell is legitimate in her claims, the insight into death and the guardian through the gate, Azrael, changes from what is traditionally portrayed as that grim reaper.

I read this and then not long after "Meet Joe Black" with Brad Pitt came out. So it was great entertainment all the way around.
Sorry if it seemed I ignored it, i was just a bit confused and therefor forgot to add this to my post :/
But thanks! I'll have a look at it :3
03-05-2011, 08:10 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2011 08:13 AM by ebilekittae.)
Can I pick an idea? Big Grin I've always been in love with magick/the occult (I was thiiiiis close to joining "The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn" before becoming an atheist), and I would love it if magic existed! Big Grin Arcane secrets, ritualistic summoning, divine protection charms, enchanted tools... it's my fantasy. Tongue

EDIT: I've even prepared to spend money on learning scrying, after becoming an asuperstitionist. Tongue I know it's all bunk, but it's all very fun to me.

If that's just completely unacceptable, I'd have to go with Faeries. Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
03-05-2011, 08:39 AM
(03-05-2011 08:10 AM)ebilekittae Wrote:  Can I pick an idea? Big Grin I've always been in love with magick/the occult (I was thiiiiis close to joining "The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn" before becoming an atheist), and I would love it if magic existed! Big Grin Arcane secrets, ritualistic summoning, divine protection charms, enchanted tools... it's my fantasy. Tongue

EDIT: I've even prepared to spend money on learning scrying, after becoming an asuperstitionist. Tongue I know it's all bunk, but it's all very fun to me.

If that's just completely unacceptable, I'd have to go with Faeries. Tongue
Nothing unacceptable about it at all Smile

Ever since i was a child i would draw "monsters", they looked really bad in the beginning. But the more i drew, the better i got. In fact i'm still inventing "monsters" at this very moment, i find it relaxing and it stimulates my creativity since i don't just want to draw existing concepts of mythical creatures (but sometimes i do create a different interpretation of these concepts). By now I have created my own world to give all these creatures i invented a place. It's a world where i often escape to through my imagination. If i'm not mistaking you're escaping a bit from reality too with your "magic" fantasies.

Faeries are indeed pretty awesome, I really like Guillermo del Toro's interpretation in Pan's Labyrinth. Smile