Myths about Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2010, 01:03 PM

RE: Myths about Atheist
No Un. it was not an actual documentary.. it was a "What if?" sorta thing.
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2010, 01:18 PM

Here's what I found out about Dr. Peter Hogarth:

"Dr. Peter John Hogarth, the biology consultant for Dragons: A Fantasy Made Real, is the senior lecturer in biology at University of York, in the United Kingdom. For years, Hogarth has been fascinated by the history of biology and what he calls the "un-natural history" of mythical creatures and belief in them. Hogarth's interest and in-depth study of dragons, in particular, has led him to write a number of books and articles covering the ecological aspects of dragons, the evolution of St. George as a dragon-slaying saint and dragon mythology in general. He has also given frequent talks and occasional broadcast interviews on the biology of dragons, giants and other mythical beasts.
When he is not pondering the mythical biology of dragons and other such creatures, Hogarth's main research interests are tropical marine biology, particularly the ecology and diversity of crustaceans, and the ecology of mangrove habitats. He has worked in Pakistan, China, Malaysia, the Maldives, Yemen, Egypt, Oman and the United Arab Emirates. He has also studied the effects of irrigation and related schemes on coastal ecosystems and fisheries in the Indus Delta (Pakistan), and of the impact of a major barrage on the lower Indus."

This is akin to an Astronomer dabbling in Astrology (as a past time, NOT A SERIOUS AREA OF STUDY).
10-03-2010, 01:23 PM

(10-03-2010 12:55 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(10-03-2010 12:43 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Dr. Peter Hogarth, Senior Biologist of the University of York

Source?

Also, even if there are people who say it's possible. It's possible that leprechauns exist. Unless they have proof, it doesn't matter.
Don't think that I didn't notice the way you avoided responding to the rest of my post, either.

Which post are you talking about and I will respond
10-03-2010, 01:27 PM

(10-03-2010 01:23 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(10-03-2010 12:55 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(10-03-2010 12:43 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Dr. Peter Hogarth, Senior Biologist of the University of York

Source?

Also, even if there are people who say it's possible. It's possible that leprechauns exist. Unless they have proof, it doesn't matter.
Don't think that I didn't notice the way you avoided responding to the rest of my post, either.

Which post are you talking about and I will respond

You know what he meant.. but I already answered so you don't have to look for a source, but you actually thought that was real???

This explains alot...
10-03-2010, 02:07 PM
This one. You responded to the last part, but not the first two.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2010, 07:32 PM

(10-03-2010 02:07 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  This one. You responded to the last part, but not the first two.

Let's summarize because you tend to get off track. I said show me where I have misquoted the Bible, you brought up a website that I referenced, with hundreds of verses, but ok I am willing to defend the Job verses. I said you need to start reading chap 38 first, as it was God talking and not Job, you did and we decided that the idea that dinosaurs and Job walking around together was not right. You then brought up the the verses about what you call a dragon. The Hebrew never mentions dragon, the English never mentions the word dragon, no one knows what animal those verses were talking about, but let's say it is a dragon, there is a probability that dragons could have existed, and after all isn't probability and chance what makes up evolution? So again show me where I have misquoted the Bible.
10-03-2010, 07:45 PM
(10-03-2010 07:32 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  I said show me where I have misquoted the Bible, you brought up a website that I referenced, with hundreds of verses

And yet I quoted only a few - the very ones that the site you brought up mentioned, in fact.

Quote:I said you need to start reading chap 38 first, as it was God talking and not Job

And I never said that it was Job talking, so this was pointless.

Quote:You then brought up the the verses about what you call a dragon.

No. These were the verses that the site you brought up claimed described a dinosaur. I didn't bring them up. Your own source did.

Quote:The Hebrew never mentions dragon, the English never mentions the word dragon, no one knows what animal those verses were talking about

Then you can't use those verses as evidence that it was a dinosaur, can you?

Quote:but let's say it is a dragon, there is a probability that dragons could have existed

Doesn't mean that they did. If the Bible really did say that dragons existed, it would simply be another blow against it.

Quote:and after all isn't probability and chance what makes up evolution?

No. I've explained this to you before.

Quote:So again show me where I have misquoted the Bible.

When you brought up that site which referenced Job 40:15 and onward as being proof that the Bible talked about dinosaurs.

- Terry Pratchett
10-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Unbeliever,

I admire your tenacity, but don't you get exhausted??? It must feel like you're talking to a roll of toilet paper. (Oh wait...maybe toilet paper has slightly more comprehension)

Just visiting.

-SR
Find all posts by this user
10-03-2010, 08:51 PM
(10-03-2010 08:44 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Unbeliever,

I admire your tenacity, but don't you get exhausted??? It must feel like you're talking to a roll of toilet paper. (Oh wait...maybe toilet paper has slightly more comprehension)

Not really. I find watching him run around in circles entertaining.

- Terry Pratchett
10-03-2010, 08:51 PM
(10-03-2010 07:32 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(10-03-2010 02:07 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  This one. You responded to the last part, but not the first two.

Let's summarize because you tend to get off track. I said show me where I have misquoted the Bible, you brought up a website that I referenced, with hundreds of verses, but ok I am willing to defend the Job verses. I said you need to start reading chap 38 first, as it was God talking and not Job, you did and we decided that the idea that dinosaurs and Job walking around together was not right. You then brought up the the verses about what you call a dragon. The Hebrew never mentions dragon, the English never mentions the word dragon, no one knows what animal those verses were talking about, but let's say it is a dragon, there is a probability that dragons could have existed, and after all isn't probability and chance what makes up evolution? So again show me where I have misquoted the Bible.

Isn't there an entire page here dedicated to finding contradictions in the bible?

Here it is. http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/bible_...tions.html

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user