NASA Mooned America

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2013, 04:09 PM
NASA Mooned America
Ahhhh, the moon landing conspiracy. Still hangs on, despite 44 years of evidence to the contrary.

There's the primary body of evidence produced by Ralph Rene (194 pages!)

http://www.whale.to/c/NASA_mooned_america.pdf

Debunking the whole thing would take quite some time. The Mythbusters did a pretty good job with most of the points

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2013, 05:06 PM
RE: NASA Mooned America
My dad saw Capricorn One and totally believed it.

I thought he was crazy or drunk. Turned out he was both.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-06-2013, 06:41 PM
Neil DeGrass Tyson does a great debunking of this myth on Joe Rogans Podcast series.... Joe is really insistant that he thinks the moon landing could have been fake and Tyson just lays out one proof after the next that is was real. The best of which is the infinite difficulty in faking a light source as distant as the sun. There is also a really interesting historical discussion about why we where there at all and why faking a moon landing would have served no purpose.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-06-2013, 11:15 AM
Laser beams prove we did. If you have the equipment for it you can shoot a laser beam at the mirrors on the moon and measure the time it takes to return.

09-06-2013, 12:38 PM
(09-06-2013 11:15 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Laser beams prove we did. If you have the equipment for it you can shoot a laser beam at the mirrors on the moon and measure the time it takes to return.

Also a great way to refute creationist arguments over the 'irreducible complexity' of the cell. That same laser/mirror measurements prove that the moon was a heck of a lot closer to earth a few billion years ago and that we would have have 200+ foot tides and very short days essentially rendering the entire earth into a giant centrifuge full of organic soup....One day the moon will leave us entirely and it will be sorely missed.

[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
09-06-2013, 01:21 PM
(09-06-2013 11:15 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Laser beams prove we did. If you have the equipment for it you can shoot a laser beam at the mirrors on the moon and measure the time it takes to return.

You mean the 'mirrors' that are actually the portholes of crashed alien flying saucers?

Those 'mirrors'? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
09-06-2013, 02:51 PM
(09-06-2013 01:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  

You mean the 'mirrors' that are actually the portholes of crashed alien flying saucers?

Those 'mirrors'? Consider

I think by "mirrors" he means the tears of God.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/nasa-co...god,19263/

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
09-06-2013, 03:35 PM
(08-06-2013 05:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My dad saw Capricorn One and totally believed it.

I wonder how responsible that movie has been for spawning the notion of it having been faked?

Hmm... Consider which came first; the conspiracy or this movie?

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
09-06-2013, 11:50 PM
(09-06-2013 03:35 PM)kim Wrote:  
(08-06-2013 05:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My dad saw Capricorn One and totally believed it.

I wonder how responsible that movie has been for spawning the notion of it having been faked?

Hmm... Consider which came first; the conspiracy or this movie?

They made the movie as a safe way to tell the world about the conspiracy because the government was gonna beat them up and take their stuff if they didn't shut up about it.

Fuckin' conspiracy theorists Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
10-06-2013, 07:28 AM
There's also the fact that faking the footage was literally impossible at the time.

Also, you'd think - were it fake - the Soviet Union just miiight have noticed. Given that they knew damn well what what was and wasn't happening in space (just as the Americans tracked all of their missions).

So, necessarily, they were in on it too, I suppose...
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post