Myths about Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2010, 07:54 PM

RE: Myths about Atheist
(09-03-2010 06:47 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(09-03-2010 06:38 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  So tell me in Job 40, Who is talking?

Your god.

Quote:Knowing that God started talking in chapter 38, what was/is he talking about?

He was telling Job "Shut the **** up, n00b, I'M GOD."

Your point?

Ok, so Job was NOT talking and saying there was dinosaurs in HIS time. God was talking and saying there were dinosaurs. Ok. so keep reading into 41, tell me what God is saying? BTW giving you more rope.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes martinb59's post
09-03-2010, 07:56 PM
(09-03-2010 07:54 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  

Your god.

Quote:Knowing that God started talking in chapter 38, what was/is he talking about?

Your point?

Ok, so Job was NOT talking and saying there was dinosaurs in HIS time. God was talking and saying there were dinosaurs. Ok.

No, not okay. I told you in that thread. God was describing dragons. Do try to keep up.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2010, 07:58 PM

(09-03-2010 07:56 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(09-03-2010 07:54 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  

Your god.

Your point?

Ok, so Job was NOT talking and saying there was dinosaurs in HIS time. God was talking and saying there were dinosaurs. Ok.

No, not okay. I told you in that thread. God was describing dragons. Do try to keep up.

And by what are you determining that he was talking about dragons, your knowledge of the Hebrew language? I am just going to feed you more rope.
09-03-2010, 07:59 PM
(09-03-2010 07:58 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  And by what are you determining that he was talking about dragons,

Did you not even bother to read what I posted?

Job 41, KJV Wrote:19Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.

20Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.

21His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth.

- Terry Pratchett
09-03-2010, 08:40 PM

(09-03-2010 07:59 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(09-03-2010 07:58 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  And by what are you determining that he was talking about dragons,

Job 41, KJV Wrote:19Out of his mouth go burning lamps, and sparks of fire leap out.

What is the point of all those verses? Is to prove dragons exist or don't exist or to prove that God is OVER whatever it is they are talking about, whether it be an alligator, elephant, dinosaur, dragon etc?
09-03-2010, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2010 08:57 PM by Unbeliever.)
(09-03-2010 08:40 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  What is the point of all those verses? Is to prove dragons exist or to prove God is OVER whatever it is they are talking about, whether it be an alligator, elephant, dinosaur etc?

Ah, never mind. Tone of voice is hard to understand on the internet; I took "over" to mean something else.

In any case, you lose no matter which option you claim it to be. If you say that your god was stating that dragons exist, you are claiming an obvious falsehood, and the Bible is not infallible. If you claim that your god was merely stating that he was greater than any of the things he listed, then you have contradicted yourself by stating that the passage in question supports the idea that the Biblical authors had divine knowledge of dinosaurs.

- Terry Pratchett
09-03-2010, 09:12 PM

I is here to watch'yer back.... sheesh... I better not have to put up with all that circular logic, no evidence as proof crap.. I swear....
09-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Glad to have you with us, DrNeko. Unfortunately, yes, we do get circular logic and bare assertion here. Sorry.

- Terry Pratchett
09-03-2010, 09:19 PM

Oh for fucks sakes how are you supposed to argue with that?.. its like a dog chasing his own tail... and he is missing a leg.... and is blind...
09-03-2010, 09:33 PM

(09-03-2010 08:40 PM)martinb59 Wrote:  
(09-03-2010 07:59 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  

What is the point of all those verses? Is to prove dragons exist or don't exist or to prove that God is OVER whatever it is they are talking about, whether it be an alligator, elephant, dinosaur, dragon etc?

martin, point of the matter is regardless of what Job or god said in the so-called 'infallible' book, it doesn't really matter. There have been ZERO fossils found of biblical-era humans, donkeys, elephants - heck even bunnies are missing! - at the same geological layer as where dinosaur fossils have been found.

To take what the bible says and proclaim 'truth' is stupid. That's like me reading about elves in the White House garden from The Enquirer and actually BELIEVING it. Not a lot of credibility in that publication...

The more I read your rants, and the more I review the bible, the more I'm beginning to realize that the writers were trippin' on some weird stuff (or schizophrenic, you pick).