Myths about Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2010, 09:14 PM

RE: Myths about Atheist
(10-03-2010 08:51 PM)ashley.hunt60 Wrote:  
(10-03-2010 07:32 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(10-03-2010 02:07 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  This one. You responded to the last part, but not the first two.

Let's summarize because you tend to get off track. I said show me where I have misquoted the Bible, you brought up a website that I referenced, with hundreds of verses, but ok I am willing to defend the Job verses. I said you need to start reading chap 38 first, as it was God talking and not Job, you did and we decided that the idea that dinosaurs and Job walking around together was not right. You then brought up the the verses about what you call a dragon. The Hebrew never mentions dragon, the English never mentions the word dragon, no one knows what animal those verses were talking about, but let's say it is a dragon, there is a probability that dragons could have existed, and after all isn't probability and chance what makes up evolution? So again show me where I have misquoted the Bible.

Isn't there an entire page here dedicated to finding contradictions in the bible?

Here it is. http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/bible_...tions.html

Here is a test for and others, prove those supposed contradictions wrong! Look up those verses from the Christian perspective and see if they are contradictions. I will save you time they are not!
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2010, 09:20 PM
(10-03-2010 09:14 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Here is a test for and others, prove those supposed contradictions wrong! Look up those verses from the Christian perspective and see if they are contradictions. I will save you time they are not!

If the verses in the link ashley provided are accurate, they certainly seem to be. Why do you think that they are not?

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2010, 09:32 PM

(10-03-2010 09:14 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(10-03-2010 02:07 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  This one. You responded to the last part, but not the first two.

Let's summarize because you tend to get off track. I said show me where I have misquoted the Bible, you brought up a website that I referenced, with hundreds of verses, but ok I am willing to defend the Job verses. I said you need to start reading chap 38 first, as it was God talking and not Job, you did and we decided that the idea that dinosaurs and Job walking around together was not right. You then brought up the the verses about what you call a dragon. The Hebrew never mentions dragon, the English never mentions the word dragon, no one knows what animal those verses were talking about, but let's say it is a dragon, there is a probability that dragons could have existed, and after all isn't probability and chance what makes up evolution? So again show me where I have misquoted the Bible.

Isn't there an entire page here dedicated to finding contradictions in the bible?

Here is a test for and others, prove those supposed contradictions wrong! Look up those verses from the Christian perspective and see if they are contradictions. I will save you time they are not!

There you have it, martin!

"...Look up those verses from the Christian perspective..."

There in lies the problem...YOU are not looking at the verses from an Atheist perspective...we are looking at them from both perspectives, as many of us have been Christian in the past (shamefully, yes).
10-03-2010, 09:42 PM

(10-03-2010 09:32 PM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  

There in lies the problem...YOU are not looking at the verses from an Atheist perspective...we are looking at them from both perspectives, as many of us have been Christian in the past (shamefully, yes).

Exactly!
10-03-2010, 10:00 PM

(10-03-2010 08:51 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(10-03-2010 08:44 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Unbeliever,

I admire your tenacity, but don't you get exhausted??? It must feel like you're talking to a roll of toilet paper. (Oh wait...maybe toilet paper has slightly more comprehension)

Not really. I find watching him run around in circles entertaining.

I would encourage all of you To look up "unbeliever" on this site. Look up how many posts he has made 17.17 percent of the posts. You people think that I am crazy because I respond to him. Look at the member list, most people have never responded to anything at all, so how can I respond to people that don't respond? Must be atheist logic that I don't get.

He only responds to posts, he has never written a post that was his own thoughts, go to threads by "unbeliever" and see for yourself. I have encouraged him to write something in his own words, but he hasn't yet.

BTW I have attended TAM, I dig James Randi, I dig Penn of Penn and Teller, I plan on attending TAM this year. I am a skeptic, and even though I am a skeptic I believe God exists.
10-03-2010, 10:02 PM
(10-03-2010 10:00 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  He only responds to posts, he has never written a post that was his own thoughts, go to threads by "unbeliever" and see for yourself. I have encouraged him to write something in his own words, but he hasn't yet.

All my posts are my own thoughts, martin. What more do you want? And how is this supposed to make my objections to your arguments invalid? Or are you simply bashing on me pointlessly like you normally do?

- Terry Pratchett
10-03-2010, 10:12 PM

(10-03-2010 10:00 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(10-03-2010 08:51 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(10-03-2010 08:44 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Unbeliever,

I admire your tenacity, but don't you get exhausted??? It must feel like you're talking to a roll of toilet paper. (Oh wait...maybe toilet paper has slightly more comprehension)

Not really. I find watching him run around in circles entertaining.

I would encourage all of you To look up "unbeliever" on this site. Look up how many posts he has made 17.17 percent of the posts. You people think that I am crazy because I respond to him. Look at the member list, most people have never responded to anything at all, so how can I respond to people that don't respond? Must be atheist logic that I don't get.

He only responds to posts, he has never written a post that was his own thoughts, go to threads by "unbeliever" and see for yourself. I have encouraged him to write something in his own words, but he hasn't yet.

BTW I have attended TAM, I dig James Randi, I dig Penn of Penn and Teller, I plan on attending TAM this year. I am a skeptic, and even though I am a skeptic I believe God exists.

You claim to be a skeptic yet you quote supposed prophesies from the bible? and hold it as evidence... that hardly seem skeptical... so far you have sounded like a fundamentalist.
10-03-2010, 10:19 PM

(10-03-2010 09:42 PM)DrNekoDR Wrote:  
(10-03-2010 09:32 PM)supermanlives1973 Wrote:  

Exactly!

I appreciate our host of this site for taking the time and whatever expense is required for us to talk about these issues. But those contradictions are not the best ones that I have even heard. So, responders give me your best Bible contradiction and I will let unbeliever decide which ONE I will respond to.
10-03-2010, 10:23 PM
martin, can you or can you not provide answers to the contradictions pointed out in the link?

- Terry Pratchett
10-03-2010, 10:24 PM
(10-03-2010 10:00 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  I would encourage all of you To look up "unbeliever" on this site. Look up how many posts he has made 17.17 percent of the posts. You people think that I am crazy because I respond to him. Look at the member list, most people have never responded to anything at all, so how can I respond to people that don't respond? Must be atheist logic that I don't get.

Are you trying to turn us against Unbeliever(For lack of better words)? This isn't the first time you have tried to get other atheists here to examine Unbeliever's posts. I try to stay out of conflicts not relating me, but really, where are you going with that? When he, or anyone really, responds to a post, he puts thought into it.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
Find all posts by this user