Myths about Alqaeda.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2012, 06:21 PM
RE: Myths about Alqaeda.
(21-10-2012 05:51 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Having the intelligence, critical thinking, logic, and persistence to pursue a higher education, and especially higher maths, is a fairly good indicator of their amount of knowledge and critical thinking skills, which are important for determining true information from false information, and for determining which information is important and which information is not.

Or is education just brainwashing?

George Bush graduated from Yale.

What was that you said about higher education? it teaches people to do what?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2012, 06:22 PM
I've been saving this up for you to admit that you think education is a conspiracy, but since you're just going to do the circuitous bullshit route I'll post it anyway.

[Image: 28750341.jpg]

If you don't understand the difference between Pretty Boy Bush getting a free ride for political reasons, and getting an actual education, then it's clear that you aren't educated. Good luck with your GED.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
21-10-2012, 07:22 PM
(21-10-2012 06:22 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  I've been saving this up for you to admit that you think education is a conspiracy, but since you're just going to do the circuitous bullshit route I'll post it anyway.

[Image: 28750341.jpg]

If you don't understand the difference between Pretty Boy Bush getting a free ride for political reasons, and getting an actual education, then it's clear that you aren't educated. Good luck with your GED.

Who the fuck said that education was a conspiracy?

I posted bush's graduation from Yale to say that you don't have to be intelligent as most people aren't intelligent that graduate from college. That isn't what college is for anyway.

If you think that american schools of any kind teach critical thinking then you are total idiot.

Most americans believed that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction in 2003 and many americans still believe that, they learned this from the U.S. government telling them this and the main stream media repeating what the government said. Oh but wait, I thought schools taught critical thinking.....

Watch this

Hey, name ONE school in the U.S. teaches critical thinking.
21-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Any college with a serious math, science, medicine, or engineering program, for starters. MIT, Caltech, most state colleges. LSU. Ohio State. U of Cincinnati. John Hopkin's.

I get the impression you had a hard time of it in high school and gave up, and never attended college, at least not for any length of time. In college, you have to *work*. Not for nonsense like philosophy or literary criticism or business. If you get a degree in underwater basket weaving then obviously you're not going to learn much. But if you want to study a hard subject like science or engineering, then damn straight you learn critical thinking, or you flunk out in your Sophomore year.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
21-10-2012, 07:42 PM
(21-10-2012 07:37 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Any college with a serious math, science, medicine, or engineering program, for starters. MIT, Caltech, most state colleges. LSU. Ohio State. U of Cincinnati. John Hopkin's.

I get the impression you had a hard time of it in high school and gave up, and never attended college, at least not for any length of time. In college, you have to *work*. Not for nonsense like philosophy or literary criticism or business. If you get a degree in underwater basket weaving then obviously you're not going to learn much. But if you want to study a hard subject like science or engineering, then damn straight you learn critical thinking, or you flunk out in your Sophomore year.

Learning how to do something isn't the same thing as critical thinking. Are you implying that learning medicine makes one more likely to be critical of the U.S. government in their foreign policy adventures?

I don't think you get it, most americans believed and many still do that Hussein had weapons of mass destruction in 2003. Those reporters and government employees that repeated the WMD line, were they highschool drop outs or did they attend those great halls of knowledge you were referring to?

So easy
21-10-2012, 07:49 PM
"So easy", self satisfied idiot alert. Really, stop sucking your own dick. It's gross.

Most people aren't critical of every little thing the government does because they have better things to do, for instance make a living, find and care for the person they love, raise kids, smoke pot, whatever.

Critical thinking is a tool that the person may or may not choose to apply.

Critical thinking is NOT "HERP GOVMINT BAD EVERYTING DEY DO IZ EVIL LOLZ"

You seem so critical of everything the government says, yet seem to take whatever alternative explanation comes up first without any substantial evidence? Idiot.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
21-10-2012, 07:57 PM
(21-10-2012 07:49 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  "So easy", self satisfied idiot alert. Really, stop sucking your own dick. It's gross.

Most people aren't critical of every little thing the government does because they have better things to do, for instance make a living, find and care for the person they love, raise kids, smoke pot, whatever.

Critical thinking is a tool that the person may or may not choose to apply.

Critical thinking is NOT "HERP GOVMINT BAD EVERYTING DEY DO IZ EVIL LOLZ"

You seem so critical of everything the government says, yet seem to take whatever alternative explanation comes up first without any substantial evidence? Idiot.

So say if a person has a PhD in psychology and is one of the top psychologists around, yet works with the U.S. government in studying the psychological affect of torture on detainees and uses these detainees as case studies to further the field of psychology would you say this person is a critical thinker?

what alternative view have I taken? I haven't said anything on this website that anyone around the world outside the U.S. already knows.

Like how the U.S. helps and did help alqaeda.
21-10-2012, 07:59 PM
I would say they're a critical thinker who believes the use of torture is justified. Critical thinking doesn't mean they're a good person.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.
21-10-2012, 08:08 PM
(21-10-2012 07:59 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  I would say they're a critical thinker who believes the use of torture is justified. Critical thinking doesn't mean they're a good person.

So they don't learn to be critical of the U.S. empire? If I teach you 5 ways to like broccoli then you use your decision making to figure about the best way to like broccoli, you aren't using critical thinking skills at all. A critical thinker would say "why the fuck do I have to eat broccoli".

The psychologist is not a critical thinker in that case for the same reason, they aren't critical of the big picture or they aren't taught to see the wider picture and the consequences.

According to your definition anyone can have critical thinking skills. I believe most people do not have critical thinking skills. Example: in the media they are saying that Iran has or wants to attain nuclear weapons even though there is no evidence that this is true. Now some media say that Iran is making nuclear weapons, some say they are close, some say they want nuclear weapons but aren't close to attaining one. All 3 are different ways of thinking critically about something but in essence they all repeat the same big picture, that Iran is a boogey man that wants weapons so they can kill people and are a threat. A person with critical thinking skills would see that the stories are all bullshit and very similar, a person without critical thinking skills would say that the media is already being critical by reporting on something in different ways.
21-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Critical thinking does not mean "thinks exactly like Mr. I and I". Critical thinking, as I said, is a tool and can be applied, or not applied, to any subject. And most people, you are correct, are not good at critical thinking, though most are capable of learning, if they're taught how before they become set in their beliefs.

You're basically saying, "I don't like the government, and most people seem apathetic about it. Therefore they're all fucking morons who are brainwashed into believing whatever the media says, every single one of them." Which is why you're an arrogant, stupid, boring internet asshole who I feel ok about insulting because you didn't come here for genuine debate, but rather to just call everyone sheeple and bitch about things that most educated people do, in fact, actually know, but aren't really relevant to their interest or everyday life.

Pull your head out of your ass and consider that you could be wrong, and that people have better things to worry about. Not everyone gives a shit about foreign policy. Some people would rather we focused on resolving issues at home before fixing our broken world reputation. Mkay? Oh, and check your facts. Just because something is insinuated in a news article or blog does not make it fact, and just because the government says something doesn't make it a lie.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
It works, bitches.