Myths about Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2010, 05:51 AM

Myths about Atheist
Atheists hate Christians and Christianity.

Most atheists started out as Christians, and stopped believing because of some bad experience with other Christians.

Atheists have no sense of morality, since morality comes from God.

Atheists are a unified group, like a church.

Atheists actually know, deep inside, that there’s a God, as that’s perfectly obvious; they are simply too proud and arrogant to admit the existence of something greater than themselves.

Atheists don’t really know anything about Christianity.

Atheists’ lives are cold and empty, as they can’t feel the joy and love that comes only from God.

Atheists are depressive and nihilistic, since they believe there’s nothing after death, and therefore there’s no point to anything.

Atheists are cold and uncaring.

Atheists are arrogant.

Atheists want to forbid religious worship.

Atheists are incapable of feeling awe at simple things, like a beautiful sunset, as they see everything in terms of cold science, instead of miracles.

Atheists live their lives in constant fear of death.

Most criminals are atheists (or, alternatively, the percentage of atheists among criminals is higher than among the general populace).

Atheists are stubborn and closed-minded.

Atheists make bad parents.
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2010, 07:56 AM

RE: Myths about Atheist
Atheists have small penisis. This is the fakest of all.
09-03-2010, 02:52 PM

Even though that was from a Bot I agree those are all myths with the exception of knowing about Christianity, that one has been proven time and again on this site.
09-03-2010, 02:58 PM
(09-03-2010 02:52 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Even though that was from a Bot I agree those are all myths with the exception of knowing about Christianity, that one has been proven time and again on this site.

Funny, as it's you that's been proven to have gotten Biblical references wrong.
Also, in case you haven't been paying attention, many of us are former Christians.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2010, 04:14 PM

(09-03-2010 02:58 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(09-03-2010 02:52 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  Even though that was from a Bot I agree those are all myths with the exception of knowing about Christianity, that one has been proven time and again on this site.

Also, in case you haven't been paying attention, many of us are former Christians.

Show me one time where I have "gotten Biblical references wrong"
09-03-2010, 04:29 PM
(09-03-2010 04:14 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  

Did you not see the link?

- Terry Pratchett
09-03-2010, 05:11 PM

(09-03-2010 04:29 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  

No link sorry, I take that back, it just shows in bold type
(09-03-2010 05:11 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(09-03-2010 04:29 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  

No link sorry, I take that back, it just shows in bold type

Before I waste my time, I need to know YOUR ground rules. Am I supposed to find an atheist Bible theologian? What sources can I quote? Don't want to commit any fallacies etc.
09-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote whatever. As long as it gives a sound logical basis for its claims, I don't care where it comes from.

- Terry Pratchett
09-03-2010, 06:38 PM

(09-03-2010 05:32 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Quote whatever. As long as it gives a sound logical basis for its claims, I don't care where it comes from.

I am going to give you a tip, show you some wisdom, the best way to get someone to agree with you is to make them see it for themselves. The best managers in business are the ones that make you WANT to do something, not MAKE you do something. I like to say "give you the rope so you can hang yourself" What I just told you was the "back of the book technique" It's like reading the last chapter of a book first. Instead of just letting you hang yourself, I am telling you that I am going to do it.

So forget all that I just wrote all that, and mentally start form here > Chapters and verses were put in by Stephen Langton around 1227 AD. So you need to make sure when you are reading the Bible, that you are reading the entire passage. This is what atheists hate, the C word, context. I want you to start with Chapter 38, before that chapter Job was questioning God and how he was doing things. Starting at 38 God starts talking, 38:2 (This is the 18 year old DND game player translation) "Who the eff are you to tell me anything" keep reading until you get to chapter 40. Chapter 40 verse 3. Job says "Opps I eff'd up, I will keep my hand over my mouth" Then God continues talking.

So tell me in Job 40, Who is talking? Knowing that God started talking in chapter 38, what was/is he talking about?
09-03-2010, 06:47 PM
(09-03-2010 06:38 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  So tell me in Job 40, Who is talking?

Your god.

Quote:Knowing that God started talking in chapter 38, what was/is he talking about?

He was telling Job "Shut the **** up, n00b, I'M GOD."

Your point?

- Terry Pratchett

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Atheist / Agnostic Informational Resource Library Near 165 15,497 Today 03:51 AM
Last Post: Ace
  This Is How British Atheist Comedians Take-The-Piss Out Of Religion! Ace 2 96 25-07-2014 10:45 AM
Last Post: Mathilda
  Some facepalm moments my mum said to me after finding out I am atheist... TheLogicalAthiest 11 303 23-07-2014 03:05 PM
Last Post: Adrianime
  Newest Accusation For Proof That Atheists Are Evil: Dr. Kevorkian Was Atheist! WindyCityJazz 3 116 22-07-2014 07:54 PM
Last Post: Smercury44
  It takes more faith to be an Atheist TheKetola 40 3,714 18-07-2014 01:29 PM
Last Post: Mr. Slave
  A Christian's response to"An atheist's critique of the Bible Jeremy E Walker 183 3,197 24-06-2014 04:40 PM
Last Post: Anna
  Favorite Atheist Misconception? =jesse= 45 975 14-06-2014 10:34 PM
Last Post: Sam